November 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Skincare - Body - AKAMUTI BODY BUTTERS

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Akamuti organic petroleum free jelly. I've been trying a few products from Akamuti lately and it's a hit and miss for most of the stuff I've tried.
Plus points;
I like their ethics and the fact that they use minimal ingredients and not a lot of essential oils.
They have 'unscented' products without any essential oils which is very important for me.
Ordering process is simple, their packages arrive quick.
Their presentation of the products is generally very nice.
Minus points;
A lot of what they do is too heavy to be used by ppl with combo or even normal skin types. I find their formulations thick and very limited in their usage.
Although they're not expensive as such I find that Akoma sells better quality oils for cheaper prices. With Akamuti you get better looking jars and bottles which is cute and all but for me that matters less than the quality and the usage of the product.

Although what I've written above is more of a general comment on Akamuti, this particular product, petroleum free jelly is no different. Too thick, too greasy, too limited in its usage. I couldn't even use it on my legs as it takes a long time to be absorbed and always leaves a residue. I tried it on my face and although I didn't have an allergic reaction to it, it was way too greasy and uncomfortable for me even though in winter I have all over dryness. It smells very shea buttery which I don't like a lot but it's not an unusual smell for a natural, organic type of product like this one. It's in a glass jar, cute packaging, good price, arrived within a few days of ordering but due to all the minus points I wouldn't buy it again. As it's really thick and you only need a tiny amount it's crazy economical. I'm trying to get to the bottom of the jar by using it as a night-time-hand-cream! Maybe by next year, it finishes!
Ingredients; organic macadamia oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic beeswax, wild crafted virgin shea butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by zainab19

i have tried the mango tree butter which i expected to smell very exotic and nice but instead smelt very plain and like paint. mouisterised okay its quite a waxy texture leaves skin quite greasy i dont feel like it was a miracle product but not a bad purchase if you just want something quick and dont mind about smell.

i have recently also purchased the cocoa butter have a love/hate releationship with the smell everyone i ask to smell it goes URGH! n turns there face away its quite a strong smell not my ideal smell but its very mouistising makes skin nice leaves skin a bit greasy if you melt it aka in the sauna but i think most body butters are like that. I found this is the first body butter thats actually made my skin better and mouisterised it properly instead of just leaving a sheen

. another good thing is if you tend to use large amounts of cream or lotion and have none left, because this is hardened you cant just grab clumps of it but if you rub it against your skin it melts and gives you just the right amount so i can imagine it lasting a very long time so thats a big bonus and money saver as it actually makes my skin nicer and i wear just the right amount. but i like to try diffirent products and get bored so i tend not to buy the same products again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to recommended this brand to every body
All they sell is a PURE OILS, BUTTERS, AFRICAN SOAP, ALL ORGANIC AND 100% PURE
IS THE BEST I FIND 2 YEARS AGO...
SPEACIALY THE COCOA BUTTER OR COLD PRECCED OIL ARE GREAT FOR FACE SKIN AND HAIR
I put in on my hair before i go sleep and in the morning when i wash my hair is absolutely soft and hydrated... And THE SMELL...OH MY GOD. Is really gorgeous

I really recommended everybody to try them products