October 24, 2014 | 1004 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - 10

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Sarahcelik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this, very very practical...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference, I'm pretty fair and have acne prone, combination skin. This powder didn't break me out. I love this boxed powder. It works well to contour and sculpt cheeks, but quickly! I first purchased this back in 2006/2007. I used it as prescribed with the included brush, sweeping it across my cheeks with the highlighter on top, bronzer on the bottom. And yes, it's a good idea to just tap off the excess. The shimmer didn't bother me as I felt it really gave me a nice glow, plus I got compliments often (always a plus!) It's really great too during the summer if you have a bit of color and want a low maintenance look. Use TM, a sweep of powder, 10 on the cheeks, the highlighter of 10 on your eyes, and mascara. BAM, you're done, polished and fresh looking! The only reason I never repurchased this was the price, I could use highbeam or a highbeam dupe (like e.l.f.'s lilac petal) with a bronzer and get a similar look, just taking a tad bit more time and the products would last me longer than this boxed powder. There are many dupes and wannabes for Benefit 10, but none come close because of the highlighter in particular. To me, 10's highlighter is like a powder version of highbeam! LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's important to know the review is by. UK senior pro veteran of 20 plus years. No, no definitely one of the worse benefit products I have tried, Pro artist hate shimmer bronzers. They are, a bone of contention amongst senior pros.

bronzers, when used correctly, mimic where the sun hits the face naturally, and must look natural, the sun has no nasty shimmer. I never purchased it, It was given by a student for me to test. Benefit would have had a real winner here, if they had coordinated the high light pink with hoola, which I really like, strangely the pink,has less shimmer than the bronze, I think the intention of this product was, maybe, a dual hi lighter.
shimmer bronzers, pick up fine lines, open pores, they are useless, for any skin imperfections, or fine lines, and don't get me started on HD use, yet there is an abundance of them,in comparison to matte
Also the pigmentation is not the usual benefit quality. Users with medium to dark skin, would be far better to invest in a another product. I'm informed it is now being discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Bought this on a weird whim and am liking it a lot more than I thought I would! Like several other Benefit products, this works well for me in a way that makes me sure it's not at all for everyone. I have very fair skin (MAC NW10) and I can get quite a subtle look with 10, which makes me wonder if it's pigmented enough for most skintones. That said, I do find it quite effective. The shade of bronzer avoids orange and red tones, so even with the slight shimmer, it's truly a good contour colour rather than looking like a blush or fake-tan product. The highlighter is subtle, so that I can build the look a bit without going full-on 80s frost. I'm enjoying having this alternative to my usual rosy-cheeked blush look.

The packaging works fine - I actually use the included brush, which I haven't for any other Benefit blush or bronzer. But in this case, it's soft enough to use, and it's handy to have a brush that fits the box perfectly so I can use both shades at once (then BLEND) without having to fight my way around to pick up one shade, then the other. It would be much better if they were packaged more like a palette, so that I could use whatever brush I like more easily. It's the usual Benefit gimmickiness, but in this case it's working out fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by atlanticise

I finally got my hands on this product and it's terrible. I can't believe I didn't even bother trying it out first, but I saw a salesperson try it on my friend's face and she really did have instant cheekbones.

In my case however, it doesn't show up at all no matter how much product I try to pile on. My skin isn't all that dark, about NC25, and I can't see anything show up on my skin at all. Adding to that, the powder smells grossly sweet and makes me sneeze. The packaging is supremely ugly, is that a photo of some orange person's tummy from Jersey Shore?!

I'll use it just for the sake of using it but I'm never getting it again. Best try the product on yourself first before buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lilahtov1

I just recently repurchased this product. When I first got it, I didn't really use blush, and when I started out it was with bronzer. Bronzer ended up doing more harm than good because of my very fair skin, so I looked for something that could give me a warm glow without any sign of an Oompa Loompa. This is it! I can easily contour my cheeks without paying much attention to which side I'm brushing in. It also works nicely as a shimmer for your décolletage and a highlighter for your brow bone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by alsturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this product. I use the darker shade for bronzing and contouring, the lighter shade for highlighting the tops of my cheeks and my nose, and both to add a bit of colour all over my face.
You get a brush included which doesn't shed at all. This product has lasted me about 2 years and I'm not even finished with it yet. Would defiantly buy again.
Cons: The price. Agh Benefit, why are you trying to make me poor??

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MindRtist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I've had it for a long time, wear it often, and still have quite a bit left. The brush they give you makes it easy to brush both colors on at the same time. I will say this though... make sure you tap the excess off the brush and blow a bit on the darker color until you get the hang of it. Sometimes I use just the highlighter powder by itself as well. I like to use this brush from

I've never been a fan of Benefit's packaging for powder products, but that's just the way it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

This product is great for highlighting/contouring in a snap. I don't use it much anymore, but all of last summer I used this + my Tarte amazonian clay blush (in Tipsy) and it gave me the prettiest glow to my face. It lasts decently well and it's a good quality product- you get what you pay for. The brush it comes with is great too- I use it to apply the product then use a blush brush to blend it out. It's also really hard to run out of this- I bought this about a year ago and I still have tons of product left. It is quite expensive; I would not purchase it again solely because of the price. Everything else is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sassylass11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! I find Benefit a bit gimmicky with the packaging and names but i would repurchase this in a heartbeat- although i've had it for 2 years and wear it at least three times a week and have loads left. I have olive skin but this still shows up and compliments my skin tone all year round. although its shimmery its not in your face but fairly suble-ish. Loads of product, doesn't smell goes on great-what's not too love? The brush is good and i use it straight from the box although i should probably blend it more so maybe use a full sized blusher brush. Lots of people complain about the benefit box packaging, but i don;t find it an issue as it has an actual lid you can fully take off as opposed to one thats still attached to the box whcih is harded to open. I read that this was one of benefits unpopular/un raved product but this surprises me. It is expensive but lasts ages and i use it lots. The only complaint i have is the name- 10?
The bronze is a perfect colour not orange at all...which is very hard to find...as i am also looking for a nice coloured matt bronzer too which seems impossible..