August 27, 2014 | 2009 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by lyssaw519

I don't understand all the negative reviews. I am super picky about my face care products, and I literally scoured beautypedia for a cheap SPF 30 product with a high rating that is suitable for my oily skin. Unfortunately this product doesn't have a high rating due to missing antioxidants, but honestly I use a toner packed with them so it's not an issue for me.
I found this cheapest at Target for $13. The sparkle that everyone complains about... You can barely see it. I have to get up close to the mirror and purposely look for it to even notice any shimmer. This stuff has very low fragrance that goes away after it sinks in. It literally took only a minute to sink in, and I was VERY excited to find that it set to a soft matte finish. NO GREASE. I should also mention it did not make my skin burn at all (another complaint I've seen) and it has a very light texture. This is not thick and "emollient" like many other moisturizers with sunscreen.
So long as this stuff doesn't make me break out it will be my HG for morning moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Jennyv2122

Don't buy this product! I love almost all aveeno products but this.. Never again. I've been using aveeno face lotion SPF 15 4 oz since I was a little girl and it has been perfect with no burn. When I went to the store I accidentally bought this product thinking they changed the packaging. Low and behold I was wrong and when I opened it there was a 2.5 oz bottle for the same price... However, I was too lazy to go get a new one so I shrugged and thought it was the same thing anyway just smaller. Anywho after the first week of trying it, I notice my skin was very sensitive and burning whenever I used my toner and this lotion. After 2 weeks, my chin broke out into about 20 tiny bumps and a rash. I was mortified because my skin rarely breaks out. I'm definitely going to go back to SPF 15. Never again will I repurchase SPF 30!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Cougar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever write reviews for makeup or skin products, but I felt I had to write one about this product. I REALLY wanted to like this product. I wanted the spf, the brightening effect, and the moisturizing benefits. This burned and bothered my eyes sooooooo much that when I even think of this stuff now I have a negative mental response. It felt greasy on my face, did not work well under makeup, and it made my makeup brushes greasy, too. If you want something to use for brightening, that would even be good for sensitive skin or for people whose eyes may react to some facial products, then try Carley's (clear and smooth) tamanu cream (use at night). It is great. For daytime I will be using Olay Complete spf 15 for NORMAL skin until I can find an spf 30 daytime moist. that is not like this Aveeno one. The Olay Complete spf 15 for sensitive skin made my under eyes get so dry that I got flakes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by glozzies

I had a horrible experience with this cream. I used it for about a month, daily. This cream is not easily absorbed, similar to crappy sunscreen. I get that it has SPF 30 but, even my Lancome SPF 50 facial sunscreen absorbs better than the Aveeno. So you are left with a thin white film, with almost a sticky like feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by jessmtz18

I've been using this product for 3 1/2 years now. WOW - wish I'd discovered this when I was in high school. I have combination skin, so most other moisturizers I'd tried (everything in the drugstore, a couple of Avon and Mary Kay stuff) always left my skin overly greasy. This product is just perfect. I use it in the morning after I wash my face and after showering before going to bed. It leaves my skin always feeling perfectly moisturized without the extra grease or midday oil. I can't imagine life without this stuff! *****Bonus: the SPF 30 truly works, I live in sunny central California, and I've been using the same foundation color for the past 3 years! Love love love!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

I used this years ago before I knew anything about skincare. I am a sucker for ads and re-purchased again last week. I applied it in the morning and went to work. The ladies restroom where I work is what I call a "truth be told" mirror. The lighting is bright and the mirror very clear. Every time I try a new beauty product, this mirror let's me know how my skin is reacting.

I caught a glimpse of myself in this mirror that day and looked sick. My upper lip and the place where my cheeks meet my smile line area were jowl like and discolored, and my cheeks were zapped of their natural pink hue. As opposed to when I wear Physician's Formula tinted spf 50 and my skin looks plumped and glowing.

This product also caked on my forehead. I returned it and got my $15 back, which will be spent on my Physician's Formula spf 50, which I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Pebleyy22

I used to love this. It works as a great moisturizer and had some decent coerage for someone without much acbe. But i think it might have been the reason my breakouts Triggered and just lost all control. Also, it made my face really cakey whenever I would use It. And when I looked in the mirror, in really bright lighting, I could see orange blobs all over my face. And that is not because I didn't blend it well. Maybe it was just my face though, because after switching to just concealer, loose mineral powder, and blush, my complection just startes looking so smooth ad great. And i dont have problems with it. But, if you have a problem with liquid foundations, ild defiantly try what i do.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by joejhon

I'm sure this stuff is great for some people, but I actually can't use it. I'm just turning 25 and my skin has become super sensitive i put this stuff on my face today, and immediately broke out in a rash :( Why? BECAUSE THIS PRODUCT IS SCENTED GRR. Why won't companies just stick to fragrance free moisturizers?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lavagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It seems that people react very differently to this product. I happen to love it - it's the best face moisturizer I've ever used.

I used to have mild to moderate acne, and though it cleared up significantly a while ago, until last year I would regularly get a zit here or there (just enough to keep getting new red marks). I thought it was out of my control, a matter of biology. But while on vacation and a new skin routine - I had picked up small samples of several moisturizers at the dermatologist's office, and just brought those - I noticed that my skin looked remarkably clear and even. I didn't realize at first what was making the difference, but long story short, the natural, nice products I had been using had been causing mild occasional breakouts.

For the past year and a half, my skin care routine, morning and night, has been Neutrogena's 2% salicylic acid cleanser followed with Aveeno's positively radiant spf 30 moisturizer. This has had an amazing result - if I stick to this, I get no breakouts and my skin is bright and even. This has surprised me in so many ways! I tried the Neutrogena acne wash as a teenager and hated it because it made my skin too dry, but I found that if I moisturize right afterwards it's totally fine. I used to think that using a moisturizer with spf at night was gross, and that I needed a nighttime one, but I found that using the Aveeno at night did nothing bad to my skin and helped me wake up with great-looking skin.

I like it because it absorbs quickly, isn't greasy, provides good sun protection, moisturizes well, doesn't break me out, and makes my skin brighter and more even-toned over time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh Aveeno. How I love you so... you make the best body lotion, hair products and body wash ever. I really wanted to like your face lotion. I tried to deal with the thick formula that's probably a little too moisturizing for a girl with oily skin. I actually loved that it did not smell like sunscreen (unlike a lot of other SPF 30 moisturizers), and the pump top is cool too. But the deal breaker is what it actually did to my face-- horrible, horrible, horrible breakouts! I mean my entire face was covered with irritated angry red bumps that didn't go away for several days. I don't think I've ever had such a bad reaction to anything before. So sad.