November 23, 2014 | 1609 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by beautylover105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did not like this product! it broke me out :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Kimmacious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do love this stuff. It's clear it's high quality stuff. It's very pigmented and definitely full-coverage; if you're looking for a light foundation this is NOT the one for you. Because it is so very pigmented, it doesn't take much to get the job done which means the bottle should last a decent amount of time (though not long enough to justify the price if you're using it daily, in my opinion). I recommend stippling it on because that's what has worked best for me and I tend to use less of it with this method.

As long as you use a good setting powder this won't oxidize and turn orange on the skin, and it won't reflect light in photos. It's best for oily skin, though I think as long as someone with dry skin uses a good moisturizer, this stuff would be fine for them as well.

Cons:

It is OIL-BASED and that makes it difficult to remove. I use a wash cloth and a little bit of organic extra virgin olive oil to make sure I get rid of all of it. Face-wash on your fingers probably won't do the trick and this will clog your pores and cause breakouts if you leave it on too long.

Make Up For Ever is EXPENSIVE and the only reason I buy this foundation is because I wear a full face of make up so very rarely these days (mostly just for special occasions and photo shoots). Due to the price I would NOT recommend this as a daily foundation unless you have the expendable income.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by carachristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation, absolutely no doubt about it. If I'm having a bad skin day, a good skin day or in between I'm always happy with the way this looks after I'm done applying my makeup. It always covers up my blemishes, and makes my skin look good without looking cakey. It does keep me relatively mat, but I do use the Becca mattifying primer with it to help keep it in place since I'm so oily. The best part about this foundation is that it doesn't break my out! Thank goodness for this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

My HG of foundations. It's by far the best I ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by kermyth

The best foundation so far! The coverage never fails me throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A good foundation, overall. I bought this because of the wide shade range - this is one of the VERY few foundations which is light enough for very fair people, and also I'd heard great things about the coverage. I love high coverage foundations and prefer matte also, so it was an easy decision to buy this. I will say, it definitely does tick all those boxes.

The lightest shade is by far the lightest foundation I've ever come across, though it has a pink undertone and I'm not fond of pink undertones, it's a really good match for me. It's lighter than Missha's perfect cover no.13, which I also have, and that'd be a good almost dupe for someone looking for very fair colours with a bit of coverage. It definitely has full coverage. It's not overly thick, but even a small amount will cover every imperfection and make you look like a doll. This foundation can pretty much double up as concealer.

My only problem with it is that it can easily cake on dry skin. If you're oily skinned then just ignore this last paragraph, but if you have normal-dry skin it can be a bit difficult to work with. You'll need to moisturise well, prime, then use a beauty blender, or just gently pat it on with finger tips or it WILL cake and accentuate dryness. I may repurchase this in the future for special events, but not right away as it's pretty expensive in Aus.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

I bought this from sephora for $42 CAD, which I think is a pretty reasonable price for a bottle of foundation. I've only had it for a few weeks but I can already tell it's going to be a favourite. The coverage is great and the lasting power is wonderful. The one thing I've noticed is that it can cling slightly to dry patches so I typically moisturize with argan oil about 10 minutes before makeup application, and then prime with my porefessional by benefit. The foundation lasts a full 8 hour retail shift and still looks like I first applied it. I also adore the packaging. I can throw this into my travel makeup bag and not worry about the bottle breaking. It's great so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lee2an

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to LOVE this foundation when I was in my 20's. I have combination skin, oily in T-zone. This foundation was able to keep my face matte and it stayed long during all those late night partying I used to have. I'm now in my 30's, maybe it's cuz the change in my skin or the color that I got.. It now goes on my skin pale, dry and flaky. It is good if you have oily/combination skin, but not for drier skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by yeahitsparisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally use makeup forever the regular HD foundation. I did not like this makeup at all. I don't swear much to begin with but with it being waterproof I was happy. It melts right off, when you touch your face it goes everywhere. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I had been reading reviews and watching reviews on this product for literally a month before buying it. And I finally bought it yesterday! It makes my skin perfect looking. It also has kept me dry, because I have combination skin, so I love that. I do not like the packaging; I would prefer a pump and it oxidized on me (in my opinion) my sister said it didn't but I think it did. They didn't have my perfect match, I'm in the middle of 30 and 35 but overall I really love it!