July 30, 2014 | 1197 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide on eyeliner in 1999

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what color this is supposed to be because it won't show up on my skin. It looks like a magenta with a slight shimmer but I cant even tell. I am pale so it has nothing to do with my skintone. I tried it both on my eyelid and on the back of my hand and the color is so faint that it barely even shows up. Waste of money and I will not be buying it again. I'm glad it was on sale for only $6 because I would not pay full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is a very unique colour. It's a nice deep purple with gold-ish glitter. I like to use this liner to change up my nighttime look every once in a while. It has the usual creaminess and long lasting qualities of the UD 24/7 liners. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner works GREAT for me. I'm very fair with very green eyes so this compliments me quite well.
Glides right on and has decent staying power on the waterline. The sparkle is very very subtle. The brown/purple color is quite pigmented. It's a lighter version of Rockstar, it's what Rockstar should have been.
Sadly, it's so creamy that if you used it daily, the pencil would not last long. so I use this sparingly because paying $19 for a single eyeliner is insane. Though this liner is worth it, that's still too much money to pay more than once every few months.

I very much recommend if you have a lighter complexion. If you're naturally tan or darker, this won't really work for you..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I adore UD's 24/7 eyeliners, this particular one is quite lackluster, IMO. It does nothing for my NC44 complexion, it barely shows up. All I really get is a little bit of glitter. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this 24/7 pencil doesn't do it for me. Hazel eyes normally suit purples and plums, but this shade makes my eyes almost look sore or bruised. It's just not right for my skin-tone and colouring, I suppose. It's a very metallic pencil, which I like, but the gold glitter is just a bit over the top for my taste. Unlike most other 24/4 pencils, 1999 doesn't show up very well on my eyes (which could be the cause of the slight "bruising" effect) and is especially non-transferable to my waterline. Swatched on my hand, it looks good (still, not my colour but at least pigmented and creamy) but it's hopeless on my eyes. Other friends have tried it and liked it, but I've yet to have someone say "Oh yeah, I'm going to go get one of my own!" as they have with my other 24/7 pencils. This won't be a repurchase for me, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by sparksflylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was at Sephora with my grandmother and she pointed out the collection of Urban Decay eyeliners and she picked out Stash and I found 1999...
it glides on so easily and smoothly, it looks so cool as daytime or nighttime makeup... I will definately repurchase. It's like a gold-ish purple hue that's really pretty and rare. Looks good with my hazel eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

it pains me to remove two lipsticks from this!
i am disappointed in this for 2 reasons; 1stly, the colour does not come out the gorgeous lilac, pinky gold it promises, more like a slightly gold eggplant that just looks like an interesting brown from afar and barely shows on the waterline - and 2ndly this is a BITCH to apply! (and it's warm weather at the moment!) 'Baked' and 'Lucky' go on like an absolute dream, but this is mission impossible, and it kind of hurts! these pencils also constantly need sharpening, and i honestly feel like this was a waste of money. MAC's kohl in 'Prunella' is better in my opinion. a bit of a shame. won't buy again.

however, once i have spent a century applying this (lol), i DO think it looks nice on my brown eyes. especially with a matching crease colour and a pale eyeshadow to make it stand out more. it does look very complementary and does do a nice job. it also stays on (the lids, not waterline) perfectly.
it has made me want to get MAC's fluidline in 'Macroviolet' instead, but that's a bit pointless to say in this review.
overall, disappointed and feel like '1999' has been marketed falsely.
buy this if you want a 'better than brown', slightly shimmery liner with very good staying power but takes a lot of tugging to apply, otherwise please don't bother :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by b3llav1ta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a unique color - shimmery pale purple/lilac - if I may say. Now that my skin is lighter in the winter, this color would work on me. I use this when I feel like a very soft shimmer look for my eyes. We'll see if it would still work with my tan skin tone in the summer. I'm taking one lippie, because this color somehow not showing up on my waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This colour may come as light for darker skin tone people. I am quite fair (NC15 Chinese Asian). I actually dun find UD eyeliners very pigmented. However you could build the colours by layering them slowly. Overall this colour is beautiful and lasting power is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by atomicemmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my HG eyeliner! I even got my mom to switch to this after I bought her one in black. All the 24-7's have outstanding lasting power - I sometimes even have a trace left after washing my face with normal facial cleanser. The purple/gold combo is so light and works best for daytime & summer - good for light definition and widening the eyes, but not for a night-time look. The only bummer is it has to be sharpened very often: the pencil is quite soft. Sometimes the cap doesn't stay on well either.