Coastal Scents Satin Eyeshadow in Blushing Rose

on 1/13/2007 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful color, and one that I'd looked for, for quite a while.

It's a mica-based loose powder, and in spite of the fact that it's sold as an eyeshadow, I prefer to use it on my lips. I've found that MAC "Girl About Town" lipstick + Blushing Rose + clear gloss = a gorgeous shimmery clear pinky-rose lipcolor.

Here's arather-dim-and- blurry-but-fairly-color-true photo:

"Blushing Rose" is a light-to-medium slightly cool-toned rosy pink; it has more depth than a conventional "baby" pink, but is lighter/softer than the color I think of as "rose." Compared to MAC's "Rose" pigment, "Blushing Rose" is way pinker, waaay less coppery, and somewhat less shimmery. Even though I'm a devoted MAC fan, I prefer "Blushing Rose" over "Rose" pigment. I'm NW15, dark brown hair, green eyes.

Scoring: I give this a 5 on lips, and a 4 on eyes, simply because eyeshadows with pink/red tones make me look like I have conjunctivitis. It would probably make a decent blush, too, if you don't mind some shimmer.

Price is very reasonable; under $10 for a full-to-the-brim 5-gram jar, and a little product goes a very long way. I'm less than enthusiastic about the packaging, which is simply a small screw-top plastic jar with no sifter. I will gladly buy this lovely, versatile product again.

It can be ordered at www.coastalscents.com continued >>

Popular Eye Shadows