November 1, 2014 | 1025 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Ombre a Paupieres Little Round Pot

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

I have this in shade 13 which is a plum with fine silver glitter. It really makes my green eyes pop. This is my HG eyeshadow, no other purple shades come close. I apply this with a damp brush on top of primer which makes ALL the difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

I have this in 05 Illuminateur. I have been looking for a replacement for MAC's Shroom and EL's Tea Biscuit, which is discontinued, so I have tried a lot of e/s and ran across this. Even though it looks pink in the pot, on me it's a very light shampagney-gold with pink undertones, which is the exact right shade for my rosy very light skin. I was first put off by the pot since it's pink and i'm a totally anti-pink kind of person. Additionally, I don't like the packaging. It's too big and it's hard to open the few times around. I do like the supplemental applicator, but use brushes instead. But it is so beautiful on the skin, I can't compliment it enough. It says that it can be applied with a slightly wet brush, but I hated the application when I did that. It is easy to get the right amount of product and layer it on the lids. It's a great highlighter for the inner corner, the brow bone and cheek bones as well. This is my first e/s from Bourjois, but I think I will be repurchasing this one as it is almost identical to MAC's shroom e/s, costs less and comes in a bigger pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by mommybabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in #71 raffine. I usually adore bourjois products, so thought this was not a risky buy. I love gold, taupey, coppery shades that compliment my blue eyes, so I thought this looked beautful in the pan.
However once swatched, there is hardly any colour and pigmentation, just annoying particles of glitter. To me even the glitter hardly shows up so even if glitter is your thing, this will still disappoint.
I read you can also apply it wet for a more vibrant effect, so I thought 'aha thats where I'm going wrong' so I applied it wet. The results were even worse! It just made the glitter go clumpy!
I'm very disappointed in this product, bourjois do some gorgeous products but they definitely went wrong with this one.
Would not repurchase!! :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I've got 2 shadows from Bourjois, and to me the whole pan in both of them were just glitter/shimmer. Absolutely no pigmentation what so ever. One colour I have which is like a a very light to almost white pink colour (forgot the name/number), I use as a highlighter for the inner corner of my eye. The other colour which is a vary dark purple colour, I just havent touched since about 1 year ago, and even then I only used it as a dusting shimmer on top of my other eye makeup.
I brought these back when i first begun with makeup and I didn't know better. Even back then on sale, they were still $10AUD each, half price already.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm torn on this one. I have this in two colors and one is fine, the other is not.
The bad one is '72 violet absolu'. The color looks pretty and shimmery in the pan, but the pigmentation is below average. I have to press rather hard with my finger/brush to get any color. The shimmer doesn't show up at all, it looks matte on my eyelid. Texture is too dry, doesn't apply nicely. The color is also a bit too much of a cold purple for me but that's personal so I'm not taking any lippies of for that.
The other one is better. It's '70 kaki ettonant'. In the pan it looks like a gorgeous shimmery brown/green color, depends on the way you look at it. The pigmentation on this one isn't groundbreaking, but it is better than the other one. It is acceptable, but it's not as pretty on the lid as it is in the pan. The texture is fine.
Packaging on all the Ombre's is really cute. I also love that they have a mirror inside.
Overall these -can- be nice, but I would test each color on pigmentation before you buy. Also, I think that even the one that is fine is way overpriced for average pigmentation you're getting. Wet 'n Wild or NYX give me way better pigmentation for half the price. I will not be buying any of these anymore.
Edit: I recently discovered that you're supposed to use these wet. I think that's a lame excuse to make up for poor pigmentation. I don't want to have to use them wet (can't blend well?!) and especially not for that price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Pak

I don't like it, I only used it a few times :(
I bought the '48 vert petillant', a sparkling green shade. But, although the packaging is fantastic, the colour you see is not the colour you take.
So the only times I use it, it has to be wet and more than one coat. I'm not buying Bourjois eyeshadows again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this one in 90 Blanc Diaphane in the regular version.
I SIMPLY love the little mini compact,with a very very nice mirror and applicator [even though i don't use the applicator]
It wears for a long time and you could never possibly ever finish a Bourjois eyeshadow.
As usual the price is average.
But really nice product,what can one expect from Chanel's little sister?:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so in love with the white one that I went out to get a green one. I only use the white one for the inner corner of my eyes, because white shadows look unnatural when applied to the lid. They both have great staying power, but you could tell the the white one fades a bit throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I got this in number 25 - Argent.

Argent is a bright silver colour with shimmery undertone. The packaging is cute but kind of annoying - it comes with a little mini brush applicator and a mirror on the inside. I found that the mirror gets dirty because of the shadow but its also hard to use because of the position. Applicator is ok, its curved to allow for easy grip but the size of it makes it almost impossible to use it to apply the shadow on the lid, someone with fat fingers would get really frustrated! I just don't use that applicator at all and I dare say most people will be in the same position.

The shade itself comes on very sheer at first, to show up at full intensity when its dry you need SEVERAL coats, and it comes off VERY easily. It is very hard to apply evenly because of this. You kind of end up moving it around your eye when you put the brush on the same place twice, because its so easy to come off. This is a very good pale silver, but its also bad because it doesn't last. I was unfortunate in that I tested the product on my finger (dry) and bought it based on the pretty pale shimmery silver colour that came onto my finger. Really, its not a true representation of what the shadow really is. To top it off, the tester in the store didnt have the piece of paper attached that recommended the use of this product WET.

Wet, it applies a LOT better, especially with an eyeprimer. It will stay on for longer, but still not overly long, a few hours or so. The colour is far more intense wet, but theres not really an in-between though. The shimmery pale colour that I wanted, and saw when I first tested it dry just wasn't available to me when it was wet, and if you are looking for a shadow that lasts longer than an hour, you can't use this one dry. Basically, I wanted a pale shimmery silver, and I got it... for about half an hour. I gave it three stars just because it is so pretty at first, and it looks good wet if you can wear it that intense, its kind of expensive though.

It has the potential to be good, but do your research on this before you fork out the money. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this product in '06 Noir Cobalt' after looking for a new black shadow for clubbing. The colour is gorgeous of course, not a stark black but more of a smokey grey-black with shimmer that reflects silver. It's okay - i use it for a smokey eye generally. It's not really good for anything else and the brush and mirror inside the steampunk-esque container are unfortunately useless.

You will need one (if lucky) to two coats of this stuff to get the colour that you can see in the pan, but it's worth it - for the first 5 or so hours. It smudges and fades easily if touched, but who really pokes there eye area anyways?

If you are on a lookout for a more formal 'look at me' shimmery not-too-black eyeshadow , this goes on perfect with some black eyeliner and lashings of the darkest mascara you can find.

I need something darker, but would consider repurchasing this if i ever needed a good grey-black colour to use for blending with another darker eyeshadow.