October 22, 2014 | 1238 users online

Crème - Shiseido - Hydro-Liquid Compact

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I did review on this yesterday and now I review again! I want to say this is so bad! My husband, watched my face, said: there is powder falling off on your face! Shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by MissD79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple in my makeup bag. A little goes a long way so don't use a lot. You can use the sponge that comes with it but make sure you wash it after each side is used. I use their foundation brush and it has a nice dewy finish. My skin is oily so a finish powder is necessary if u get oily. Coverage is great!!
I saw some reviews saying they had problems with clumpy results but it's all in how much you apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Cai21st

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using YSL teint majeur foundation which is perfect for my very dry and combination skin which is also ultra sensitive. Now I absolutely love the feel of my YSL but the lasting power and the colour match are not he best so I thought I would begin my research for that perfect foundation yet again.
I am very disappointed with this shisiedo foundation. The price isn't a factor here.
Cons: 1 zero lasting power, the worst I hav ever come across. I am quite dry normally and it gets shiny after two hours of wear. The foundation practically disappears after 5 to 6 hours and yes I always use a powder to set my foundations.
2. My face feels itchy with it on.
Pros: great colour match for Asian skin tones

Definitely will be returning it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've used in quite some time. A little goes a long way. It's creamy, moisturizing and medium coverage. Doesn't leave me looking cakey or dry and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by yellowkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

For 12 g of product it is expensive but this works for my skin and is travel friendly. I have combo skin and asian skin tone so I find it difficult to find matching shades. I have this in 020. I wanted a compact foundation that wouldn't spill in my bag. I apply this with the Shiseido foundation stipple soft brush and the finish on me is matte and not flaky dry. This evens out my skin tone, redness, under eye, decreases nose shine and sun spots. So far I love it. I wish it came in a smaller mirrored compact with a tight sealed lid to prevent drying out. I do use a light facial moisturizer under this, not a primer, and it lasts 8 hrs on me. Bonus, it has SPF 15 and photographs well on my face. The color shade stayed the same on me and didn't oxidize. Cetaphil removes it all off at the end of the day easily. For reference I have used Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE concealer 06, Shiseido Concealer 02 Light Medium, NC20 to 25.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Cakey, clumpy application. Couldn't get it to look smooth. Low coverage and doesn't hold up to a hot day. I was a greasy mess midday, and I looked like I had no foundation on at all.

I did not wear it long enough to check for breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by cate1858

I just starting using this about a week ago and I really like it! I have been using the extra virgin minerals liquid foundation from the body shop for a while and was getting tired of having to apply it with my hands. The Shiseido compact is really moisturizing and applies onto the skin so well! I also really like that the make-up has a yellow undertone to it because my face is naturally pink and the yellow helps tone that down. I also have sensitive, dry skin and this helps moisturize without causing any breakouts. All in all a great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I think because of the method of application this shows up every flaw!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by acjersey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really like this foundation! My Chanel Teint Innocence compact foundation was discontinued, so I have been on the search and finally found this. I have VERY oily skin. Cream compact foundations that you apply with a sponge are my favorite and have always worked best for me.

I see that some women on here are complaining that this foundation looks "cakey" or that they are running out too quickly. Ladies, if that is happening, you are using too much! I have had this compact for two months now and have barely made a dent in it. The coverage is great and you only need apply the very thinnest layer on your skin. I lightly dab the sponge in the foundation and spread/stipple a super-thin layer on my face. I do not need a primer with this foundation, because it evens me out and now my blush goes on perfectly smooth and lasts ALL DAY. That never used to happen with my other foundations. I can't believe that when I check my blush hours later, it is still there! Very happy now!
Please note, this foundation is NOT a matte finish; it is a "Natural" finish and slightly "dewey." The less you use, the better it looks and performs. I wish it came in a matte finish, considering how very oily my skin is - but when appiled with a light hand, even ladies with oily skin can wear this. Also, since I am oily, I was scared to try a "hydro-liquid" formula, but again, apply very sparingly and you'll be okay. I really like my smooth, even skin now! Plus this does not break me out - in fact, my skin looks better! If Shiseido will make this in a matte finish, I will definitely buy it. If it was matte, I would have given it five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Senggi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation i've ever get!! it's matte, good covering and easy to applied.. it's easy to blend too.. and after few hours it's become more glowing and smoother on your skin.. i never find such a good foundation like this.. it's a solid and very creamy foundation.. usually, foundation like this is not suit for me.. but this one is suit for my oily skin.. it's just left lil bit oil on my skin but isn't look gross and mess at all.. even my skin look more glowing and luminize.. good for normal/dry skin.. unfortunately, the price for this foundation was soooo expensive.. but this is quite valuable though expensive..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No