August 22, 2014 | 1184 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little shocked that this product isn't rated higher. I've used all sorts of skin care products, both high- and low-end, and the PSLRC is definitely the one single item I can't live without. As a matter of fact, it's the only item I can remember buying more than once. I think I'm on my 4th bottle now.

This serum makes my skin smooth and glowing. In the summer, I can use it on its own without moisturizer...in the winter, I need more so I always top it with a cream. Regardless, my makeup goes on perfectly over this concentrate and my skin is incredibly clear. I've strayed a few times to other serums (Ole Henriksen was the latest) because I assumed it was just the Vitamin C that was helping me so much, but none do what Kiehl's can do.

I don't have many lines, so I can't really speak to how this works for lines and wrinkles. I will say that when I use it lightly under my eyes, the crepiness starts to fade. But the big difference I see is the incredible clarity my skin has when I'm using it.

This serum is a little hard to apply, as it's thick and doesn't have a lot of silicones to give it the "slip" that most creams and serums have. I've found the best way to apply it is immediately after I tone while my skin is still slightly damp. I also warm the product with my fingers before patting it onto my cheeks and forehead. Once I've distributed it to all areas of my face, I go ahead and rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with Kiehl's current range of skincare. I was a bit underwhelmed with their BB cream and am not sure if I'll give their blur cream a go but I have to say that Kiehl's skincare has done nothing but good for my skin. I really do notice a difference to texture and appearance should I ever stray from my tried and tested Kiehl's regime.

Anyway. That's by the by. I was given a sample for Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate with a mail order which is how I started using the product. Lines haven't been a big issue for me yet but I have had issues with the texture and general appearance of my skin.

Since using the concentrate once a day (at night), I've noticed that my skin does feel smoother and best of all, I got stopped at the airport when customs was checking my age and how I looked compared to my dodgy passport photo. Apparently I look better in real life and much younger than my years. Thank you, Kiehl's!!!!!! Love your work.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by babycat1973

Hmmmmm. This is a tough one to review, so it's probably best to break it down.

Pros:

It has a lovely warming sensation when you apply it, although be careful if you have any dry skin, as it can sting!

A little goes a long way.

It appears to prevent breakouts on my skin (I'm prone to the odd spot and blackheads. Urgh).

Cons:

Although it leaves my skin with a lovely Matt finish, this is soon lost when moisturiser is applied.

It doesn't reduce lines in the slightest.

It can sting if you use it straight after exfoliating.

Conclusion:

It's okay. I'd buy it again for the lack of breakouts. Other than that, it's just another product that doesn't do what it claims to. It's a bit disappointing really.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample when I purchased my Clarisonic. I used it under my eyes since that's the only area of opportunity I have with wrinkles right now and I was not impressed by this product. It wasn't anything special to me; there were no signs of changes. I definitely would not buy this product since it didn't "wow" me and it also stung when a little bit of the product was placed near my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by coursey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given samples of this to try. I tried this mainly around my forehead areas where I have some old acne scars. It really didn't make my skin significantly better or felt worse. the product does not easily absorb into the skin but thankfully did not make my skin feel oily in the morning. it takes a little while for you to have to pat it onto your skin. you have to use this at night because it leaves your skin texture feel a bit tacky.
I'll finish using this since it has vitamin c in it. I'm still loyal to my estee lauder ANR serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by koko35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to make my own Vitamin C serum, from L-ascorbic powder, distilled water, and glycerin, making 20% Vitamin C serum. I used my DIY serum for one year, and thought I was getting subtle results....until I tried this. This serum is amazing, and in the three weeks that I have been using this, I got more profound results than my own DIY serum. I have a friend that works at Kiehls, so I bought this serum to help her out, and also I wanted to compare the effects of my DIY serum with a cosmetic version. My results with Kiehls Vitamin C have been fantastic. My fine lines have drastically improved, and my melasma is fading (still there, but has definitely faded). I thought I was being smart making my own, but I now realize that it did not have the effects this Kiehls Vitamin C has. I hate that I have to spend so much money, but I would rather spend money on something that works, than continuing with my DIY that had little effect. I am not sure why my DIY did not work as others have had great results. I might buy Litmus paper (pH strips) and check the pH, which might not be within the right pH to be absorved. This Kiehls with 10.5% Vitamin C, is a wonderful product and really worked for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

This product seems to work to make my (normally acne prone and combo) skin glowy and smooth. After a month it also seems to have lightened my scars. I have had success with L-ascorbic acid before (an ultraceuticals product which costs twice as much) so that ingredient is the key. I believe this contains lots of silicone which I am afraid of breaking me out but I seem to be ok after a months use.
It does have the warming effect which means to me that theres a good amount of the vit c. Packaging is sensible in a pump bottle which I really like. Right now I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pr0nplayground

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one was something I stumbled upon out of boredom. You know those times, when youíre sick of your normal moisturizer even though itís doing just fine? I guess as normal human beings, weíre always on the lookout for something better. And since Iím the best customer ever, I got sales talked into buying this serum. And I REGRET NOTHING!

I love this product. I am currently on my second bottle. I do believe that I feel and look much more vibrant after using this, in fact, it has helped me to make peace with my bare naked face. My skin is more radiant, even, supple and just generally at its best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was a total fail for me...one of the most useless skincare products I've ever purchased. It is thick and grainy in texture, hard to spread over the face, and did absolutely nothing for my skin. I went thru 2 bottles hoping for even a slight result and was very disappointed. Patting it into the skin was the best application method I found...attempting to rub it in requires a lot of tugging because it has very little slip. It didn't improve wrinkles or fine lines, I saw no improvement in radiance or texture...it was a total pain in the butt and I actually came to dread using it. The only good part is the packaging. The pump is sanitary and the Amber bottle prevents light from breaking down any active ingredients. I had high hopes for this because I love Kiehls, but this was not a win for me. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Irenemanalu

This product really got me down! I bought this 5 months ago n been use for 3 months n my nightmater was up my skin is break out,pimples is everywhere at first i didnt belive if this product fails on my skin but since i stop to use it.my skin is going better day by day.i dunno but i think this product cud b a HG for someone but viceversa it cud be a VERYNIGHTMARE for someone too.