July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It has a creamy texture and is medium to full coverage. It doesn't feel heavy or drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

I LOVE this foundation! The packaging is kind of cheap. I can't get the very last bit of product out which is annoying. This lasts all day on me even without a powder to set! The coverage is adjustable which I like. I wish there was a larger selection of shades though. The ones at my Sephora are mainly neutral and I prefer my foundations to be more on the yellow side.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kira1999

This foundation kept me VERY matte for a long time. But it clung to my dry spots and intensified every flaw on my face. It had medium to full coverage and lasts 6 hours. It looks very cakey and unnatural, I was honestly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been buying this foundation for over 3 yrs now. I love it, it goes very well with my skin type. They make my pores look almost invisible and love the matte finish. For a natural look I sometimes wear it by itself and makes my complexion flawless and natural. Always wear primer underneath as it doesn't add any moisture to your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by aliciamay310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. I have oily skin and this definitely helps to keep my face matte longer throughout the day. The coverage is full without needing a lot of product. This foundation will last forever, so worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xmissmilly

I was recommended this foundation at Sephora when I asked for a foundation that would not separate on my nose (I have a very oily T-zone)

I LOVE this foundation. It blends seamlessly, covers very well and doesn't separate. My most favorite thing about this foundation is that when I put it on it doesn't look cakey, and I feel like I'm not even wearing anything on my face.

I have been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay, but that is only great for me in the winter as my skin gets very dry, but in the warmer months this foundation separated and it looked very obvious I had foundation on.

The packaging is not very good as the plastic that the bottle is made out of is hard to squeeze, also I have started breaking out on my chin a lot and it is a possibility that it is the foundation (even though I use an acne primer) or it might be because foundation and heat just doesn't mix no matter what. The price is a bit steep of 1.01oz of liquid foundation, compared to Tarte's foundation that is the same price but 1.7 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by viiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I was using the Makeup Forever HD foundation, but in the summer my face gets really oily and the foundation didn't work anymore. I went to Sephora and I tried a couple of foundation, but the only one that really looked good on me was the mat velvet +. I have deep acne scars and some foundation tend to make them look worst, but not this one. My face doesn't get oily as fast as with the HD. It's full coverage, so it's great for acne scars. You can definitely wear this foundation for a complete day. I would recommend it to my friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by samespace

I'm just starting to love make-up, but this isn't my first pricey foundation. My first was Laura Mercier, which I didn't like at all (that'd be a different review) because it didn't stay on my face as much as I wanted. My face is of the combination skin type, so I'll need something that would have some oil control.

Which is why I went for this. :)

PROS:
- Really good coverage! My sister noticed that "Hey, whatever she has on, it's covering up really nicely"
- Even though my face started to shine after 2-3 hours, it still somehow stayed on. No need to retouch
- Not thick on my face. I was told it might be heavy for me but I didn't think so. :)

CONS:
- A bit too pricey
- Face got a little shiny after about 3 hours. Then again, I'm in a tropical country.

I really like this foundation! But I think I'll go for the MUFE Face and Body Foundation next time, since it's said to be waterproof, which might be better for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to work at Sephora, and tried this after hearing about how amazing it was from my favorite makeup guru TiffanyD on youtube and from customers and a co worker. I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Yes, the product did mattify my skin, but it also made it dull (I'm 19, I shouldn't have dull skin) and made every imperfection obvious. For the price tag, I expected this to be a knockout, which it was not. Perhaps if you are super oily, this is a solution, but if you have moderate oil, I would suggest you look elsewhere, this is extreme.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I can not believe I have used for three summers in a row and have yet to review this! I have worn this in 88% humidity at 90 degrees, playing in a park with a bunch of second graders and it has held up pretty darn nice without breaking me out. I would not use this in the cooler months as I have normal to dry skin. But in the summer my t-zone can get oily & I get sweaty. I also mix this with my favorite SPF, Olay Complete Sensitive Skin for lighter coverage and easier application. It doesn't feel or look to heavy once it is on, but sometimes I think "why am I applying heavier foundation in the summer?" ( I use MAC F&B in the cooler months.)

Pros:
-Love the squeeze bottle and that it isn't open mouthed
-No SPF - this is a plus for me, I am senstive to SPF's and can only use my Olay.
-Good coverage
-Helps keep me matte

Cons
-Feels a touch heavier than I would prefer for summer which is when it works best for me.
-I can not use this in the cooler/drier months - but not really a con for me.