October 21, 2014 | 887 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Nail Bright Anti-Yellowing Whitening Base Coat

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Braethan

I am almost finished my bottle and I'm so bummed that I can't get another. This stuff was amazing. I used it as a polish on its own and it was gorgeous! I've got to try and find something similar

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by taylorlizette

I am so disappointed that this was discontinued. It was so good. My nails were yucko because I was lazy and didn't put a base on before Napoleon Perdis Voodoo (Dark burgundy-plum, pretty much black). I cut my nails super short and buffed the life out of them but the stains were still there. I was so happy when I stumbled on this in the bargain bin at Kmart. It does a great job at neutralising the yellow so that you can grow the stains out (just to be clear, whitening nail polishes don't actually remove the stain).

For those of you looking for a replacement, Inglot has a whitener. Just as good in my opinion. The finish might have a bit more shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by janedaly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product- I use it for a natural sheer colour, one coat, dries almost instantly, you can put it on, do your make up and run out the door. Perfect instant sheer manicure! I use Essie, OPI etc and this is the one I go back to. No yellow staining, actually does "whiten" the nails, has a slight ridge filling effect as well so it smoothes nails. Very good staying power, at least 5 days without chips or peeling. I give this to girlfriends, it is amazing, and at under 5$- wow!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by strangerwithcandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I bought it on a whim and I swear I love it more than my Seche Vite, OPI, Nicole or all the other base coats I've used. It makes my nails smooth as glass and never bubbles or streaks no matter what. I may try it as a top coat too as the other reviewer recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by azn_babay_kat

Love this product! No it does not *change* the colour of your nails, but it will make them look much brighter and whiter. It gives your nails that acrylic nails look without the acrylic. I love this for a french manicure. I do the white tips with another white Rimmel polish, and then I put this on top. VOILA, instant professional looking manicure!

This nail polish dries fast and wears well if you use a top coat on top. Wonderful!

EDITED TO ADD: This has been discontined, what a shame! The closest thing I have found to it is Lippman's Paler Shade of White, which is like, 8x the price of this. Sad sad sad day for me. continued >>