September 3, 2014 | 1466 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Moist Lip Wear - 301B - Cafe

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Terbear16862

I like the base color-sort of a pink nude. The color looks very nice with my skin tone. However it is quite frosty, so if I put too much on I look straight out of the 80's! I put on one or two light coats, and then cover with a gloss to try and tone down the frost. This would be the perfect color for me if it wasn't frosty.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so this lipstick has been hiding in my makeup storage and I decided to get this out and give it another try. I am pleasantly surprised with how it looks on me! The packaging is cheap and the price is crazy cheap (.99 cents!) but it definitely is more of a nude color. It's also super frosty. I like this and I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up one at walmart last night for fun since the color looks nice in the tube and the price is really low, less than one buck i believe. I tested it out immediately when i got home. i have fairly pigmented lips and my natural lip color is redish pink. this lipstick shows a bit pale on my lips and shimmering. it's a nude shade. i am ok with the color since it's dirt cheap and the quality is satisfying for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mandypandee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to try some neutral shades of lipstick, and i saw some reviews about how this color was really neutral and pretty looking, so i decided to try it, since it was only $.97. uhhh hmm... maybe it's because i have naturally red lips or what, but it looked basically like i had just put some clear gloss on my lips : / there was almost no color to it. i was preeeetty disappointed because i was excited to see how it'd look, but i can't say i wasn't really surprised because NYC is a pretty cheap, low quality brand. so, it was worth trying because it was so cheap, but i might have well just used some of my clear lip gloss.
pros: smells good and its super soft
another con: you can't make the lipstick go down it the tube like other lipsticks, so every time you put the lid on or take the lid off, its really easy to accidentally band it against the lipstick or even cut the whole thing off ( guilty, i've done it once..)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great nude shimmer! This is very comparable to Revlon's Champange on Ice, and L'Oreal's Carmel Latte, which I was shelling out almost $10 for a tube. I'll take the knock-off for .99! This is also long lasting and not overly greasy, which I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great nude lipstick--if it wasn't so frosty-shimmery. I was expecting a nude; this is a nude frost. It'll work as a base color. Long-wearing, easy to find, and cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by katyeridao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love my liquid lipshine in Nude York City, so i was looking for a good nude lipstick to have under it, also from NYC.

i got mine for $0.99 at CVS (i love this brands prices!). this lipstick has a weird, plasticky fruity smell that i hate. it stays for a while too, but it goes away eventually. cafe is a pretty color that looks great under Nude York City, but by itself it is waaaaaayyyy too frosty. in direct light, my lips looked white!

i would buy this again if i had to - it's really cheap and decent when under the right lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a lipstick to boost my spirits up. During my lunch hour I was roaming the makeup aisle in Walmart and came across this lipstick. For .93 how could I go wrong? I picked this Cafe color and Petal (I think--the printing is so )&*(&# ing small) and figured--what the heck.
Before I go any further though, I have to vent about a little thing that drives me nuts. You cannot open the lipstick to really get a feel of what it looks like. I know--I know it is more sanitary that way, but it would be awesome if a tester was put into place so I could have at least seen what the color REALLY looked like.
Anyway, I like this. With some shiney lipbalm applied over it, the lipstick looks pretty nice. I will give props to NY Color for actually making a dirt-cheap lipstick that lasts on my mouth longer than the high-end lipstick I've been known to use. (yes, my Benefit Jing-A-Ling comes off within minutes and so does my beloved YSL. Go figure).
The only complaint I have with this color is that it is just a tad too pearlized. Although I don't mind slightly pearlized, this just seems a bit more that I prefer, but that is just me.
I would purchase this color again. Just as an aside, the Petal was just too pale. I'll keep it though 'cause it may come in handy applied over a color that is too dark.
All in all, this is a winner by NY Color!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NYC is a great quality brand for those of you who, like me sometimes find yourself wanting to try different shades of lipstick but don't know how they might look on you (good or bad) and so don't wanna pay a lot to find out...

I got this gorgeous color for 99 cents! Ahhh.

This shade of color was an unfamilar territory for me, as I go more for the "light/nude pinks" and never really tried anything else... I wanted to see how this would look on me and I didn't worry about if it didn't fit me cause.. I mean it's only a 1. Buttt it turned out fabulous!!!!! I really reeeeally like this color, I dunno why I didn't invest in other options sooner... Especially when good companies like this offer you with great quality lipsticks at such a low affordable price, thanks N.Y.C.

Now I wanna try out the reds....Ooooh.... Yes I know reds don't work for everyone, last time I tried a red I looked like a cheap hooker but hey I mighta just got a cheap shade of red last time... But since these are such good quality I wanna try out reds in this brand...

Will see how it all turns out=]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great nude color that I can't wait to try with some stronger eye looks. It's not too pink, not too orange, not too beige...it's juuuuuuuuust right. It doesn't make my very pigmented lips skin-toned, but it does tone them down quite a bit and has a high amount of beige pearl.

It brings out the ruddiness in my skin and the orange in my freckles, so I find it is necessary to use a full-coverage foundation with this color.