August 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Of a Man eau de toilette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the scent - one of my top two favorite colognes. I think it was discontinued. That might have something to do with The Body Shop phasing out phthalates and musks from their fragrances. Good for them, and I wouldn't buy it again if it had those things, but I do miss this scent! Along with the Hair & Body Wash (which gets a 0 from goodguide.com - yikes!), this was hubby's staple for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by archgirl06

Every year or so for Father's Day or birthdays my dad gets some bath & body or fragrance product. This year my mother commented that he could use some cologne since my younger brother had stolen the EDTs from the old Bath and Body Works mens collection.

Anyway, I brought home some of the sniff strips so they could smell what they liked and this was their choice. It's a very likeable scent. It actually borders on unisex and reminds of the Gaultier II scent. It has a slightly citrusy top note and after awhile it mellows down to a really nice scent with just a touch of musk.

My mother and I both really like, and my dad thinks it's nice too (but what does he know!).

Price is $28 (I have a Love Your Body card so it comes out to $25 for me) for a nice size fairly pretty bottle (kind of frosted glass, green, heavy, with a metal top). I doubt he'll ever use it up but I'd repurchase, definitely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first bought this for my husband years ago when we were dating, and he's been wearing it ever since. We're both sensitive to fragrances (they can irritate our skin and our noses), but this doesn't bother our sensitivities (though if my husband applies too much it does cause me to sneeze). According to The Body Shop's web site, the notes of this cologne are bergamot, lemon, fig leaves, cedarwood, amber, teak, geranium, coriander, marine, and tarragon. It is a fresh, green fragrance, and he doesn't walk around smelling like every other guy out there (some men's fragrances remind me of guys I knew in high school, and I want my husband to smell as unique as he is to me). Of a Man is also resonably priced. It costs $22 for a big 3.33 oz. bottle. I've repurchased this for my husband several times (most recently as a Christmas gift) and will continue to repurchase.