Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/24/2015 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wear #75

I used to work at Sephora and as an employee we had to get color matched to ensure we were wearing proper foundation. Based on what I like in a foundation our listings suggested that I try Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. When my coworker put it on me I instantly fell in love!! Never before had I had such a flawless matte look. I looked like a doll. I was so impressed. After wearing it out a few times at different occasions I decided to purchase it and it has not let me down since.
The cover is medium to full depending on how much you apply. You only really need one pass of it around the entire face (once again depends on how much product you apply). It wears extremely well. I sometimes get oily in my T-zone but with the right face primer my foundation stays flawless all day long. Without it, a little shine comes through but not much.
For those new to matte foundation it can be scary at first especially if you're in bad lighting but it warms up to your natural skin tone and with a finishing spray makes your face look incredible.
For my brown skin women out there some of my friends of darker complexion have complained that the line doesn't go as dark as they need it but for me it's perfect. I'm a medium brown color and the foundation has a red/yellow base to it which matches my undertones perfectly. If this doesn't work for you then I suggest Cover FX.
But, overall this product is amazing and I will continue to buy this for my matte foundation looks.

Let's just start with I am a snowball. I have extreeeemely fair skin that even the lightest shades of some foundations is too dark. But the lightest shade of this foundation is PERFECT for my skin tone. Also, I have combination skin and gets a little shiny throughout the day but nothing bad. This keeps my face shine free for about 6 hours and then I get a tad bit dewy but it honestly just looks natural and glowy so it doesnt bother me. It blends out beuatifully with any tool or with fingers. Also, I went swimming today for about 2 hours with it on and it stayed in place. Also, my very acne probe skin didn't breakout. Can't say enough good things about this!

on 6/22/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is an ok foundation in my opinion. it has a very nice refreshing smell but it does escentuate pores, bumps, dry patches, etc. It provides a medium coverage and not really buildable either. and I didn't find it to have any oil control. I didn't like the finish look. It looked really cakey/velvety.

on 5/30/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I finally switched to a new foundation after wearing Clinique's Perfectly Real liquid foundation for so long.
This foundation provides good coverage for my acne-scarred skin, especially when topped with a little concealer. It actually leaves my skin looking a little dewy/velvety than matte, which I prefer. But after sometime, the dewy transitions to oily. Because of this, I have to touch up once or twice throughout the day with a blotting sheet or some thin powder. But to be fair, my skin is naturally more on the oily side. And just some FYI, when I blot, more makeup comes off onto the sheets than oil (I use the blue sheets from Clean&Clear).
I'm fine with touching up because of I love the way this foundation makes my skin look!!! Looks so smooth, even with flash from a camera!!! And I've finally found a near perfect match for my light, middle-eastern skin ((no pink undertones unlike my clinique foundation). I am shade 35.
And also, I have not breaken out since switching to this foundaion a couple weeks ago, despite my acne-prone skin. Only con for me is this price, but you pay for what you get. So worth it!

on 5/27/2015 6:48:00 PM

Beautiful matte finish when my face is 100% moisturized, but my face has always been more dry than oily. Not for very dry skin!

on 5/26/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this based on great reviews. I am glad I finally tried it and will definitely repurchase and recommend. I am combination-oily NC45 in MAC and picked up shade 70 Caramel in this. The colour match is good but not perfect. It is ever so slightly too dark in winter but when blended looks fine year round.

I avoided this for a long time and tried the HD MUFE instead (disaster though it turned out to be) because the name suggested a heavy and cakey finish. It isn't at all. It sets to a slightly-more-mat-than-satin finish and looks like skin. Nearly undetectable. It also has very good coverage. Unless I'm going for a completely flawless finish, I don't need concealer on top of this. I don't have any major concealing to do anyway so that might not be saying much, but still. This doesn't do anything to help smooth pores or lines so I suggest using it with a primer if those are things you want to conceal.

I love the water proof formula that truly doesn't budge or transfer. I've tried this with a few brushes and a beauty blender. I prefer a brush and have equal success with stippling and buffing brushes. I use a large pea size for my whole face and after a whole winter of use, it's still going strong. I apply this on top of primer, I do not powder to set nor touch up or blot during the day. When I get home 11 hours later there is no separation even in my oiliest zones, a slight shine and minimal settling. Knowing that I go about my day without having to check my face or touching up is worth a lot to me.

The price is definitely high end and the packaging isn't glam, but this is the best liquid foundation I've ever used. It has great coverage, is light weight and wears fantastically. As much as it stands up to the oil in my t-zone is doesn't accentuate any of the dryness on my cheeks or settle into fine lines. I have dozens of foundations and this is one of the few that I would not only repurchase hypothetically but will definitely not be without.

on 5/21/2015 5:48:00 PM

I have a acne-prone skin.My t-zone is oily.
I like a matte finish on my face but i also want my foundation to look not too fake and this foundation really worked for me.First i applied the product with sephora's must- have foundation but it seemed very cakey then i applied it with real techniques expert face brush and it looked so much more natural on me.My advice is to you you should apply this with sth like expert face brush or you may use fingers too.
note.You should use definitely a primer if you want it to look and stay better.

on 5/8/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, I got the wrong shade for this and it makes my face a little orange-y. Not sure if the shade I got was really on the orange side or the shades turn orange-y once applied, though.

Taking the colour out of the equation, I really did like this stuff. It feels like second skin and it didn't break me out or give me closed comedones. It's dries matte, but not the serious, obvious kind. If you have good skin to begin with and put a little of this, it will probably look like you have no foundation on. It is light and easy to apply, great if you don't have a lot of blemishes to conceal. It can still cover light blemishes, though. I don't think this stays put for a long time. This will probably be gone by the sixth or seventh hour.

If my skin gets clearer, I'll probably buy this stuff again and make sure I get the ride shade for my skin. This is the foundation I can wear to the beach and not look like I have tons of makeup on.

on 5/2/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This starts off quite well and then very quickly becomes a not mess! I've tried it twice and each time I can't wait to take it off because it looked and felt so oily. It's also too cakey. Going in the bin..

on 4/29/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Truly the only foundation Iíve experienced that matches my skintone. Iíve tried so so so many others and they look almost right but then when Iím out in sunlight, they show up orange or 3 shades too dark. This is perfect. I use the light shade í15í and it matches my skin well. The best thing about it is that itís good pretty good coverage. I would say itís more full than medium, but not so much that you canít thin it out. I like to apply with a damp sponge. The best thing to do prior to applying is to exfoliate gently, moisturize, and prime! If you donít, the end result will be flaky and a patchy. Apply a tiny bit at a time and build from there. It will turn out better than slapping on a lot at once, which ensures that you donít end up looking like a mime (pale girls, listen!) Thtaís the only problem with this shade - if you put it on a little heavier, it can look very pasty and unnatural, so definitely add on a little at a time and moisturize so you get a more natural finish.