July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Pastel Teint Essentiel - Vanille

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to be honest because It was Bourjois and very cheap £1.50 this is because It being discontinued very impressed with the over all look I get from this product this keep my foundation mat and shine free all day and radiant
I bought mine in tjhugh you may still be able to get hold of this little gem

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Rejazz7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder. It gives me the perfect look, really matches my skin perfectly. I've used some very expensive powders and foundations in my time and yet this definitely beats them all hands down. This powder is just fantastic! =] I haven't seen it on the shelves & fear it has been discontinued...if it has I'll be ever so disappointed, I loved this powder ='[ The only negative thing I have to say is that the container was quite bulky and the sponge wasn't the best, I usually just used my own brush. I smashed a couple of these so I'd suggest just bringing a different brand out & applying the bourjois powder at home.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this over Bourjois Matt Lovely foundation in Rose Clair and they match nicely despite the foundation being pinkish and the powder being yellowish.

I apply this using a powder brush. The sponge that comes with it isn't so bad, though.

Great lasting power, I hardly need to reapply. It wasn't good at setting my concealer round my eyes, instead it mixed and creased with it. Am not sure if the powder is bad or the concealer, though.

Packaging is good whenever I'm on the run. Has a lovely sweet scent, but it is strong so you might wanna consider that if you get nauseous.

If not for switching to NARS loose powder, I would surely repurchase.

UPDATE: This powder cakes no matter how lightly applied, and this particular shade turns orange. I'm finding the scent too strong for my liking. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so sad this was discontinued. I really like this powder. It's light and isn't overly matte when applied. It just give such a nice finish. I did take off one lipstick for the packaging. I don't find it very purse friendly. The cap kind of screws off and it's a little bulky. I normally leave this one at home and use a separate brand for touch ups. Well, Bourjois came out with a new presssed powder, so hopefully I'll like it just as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 3:17:00 AM More reviews by mascara77

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must say I really like this, wearing it on my face for the 1st time today and it's been 3 hours and I don't need to blot! That's really a first, usually I can start blotting away about 1-2 hrs into my makeup. Doesn't seem to oxidize at all and the powder texture is superb, really ultra fine as it claims, making my skin look really smooth. I'm not the fairest around but the SA recommended me this lightest shade available and surprisingly it was actually quite a good fit. I wear it on top of a very light foundation and concealer and the look is au natural. Love the oil control properties, the texture, the price, just not so crazy about the packaging, but still its a great powder for its price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

this is not the lightest shade available in Australia, about the third lightest. I have fond memories of using this as a teenager and so bought it again for nostalgia reasons and I have been very happy with it. I find that itís pigmented and smooth enough to be used by itself and still give good but natural coverage. worn with foundation, it finishes off makeup nicely too. itís quite matte and stays matte all day, but without being uncomfortable, drying or chalky. itís very soft. Iíll still always use rimmel "stay matte" but I will use this as well too (Iím sure thereís room for two powders in a galís makeup bag). oh the fragrance is strong at first but not noticeable from then on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Djamilla

This is the lightest color but it was still a bit to dark for me. When you put it on it looks 'caked on' and not natural. I didn't really liked the texture but it smelled nice. Wouldn't buy this again.