Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

3.1

PPD: 7.3, Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 12%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 1.7%, Oxybenzone 3%, PPD 7.3 Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3% (Sunscreen), Homosalate 12% (Sunscreen), Octisalate 5% (Sunscreen), Octocrylene 1.7% (Sunscreen), Oxybenzone 3% (Sunscreen). Other ingredients: Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzlkonium Chloride, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzlkonium Chloride, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract Soybean, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Tetradibutyl Pentaerythrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Titanium Dioxide. May contain: Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Let's get straight to the point... The only thing I like about this moisturiser is the fact that it's in a pump bottle that can be locked shut.
Other than that, all disappointment I'm afraid.
This is my first Aveeno product and it has not left a good first impression. The main concern about this product is that it burns my eyes to the point where it looks like I'm crying. I have tried applying it nowhere near my eyes too but somehow throughout the day my eyes will still end up stinging. It also feels my skin feeling greasy, not as much as straight up sunscreen - but significantly close. Stay away from this product.

I've found the trick to using this moisturizer is to use lots of it. Really let it sink into your skin. The first time I tried it, I only used one pump and spread it thinly over my face. I could feel little pieces rubbing off my skin and could not apply makeup on top. I also felt a bit of stinging. The next day I used about 2.5 pumps and slathered it on. SO MUCH BETTER! This tends to dry to a matte finish on my combination skin. My foundation now applies great on top, using my beauty blender. No flakiness/pieces rubbing off like before.

I have not experienced any redness or breakouts so far. Although I am using this in combination with the radiance cleanser and makeup remover. I can see some improvement in the evenness of my skin by using these products. So far this moisturizer is meeting my expectations, which is rare for my skin!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have never had a bad reaction to a facial product. Ever! Not even prescription retinol did this to my face.

This is Aveeno. It should be gentle. Yes, they claim natural but reading the label you know the sunscreens are all chemical. This product ruined my skin. It burns going on. Okay, some sunscreens do. But on day four my skin was bright red, chapped, peeling, stinging. I spent half a day at home putting ice on my face.

on 2/1/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a moisturizer with sun protection and so I picked this one up because of the spf 30. Although I do love that it protects against the sun, I found this moisturizer really weird. When I apply it, if I rub it too much, it starts to peel off. Also, after applying it, my dry patches are immediately much more noticeable. I will keep using it for the sun protection but I definitely need to use it in combination with my regular moisturizer. I would not buy this product again.

on 1/24/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

MY HG moisturizer... good ingredients, buildable moisture, spf 30, and has a pump. Better than expensive moisturizers i used before, the price on this isn't cheap but its worth it. Good for normal/oily/combo skin (I have combo)

on 9/29/2014 9:54:00 PM

I have enjoyed Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer on and off for a few years now, but I often find it to be a bit too heavy/greasy to use under my makeup in the summer.

I picked this product up instead, mostly for the higher SPF, and wow, it makes my skin very sensitive. My skin can handle some powerful skincare, but this product is just so uncomfortable to wear. It almost hurts my skin a little when apply it?

I apply it everywhere but near my eyes, always stopping right before the orbital bone, but I still find my eyes watering/burning with this product on my face. The feeling does not last all day, but I feel like it might be making my skin more sensitive as I keep using it.

I wish I knew what ingredient causes so many people to have reactions like I did? Especially seeing as I rarely have any issues with moisturizers.

Other than the initial sting, it does wear well through out the day under my makeup. Not too heavy or greasy, so I might use the bottle up, but I will definitely not be repurchasing it.

on 8/9/2014 11:29:00 AM

I don't understand all the negative reviews. I am super picky about my face care products, and I literally scoured beautypedia for a cheap SPF 30 product with a high rating that is suitable for my oily skin. Unfortunately this product doesn't have a high rating due to missing antioxidants, but honestly I use a toner packed with them so it's not an issue for me.
I found this cheapest at Target for $13. The sparkle that everyone complains about... You can barely see it. I have to get up close to the mirror and purposely look for it to even notice any shimmer. This stuff has very low fragrance that goes away after it sinks in. It literally took only a minute to sink in, and I was VERY excited to find that it set to a soft matte finish. NO GREASE. I should also mention it did not make my skin burn at all (another complaint I've seen) and it has a very light texture. This is not thick and "emollient" like many other moisturizers with sunscreen.
So long as this stuff doesn't make me break out it will be my HG for morning moisturizer.

Edit 9.16.14: I am still on my first bottle and it continues to be my HG moisturizer in the mornings. Does not make me oily, doesn't make me break out, and has spf 30. I will definitely buy again.

on 7/26/2014 11:11:00 PM

Don't buy this product! I love almost all aveeno products but this.. Never again. I've been using aveeno face lotion SPF 15 4 oz since I was a little girl and it has been perfect with no burn. When I went to the store I accidentally bought this product thinking they changed the packaging. Low and behold I was wrong and when I opened it there was a 2.5 oz bottle for the same price... However, I was too lazy to go get a new one so I shrugged and thought it was the same thing anyway just smaller. Anywho after the first week of trying it, I notice my skin was very sensitive and burning whenever I used my toner and this lotion. After 2 weeks, my chin broke out into about 20 tiny bumps and a rash. I was mortified because my skin rarely breaks out. I'm definitely going to go back to SPF 15. Never again will I repurchase SPF 30!

on 2/22/2014 12:59:00 PM

I hardly ever write reviews for makeup or skin products, but I felt I had to write one about this product. I REALLY wanted to like this product. I wanted the spf, the brightening effect, and the moisturizing benefits. This burned and bothered my eyes sooooooo much that when I even think of this stuff now I have a negative mental response. It felt greasy on my face, did not work well under makeup, and it made my makeup brushes greasy, too. If you want something to use for brightening, that would even be good for sensitive skin or for people whose eyes may react to some facial products, then try Carley's (clear and smooth) tamanu cream (use at night). It is great. For daytime I will be using Olay Complete spf 15 for NORMAL skin until I can find an spf 30 daytime moist. that is not like this Aveeno one. The Olay Complete spf 15 for sensitive skin made my under eyes get so dry that I got flakes.

on 2/6/2014 7:53:00 PM

I had a horrible experience with this cream. I used it for about a month, daily. This cream is not easily absorbed, similar to crappy sunscreen. I get that it has SPF 30 but, even my Lancome SPF 50 facial sunscreen absorbs better than the Aveeno. So you are left with a thin white film, with almost a sticky like feeling.

Popular Moisturizers