October 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Mascara - Prestige - Lash Matrix in Black

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Spooty

This might be the stickiest mascara that I've ever tried. Stuck my lashes together in an unattractive way. Ugh, lash glue.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Branjiebelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worst mascara I have ever tried. When I first put it on my lashes looked great but the mascara flaked all day. I was constantly wiping the black dust from under my eyes. It also smudged so I had panda eyes by the afternoon. After just one use, it is going in the bin. What a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LLark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review on this because I was shocked at how low it's rating was. I've been using this for a few years and it's one of my favorite mascaras, and definitely my favorite drugstore mascara (tied with Volumious). I really do think mascaras are different for different people, just like perfumes. It depends on your natural lashes, they are not all the same. Mine are thin and hard to hold a curl.

In my experience, this mascara is super black, very lengthening and very thickening. It holds a curl easily and it REALLY does last an entire day. After about 12 hours, it begins to flake a little. The brush is big, but not too big. And it's sort of dual sided in that one side is thicker bristled and the other has a more combing effect. I can get to my bottom lashes with the thinner side of the brush but I don't usually use this on my lower lashes since it makes them too long for day time.

My one word of advice for this product is to use a good quality eye makeup remover (I actually just use coconut oil). If you try and wash this stuff off or scrub at it too hard, it can pull your lashes out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by SCmusic2001

By far the worst mascara I've ever used. First of all, the perfume in the mascara makes it STINK. It's just weird. For those with sensitive eyes, it'll probably be too much. After one light coat it looked like I had 3 eyelashes they were stuck together so bad. Tried to comb out the clumps and the mascara flaked right off. By the time the clumps were out I don't think there was any mascara left on my lashes! I can't get this one back to the store fast enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

Prestige's Lash Matrix mascara is an mascara that is unique in its own ways. The mascara smells so lovely its perfume ingredient should be regarded as bad because it just smells SO good. As for abilities, this mascara lasts 2 weeks tops if you like to wear mascara everyday. I'd recommend Prestige's Lash Matrix mascara as a bottom lashes mascara ultimately as the mascara is super skilled in that category for volumizing and defining your eyes. You'll totally look like you have doll eyes afterwards!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not care for this product overall. I'll never really know what great qualitles this formulation may posees, because the dryness frustrates me before I can ever apply very much. The smell is almost perfume-like - which is odd, but neither here nor there. The flakes are pretty significant - which is the deal breaker for me. There are mediocre mascaras much cheaper than this one out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara pieves me. The wording on the packaging (even the wash-off instructions) sounds very much like this is a tubing mascara but it really isn't. It smudges & flakes while I'm wearing it & it makes a dirty mess when I wash it off. This is regular formula mascara! It's not as stubborn to wash off w/soap as some other regular mascaras, though. And waterproof? No. Real tubing mascara absolutely does not smudge or flake on me, it doesn't break down in water (except warm water), & it doesn't smear when removing.

But I do love this mascara. Why? It gives me gorgeous thick lashes that don't clump together & it doesn't take a lot work to apply & separate like lots of other mascaras I've tried. I get prettier lashes w/this than I do w/tubing mascara (especially thickness & volume). I still prefer tubing mascara, but I bought a backup of this for when I desire beautiful effortless up-curled lashes (the lifting, thickening, lengthening, & volumizing claims are true). Too bad my eyes will be smudged 2 hrs later. It's an ALMOST perfect mascara for me.

Beautiful lashes: 5 lippies
Smudge resistance: 2 lippies
Price: 3 lippies - average drugstore price ($7)
Formula thickness: 3 lippies (dry & pasty but not clumpy)
Pigment intensity: 5 lippies
Ease of removal: 3.5 lippies
Tubing quality: 0 lippies
Regular mascara quality: 4.5 lippies

The review posted by CarriLynnJ on this mascara in April 2010 is very accurate.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fuzzybluelogic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love tubing mascara. I have crazy sensitive eyes and they seem to hate everything except Clinique's Lash Power - which is nice for an everyday liner. But I wanted BAM lashes. I was in Ulta and stumbled across this mascara as I considered trying Biggest Lashes for the gabillionith time. I hadn't know Prestige had a tubing mascara! I'm kinda LOLWUT at the reviews because how can a tubing mascara that is so black, so lush and look so good have a 2.4? And it even washes off easily! It's a little fussier than Clinique, but you get more volume and color. It didn't uncurl my lashes or smudge. 5 stars and will rebuy. HG HG HG

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by needs_a_makeup_fix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Should've passed on this but the product description sounded a bit like Kiss Me, which I loved for a long time because most mascaras tend to smudge on me, even the waterproof/smudgeproof ones sometimes.

It came out super thick out of the tube, and went on clumpy, almost flakey-ish. I'm not a fan of globby lashes but I do like them thick, so I tried to apply in mini layers and did manage to get most of the clumps out. Since the mascara was supposed to stay in place all day, I head out for my date and don't give it a second though until I come back home later that night to racoon eyes. FAIL!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by cristinam03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first review on this site and I feel like it is due to this product that I think is fantastic. It does what it claims, my lashes are super super long, I do not have particularly problematic (short lashes) but this mascara makes me wow....
It does not add volume (but it also does not claim so).
It smells like rose water, this could be a problem for some people. It does not bother me and it does not irritate my eyes. LOVE IT!!!