July 23, 2014 | 1563 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Indian Pink

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by DLYNN

I own many almost-but-not-quite takes on gold-finish lipsticks by everyone from Estee Lauder (the popular shade "Tiramasu") to the dollar-store brand Colormates (in "Peach Fuzz"). Typically I find gold-shimmer lip gloss and lipstick colors, as opposed to the usual silver frost or white pearl finishes, run very sheer. On the occasion I find one that offers better color payoff, the gold elements can sometimes become cakey over lip lines or in other cases simply feel gritty. Above all, however, the gold-finish colors I have found do not often show up well against my fair-medium skin.

This NYX lipstick has enough peachy-pink pigment and gold shimmer to succeed where others do not. Yes, it can look frosty if layered on too thick. But it's always possible to tone down this lipstick with a gloss or a thin application whereas lip colors that don't pack much of a pigment punch are a lost cause. I doubt someone with a dark, olive complexion would find this color all that natural looking, but fair skin can be "bright" in its own right so it takes a medium-bright shade with sufficient pigment before the contrast goes OTT.

Indian Pink has decent staying power, which is unusual for a shimmer finish in my experience. NYX lipsticks, in general, feel oddly slick going on but within an hour settle into a more typical lipstick texture, and the color stays put until you eat/drink it off. Indian Pink is a Summer/Autumn-appropriate take on a coral-pink gold. This unique color falls about as close to HG territory as I have found since Avon discontinued a more year-around appropriate Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in "Sparkling Warm Rose". In conclusion, I hope NYX continues to offer Indian Pink because it is quite literally in a class by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a color for fair skin and seems to suit olive medium skin tones best. Think rashida jones complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by marikoulmk

This is a goergeous colour from NYX lipsticks.
I absolutely love it and I dont wear it everyday because I dont want to end fast.
Its a sheer beige pink shade with a touch of gold.
It goes with everything and when I am wearing it people ask me about it.
I will buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by greenbird

I think this is a beautiful color for summer-goes well with a tan. It's shimmery, peachy-pink with gold undertones. If you like the matte look-it isn't for you. It also isn't for you if you're seeking a "Mad Men" like deep or bright coral lipstick. However, with a tan or olive complexion or a medium tone with bronzer applied-pair this with mascara, neutral eyeshadow, and a warm blush. You will look like you are glowing. It's not for everyone. But on my NC35 Asian skin tone-with a bit of a tan or bronzer (I use Rimmel, Bonne Bell, and have Nars Laguna left over from a gift), it looks warm & goes well with that coloring.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NYX Round Lipstick in Indian Pink is a frosted pink-peach. NYX Round lipsticks are available in over 120 shades, and a cruelty free, paraben free, and hypoallergenic. I purchased Indian Pink at Ulta fir around $2.50 for 4 grams of product. NYX can be found in Ulta, select drugstores and other retails, as well as nyx.com, and Cherry Culture. These lipsticks are made in Taiwan.
Packaging is the same black twist up tube and plastic cap that I always rave about. The tube is recyclable, and for being so small, it features a tone of information about the product, including a full list of ingredients. NYX Round Lipstick's packaging is sturdy, sleek, and a breeze to store; let me go into more depth as to why. The cap snaps of firmly and the tube isn't more than 3 inches long, making them portable, pocket and purse friendly. The tube features NYX's logo, which is cute and girly, without being childish. The bottom of the tube is clear, with a bit of rubber the same color as the lipstick. Combine that with the size and clear labeling, and you have a very easy to store product.
The color of Indian Pink looks gorgeous in the tube and when swatched, but on the lips it's unflattering to say the least. Indian Pink is a peach that leans very pink with a super frosty finish that contains a good amount of gold shimmer that thankfully isn't too apparent. Oh, and also, it's sheer. Awkward. NYX Rounds are always kinda complex in the color department, but in the case of Indian Pink, the complexity of the color us it's downfall. It's like NYX tried too hard to make a unique peachy-pink. I'm sure they put in an honest effort, but they failed. Indian Pink wouldn't be quite so bad if it wasn't so sheer. To be fair, it is buildable, but the more layers you add, the frostier the finish becomes. There is just no way for me to make this lipstick look good.
Indian Pink doesn't apply very well either. It goes on smooth, but somehow ends up looking patchy on the lips. The texture is pretty slippery, causing it to wear poorly. I get 3 hours or so of wear from NYX Rounds, but I'm lucky if I get 1 1/2 hours of wear from Indian Pink. The slick texture of this lipstick causes it to slip around, even outside of the lip line. Not cute, you definitely need a lip liner, or layer this over a stain.
Even the slight sunscreen-y taste and smell of NYX Round Lipsticks is really amplified in Indian Pink, it smells obnoxious and chemically. Usually the scent of these lipsticks doesn't bother me, and I've never understood why people hate the scent of NYX Rounds, but now I understand.
I just cannot stand NYX's Round Lipstick in Indian Pink. It's so bad compared to the 6 other ones I have! Is this a bad tube, or a dud in the line? The color is kinda..bizarre, the wear is poor, and the sunscreen taste/scent is obnoxious and nearly nauseating. I'm really disappointed by Indian Pink. I certainly won't be repurchasing it, and I urge yinz all to skip it. I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for it. It's the low point of this lipstick range, in my opinion.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The lipstick looks good and is less glittery than I anticipated. However, it has poor staying power. It streaks and feathers. It accentuates the lines on my lips. While it's moisturizing, I can't see myself buying the product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect lipstick for me for me summer sunkissed look. It complements bronzers, peach toned blushes.

