October 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this product up only because it was on sale at Ulta. I like it....well sort of. It does take off face makeup and eyeshadow but mascara...not so much. I end up having to use 2 wipes to take "all" of my mascara off but I still wake up with mascara smudges underneath my eyes :( I would never pay full price for this but if I found it at the dollar store (like some of you lucky ones!!) I would get it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, so I wouldn't be caught dead in a dollar store, but I found these in a Five Below near me and thought I'd give 'em a shot. It does have some pros: no fragrance; takes off face makeup; travels well and doesn't make TSA goons go apeshit when I put it in my carryon. The con, and it's a big one considering it purports to be an eye makeup remover, is that it isn't very good at taking off eye makeup. Sometimes I have to use two towelettes to get it "all," and it's never all, because I wake up the morning after using it with mascara smears under my eyes (right now, my everyday mascara is PC Epic Lengths). Maybe it will work better with a truly water-based mascara,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to rate a product I got for a dollar so badly, but I've tried these several times and it just doesn't seem to remove even regular mascara. The wipe is kind of scratchy also and it just isn't something that seems like it's necessary. I use baby oil on a cotton ball, and though it's oily, it works a truck load better than these things.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ChcolateFox20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love these, they only cost me a dollar from my local dollar store. they have a habit of buying overstock from other stores i really hope they keep this in stock! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by KandiDecora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So like many of the review givers here I found this gem in my local Dollar Tree. I picked up a pack and I really like them for the price that I paid so I went back and picked up 5 more packs seeing as I know once its gone its gone lol.

Pros:
-Possible to remove all eye make up with one whip.
-No harsh smell
- NO slimy or oily residue
- CHEAP!! only cost me a Washington!

Cons:
-Kinda scratchy
-Sudsy
-Poor packaging ( Just has a sticky tab closer that loses its stickiness after a few open and closes had to transfer them into a zip lock)
-Low towelette count

So over all I would buy this product again at the low price of $1.00 but to have ever paid regular drug store price upward $6.00 is out of the question.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jmstraight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I found these at Dollar Tree so I picked up a pack. I think they did an amazing job at removing my eye makeup...even the Wet N Wild creme eyeliner that never wants to budge. I think the texture is fine as long as you're not vigorously scrubbing. I ended up going back and picking up a few more packs before they were all gone. If I can still find them I'm sure I'd repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by cristinalicia

I never got these bc you ony get 50 wipes and it cost like 6 bucks. But since they got discontinued where did they end up? At the Dollar Tree!!!! So I picked up a couple bc hey how could I go wrong here? So these are actually really good wipes. They took off all my make up in practically one swipe. Wow, my baby wipes don't do that. (I usually use them with m/u remover anyway...) But now I'm kinda sad they aren't in rotation anymore bc I think I'd actually buy them...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by macnewbie08

I love these wipes!! I was using Neutrogena eye makeup remover (the round pads) but these began to irritate my eyes. I was in RiteAid & they were having a BOGO on Maybelline products, so I decided to give these a try. I am so happy to find these. I purchased the ones for washable makeup but I did notice that they also have wipes for waterproof eye makeup. They were only $5.69 for 50 wipes. With the BOGO, I was able to get (2) packs for that price. Awesome deal. I would recommend anyone to try these.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does remove the eye makeup, but it may also just smear it around until completely wiping it off. It doesn't 100% remove it as my eyelids still look a bit dark, but I think washing my face is the best way to fix that.

The worst thing about this is that after wiping your eye makeup off, your lid will be left feeling very sticky for a good few minutes. The wipes are also a bit scratchy and irritating.

I probably will not purchase this again, since I am positive I can find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does what it's supposed to do and removes eye makeup. However, the makeup remover wipe I'm currently using (from Biore) feels much softer on the face and definitely feels like it removes makeup more thoroughly. These makeup removing wipes are very watery and soapy and you can see the water coming out from it when using them on your face. Another thing I dont like is that the towelettes doesnt feel as smooth and soft, they are a little bit scratchy and rough around my eye area.

I got this product for free during a promotion at my local drugstore so I have nothing to complaint about the price but I definitely will not purchase this when I run out of the one i currently have.

The packaging is pretty good for traveling and it does come with 50 wipes which is quite a good deal so i'll probably put the one I have in my travel case. Again. these are not the best wipes in the world, but it does the job.

Overall an okay product. You can definitely find better ones out there. However, it does what it's supposed to do and for that I have no complaints. I think the texture of the towelettes can be improved and the formulation can be not as wet but overall an okay product. Not complete waste of money if I purchased this but I probably wont repurchase either way.