September 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Max All Day Moisture Defense SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by diva246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried a couple of moisturizers in the past, and this one is the best thus far. I'm REALLY IMPRESSED with the sunscreen aspect. For instance, I wore it under my makeup during a FULL day working out on a beach... Sand, sweat, the works... Literally a 10 hour day. I didn't apply sunscreen on my face (I'm a fair skinned redhead) and unlike my tanner colleagues, I DIDN'T GET BURNED!! This product literally lasts ALL DAY. I'm really impressed, and with my normal skin, I haven't had any breakout problems. Love this product and don't plan on switching any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by blondi1978

This is is by far one of the best SPF face moisturizers I've used. I've been using it for almost 10 years now and any time I've ever tried to switch I always go back. For some reason it is almost impossible to find a good face moisturizer containing SPF that doesn't look or smell like a sunscreen that you use for the pool or beach. At department stores, many of the higher end brands sell SPF and face moisturizing products separately so you end up paying a small fortune. This lotion absorbs very well into the skin and is great under makeup. Note that you don't need that much product. I use one small pump that's about the size of a dime or even less. A little goes a long way. And be sure to wait a few minutes before putting on your powder or foundation so the moisturizer has more time to absorb into the skin. This will ensure much better results. Compared to so many of the other expensive creams and moisturizers out there, this product is affordably priced. With people constantly guessing that I'm at least five years younger than I really am, this moisturizer has to be doing something right! My regimen also consists of Cellcosmet purifying gel and activator gel, as well as Differin 3.0 gel every night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Kristin302

Looks lovely under makeup. Offers plenty of moisture without feeling heavy or greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product to me, is basically just sunscreen and nothing more. It has thick, greasy consistency that doesn't absorb well into the skin. It smells and looks just like normal sunscreen. It feels heavy on my skin and isn't a good base for makeup. I would not recommend this for everyday use. It would be better for if you're going to the beach or gonna be outside all day and don't plan in wearing a lot of makeup. Not to mention, this product is pretty expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't want to bash PTR products, but this moisterizer was a bit too heavy for me. I don't think my skin absorbed this product well enough even after waiting 5-10 minutes (at least) before applying my Shiseido Smoothing Powder foundation. After several hours I noticed a slight sheen, thus it was not sheer enough even under powder foundation.

Negative: it smells like regular sun screen and emphasizes pores. Positive: it didn't sting upon application (like some products containing SPF) and it contains an abundance of antioxidants that actually improved my skin during the short time I used it, resulting in a more smooth appearance. I prefer Clarins Day Screen 40, however, the Clarins product has little to no antioxidants, yet it performs beautifully under my powder foundation.

I don't feel the PTR moisterizer would blend well under foundation. Exception may be if one has very, very dry skin. This product is packed with essential antioxidants and did not clog my pores. I used it everyday for over a week before returning it. Always keep your receipt for Sephora or Ulta etc as I purchased this at a local high end beauty store that only gives store credit on any return - boo hoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

I really love PTR, this company rarely fails with their products for at least my skintype ( extremely sensitive, yet extremely acne-prone.)

I like this moisturizer. I'm on the hunt of a daily light spf moisturizer that could keep the oil at bay during long humid summerdays at our hot office. ( my ordinary fav Elta Md clear is too shiny during summer)

Pros:

- oilfree and fragrance free!
- not waterproof, you can remove it with your ordinary cleanser
- really, really moisturizing
- no white cast
- reliable brand
- not too hard to find and buy

"Cons":

- a little too rich for my extremely oily skin right now during the hot summer

- shiny, and does not "refine the look of pores". This might also be a pro cause it doesn't contain too much silicones. But when you have really acne and post-acne skin, you mostly would like to hide them.

I still want to give this 4 lippies cause I love this brand, and I think they have put a lot of effort in making this both oilfree, fragrance-free, with sunscreen, really moisturizing and still to a overcoming price (you can find it on the net also).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bizbuilder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall speaking I love PTR products. I don't remember I have tried anything from this brand that I don't like or not working for me.

This Max All Day Moisture SPF is great. It is rich very moisturizing but NOT heavy at all! It is oily free so it does not create much shine on my skin. Plus it already comes with SPF. Very convenient :-)

Do not forget this product also formulas to clear your acne while protecting your skin. So why not? I highly recommend this product. Good luck girls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and love this SPF moisturizer. SPF 30 is perfect for me as I spend much of my morning in the car. I find that other SPF lotions will aggravate my acne...I'm blemish free with this moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by skwass

Awesome product. I especially love the packaging, which is hygienic, efficient, and travel-friendly. As for the product itself, I love that it's 30 SPF (I was wanting to switch from my Proactiv oil-free 15 SPF, though now I often switch between the two depending on what activities I have planned for the day) and I did a lot of research about the goodness of the other stuff in it. That said, I use it primarily as a sunscreen/moisturizer (in that order). It's not super-moisturizing, but it's definitely enough for my combo-dry skin in the winter time, provided I also use something creamy most nights as well. Another thing I love is that there's no fragrance--I hate how many products have been ruined to me by the fragrance. I'd rather smell something slightly unpleasant for a minute or two and then nothing than get whiffs of overly floral crap throughout my day (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena Ageless Essentials). The Max All Day Moisture Defense isn't unpleasant, though, it's really just nothing. If I try really hard I can smell a slight sunscreen-y smell, but it's sunscreen. I don't find that I have to rub it in really hard like some reviewers, though I do put it on right after I shower and then make my lunch, get dressed, etc., before I put on any makeup in order to give it time to dry. Without 5-10 minutes (I don't really think you need the full 15, but whatever) to sink in, it might be a little sticky applying makeup. Overall, though, great product at a reasonable price: you can usually get it for around $30 on Amazon, and I only go through a max of two bottles a year with approximately 5x/week usage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Great base to use under mu without primer especially at summertime when my comb. skin is less dehydrated. I need to warm it on the back of my hand and wait at least 15min. before applying fndn. I don`t mind unless I`m in a hurry. No breakouts either with this. First bottle nearly used and I plan to get another. Cons; None<3.