At first I didn't like it, but I realized it looked amazing under the sun compared to indoor lighting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by theamazinganna

I LOVE THIS SHADE! At first swipe, I was turned off by the frosty finish, but if you apply just the right amount, it looks amazing. The peachy color complements my medium tan skin very well, and brightens up my face. It goes on super creamy and has a pleasant smell to it.

I just don't like the packaging because I've had NYX lipstick cases break and the lippies tend to melt a little? Maybe it's just because I live in the tropics, or maybe the lipsticks are just too creamy, idk.

I really like Indian Pink though, and for the price, I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I checked out the review for this lipstick on MUA right I after I purchased this online.Honestly I wasn't expecting much judging from the 3.6 lippy, but I was wrong!
I really really love this colour and lipstick! In fact I love all the lipstick I purchase in my recent NYX online order.
The quality is amazing, pigmented and glides on smoothly without looking patchy like some of my more higher end lipstick, namingly Lancome.
This colour is beautiful sheen nudie pink that doesn't wash out my complexion at all. Its very moisturising, suprisingly. Now I really want to get some NYX Matte lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am OBSESSED with NYX Indian Pink lipstick color!

How do you even describe the color? it's pinky--orangey--with gold frost or is it apricotey--pinky peach with gold frost? It's maddeningly beautiful on my NC 30 complexion!

However, as much as I love the color....I dislike the application. It doesn't adhere on your lips, it's messy, feathers and bleeds.

I love the color so much I went on a lipstick hunt trying to find its dupe and I became obsessed with lipstick with this color--pinky--orangey--gold. I went on a hunt to find a better version of Nyx Indian Pink...something that stays, applies well and doesn't bleed.

I read that Chanel Montecarlo is close to Nyx Indian Pink, I actually went bought Chanel and nope...not even close. I went to Givenchy and bought a couple of coral lipstick...which I ended up loving but it is not Indian Pink! I went to Dior...and nope...nothing came close.

I went to Mac, thinking that CB96 would be close to Indian Pink and nope....too bright, too red orange.
So, FINALLY...I got something verrry close to Indian Pink. It's Mac's Ravishing paired with Milani Summer Baby lipgloss/ Mac Nymphette for a glossy version of Indian Pink. To get a more shimmery dupe, mix Mac's Ravishing + Rimmel's Coral Crush.
I never thought that I'd be so in love with a color that I'm on a mad hunt for a pricier dupe! LOL!