October 24, 2014 | 1629 users online

Fragrances - Hard Candy - Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by LoriLula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just love this scent! So sweet and yet with a hint of spice. I just saw what people are asking for it on ebay and it made me wish that I DIDN'T like it so much because I'd SELL it lol! Shame it's DC, it's a fun, girly kind of fragrance that is a great pick me up :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfume that Pink Sugar wishes it could be. I covet what little of this I have left. :( Sweetness and light with a punch of black licorice. I always get compliments when I wear this. I wear it mainly on cold winter days. It's a comforting scent. Wish it wasn't discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I am in love with this. Just scored this as TJ MAXX for 12.99 and it is delightful. The packaging is beautiful so colorful and the bottle itsself is so prettty. The notes are peppercorn, rose, white tea vanilla caramel , rose. jasmine , cedar, rhubarb, musk passion fruit juice, a whole variety of sweet and spice. The reviews havent been all that great and I am am surprised. I get a littlle pink sugar sensation which I love but also a nice clean dry down. I could kick myself for not picking up more than one at this price I am sure its gone. This is just a yummy feel good fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a delightfully simple but pretty fragrance. I got a sample and liked it enough to purchase it in a set. However, after testing the sample a few more times while I waited for the set to arrive, I was plagued with the feeling I had a similar scent already. And then it came to me. Hard Candy Liquid smells like a sweeter and less earthy Lolita Lempicka.

Unfortunately, by the time this arrived, I decided that since I already have both the original and Midnight versions of LL, I didn't need another similar fragrance. So I've since put the set with perfume and matching lotion up for bid on Ebay in the hopes that someone who's been looking for it can enjoy what I likely won't use. It is not an exact duplicate of LL, but if you want something a bit sweeter and not quite as heavy/earthy as LL, you can't go wrong with Liquid. The staying power is actually quite decent for an EDT, too.

I wanted to address a review below that stated:
"FYI 2/8/2008: I have contacted Hard Candy directly and was told that any sale of this product on ebay or by any other seller is unauthorized and a fake.
is suppose to smell like. Beware MUAR's it's not the first time I got duped by ebay."

Of course fragrance and cosmetics companies don't want you selling their product on Ebay because they don't get the profit from the sale. Hence the huge suit leveled against fragrance decanters who used to have Ebay stores just for such things. That's just basic business sense. However, the product won't be enjoyed sitting on a shelf in my closet, so I feel HC or any other company would be happier with a potential repeat customer than for their product to go to waste, even if they don't make money off personal sales. My bottle was absolutely perfect, the fragrance has not turned at all, and I was very pleased with getting what I paid for. ;) There are many scams on Ebay, but lucky for me, my Hard Candy Liquid set was not one of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by win24

I love this! I also get many compliments when I wear it. I don't understand the bad reviews for this. To me, it smells a bit spicy, not sweet. I guess it just doesn't smell right on some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Found this at Marshall's for $15 years ago and loved it!! it is sweet and candy like, it would just make me feel so good. I used it for a couple of years and threw it out after a while b/c i think it was starting to turn. Didn't have the same sweet smell, kind of funky. Bottle is simple but the ring on the cap was cute, Too bad they don't make it anymore, and apparently people want mucho bucks for it now. The new perfume is similar so it is all good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by april4

this is such a great perfume. i got this 1.7 fl oz at sale at marshalls too. it's really fun scent without being too fruity and sweet. it came with a fun ring too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find Liquid to be far too cloying for my taste. I'm normally a fan of fruity scents, but this is just so sweet that it's hard to pick out any of the notes. To me it smells like a random drug store body splash marketed toward young teens. I'm not a huge fan of Hard Candy's new self-titled fragrance, but it's definitely an improvement over this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by m_cena7

smells sick!it was a waste of money!!!!yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

All I can say is YUCK! This stuff is terrible! I bought it unsniffed from ebay and totally wish I hadn't. The MUAR's let me down on this one. It smells cheap and waaaay too "perfumey" like those cheap drug store brands that no one's even heard of but you smell and wince...yuck! I smell no licorice, no pear, nothing nope nada any kind of sweetness. It actually made me nauseous and my throat kept getting scratchy I had to keep clearing it. Just to be fair I tried it again on different days and got the same reaction....YUCK! I just hope I can work something out w/the seller at ebay b/c this was a very expensive waste.
FYI 2/8/2008: I have contacted Hard Candy directly and was told that any sale of this product on ebay or by any other seller is unauthorized and a fake. I'm so glad I did my homework. The rep told me that I was right in not liking the fragrance from my description she said it doesn't smell like what Liquid is suppose to smell like. Beware MUAR's it's not the first time I got duped by ebay.