August 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Circle Rx

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kschultz658

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I prefer Neutrogena's clear skin, but this product does just fine. conceals well over blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by jing88lai

I'm probably jumping the gun by writing a review so soon since I've only used this product a couple times, but that's how much I like it!

I'm asian, and have hereditary dark circles under/around my eyes. I also have very fine lines under my eyes. So I have to deal with 2 issues when I wear concealers 1) will it cover the darkness and 2) will it make my fine lines look worse?

I've tried a good handful of concealers and realized that one of the reasons that they were caking up and sinking into fine lines is because I have dry skin, so powder concealers were out (and I also learned that I needed to wear under-eye primer). With knowing that I needed to get a creamy concealer, I went to Sephora to see what they had. The best match I could find was a Makeup Forever Full Cover #7, but it still looked cakey.

While at a drug store, I picked this up because they had a BOGO offer and I didn't expect much so I was pleasantly surprised. I put this on after I prep with some primer (Smashbox Photofinish Hydrating Undereye Primer) and the blend it in with a light layer of foundation on top (Smashbox Studio Skin 2.4 Natural Beige) and it looks great and minimizes the dark circles (nothing will ever really take them completely away, especially since I don't like to wear a thick layer of foundation).

I wore the concealer on its own one day and it didn't look good, so I think having a light layer of foundation on top of it really helps. I'm going to wear this on my lid too (I don't wear eyeshadow) and see how it wears and will update if it doesn't go well!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS
- BRILLIANT dark circle coverage
- Easy to blend, lovely consistency
- Long lasting
- Helps to fade dark circles with frequent use
- Suits a range of skin tones, even very fair

CONS
- Cheap packaging

This is my HD eye concealor. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with a dark circle problem. My concealor is in 'Soft Yellow'.

Note: Don't be alarmed by how yellow the concealor is, once you blend it in, it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by CindyRPT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased Physician's formula concealers before in my continual quest to find a great concealer for under eye circles. I had a bad experience with this brand before with another concealer. (My co-workers pulled me aside & told me that my makeup looked GREEN all under my eyes. Yikes!) So I haven't bought PF brand again. But, I decided to give it another try and I'm so glad I did. The consistency of this concealer is thick, but as a previous reviewer stated...all you need to do is rub it between your fingers to warm it up & further liquify it. And a "little dab will do ya" with this concealer. If you get overzealous with its application, it can and will cake up. I am quite pleased with the coverage. I have the Soft Yellow and yes, it is a bit light. But I then cover it with my foundation & it blends beautifully. Me likey!!!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer but it has been hard to find so I've been using maybellines dark circle eraser which I love equally(it may be the haloxyl that I love which is found in both products). This covers everything! It is kindof watery and the packaging is not the greatest. I think a wand would have been better. The only place I've seen it is target.com so I may have to order it if I really start to miss it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by skuebler

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer comes in two shades. The Fair shade is really light, so unless you have porcelain skin, go with the Natural shade. Agreeable, the packaging makes it a bit hard to apply, but I found if I use a brush with it, it will smooth beautifully. Lasts a long time and blends with other make up, although you may not need extra coverage after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by domlam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The thing I like most about this product is the shade (I'm using soft yellow). I have never been able to find a concealer that's not either too pale or too pink for my NC20 Asian skin, high end or low end products. This one matches my skin so well that I'm using it all over my face and not just under the eyes.

I agree with other posters that the squeeze tube is not the best for dispensing the correct amount of product and the snap on lid is a bit awkward as well. However, I did find that the top can actually be twisted open at the silver neck and then you can use a regular concealer wand / Q-tip to get at the product.

The consistency is a bit creamier and thicker than most concealers that I've used but nothing that can't be overcome with a few practice runs. Will definitely repurchase based on the shade alone but it's not that easy to find. Most retailers that carry Physician's Formula don't seem to carry this particular concealer and when they do, they don't carry this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PF is very hit and miss for me, this is a hit so far. (I'm using the pale yellow version; the other was too light and pink for my skintone). I don't normally have bad dark circles, but life has been stressful lately and apparently showing on my face. When my fiance' mentioned my dark circles the other day, I knew something was up, big time. He's not known to comment on things like that unless it's REALLY noticeable and he's concerned I'm not okay so when he speaks up, I take heed. I decided to take a chance on this because I had a coupon and was already going to get the SPF50 tinted moisturizer and needed something else for a BOGO. (I'll review the TM later after a longer test drive).

I did a before-and-after dark circles test with this product, using fiance' as judge. His comment after my first use: "they're gone!" Sure enough, they were. Granted, I used two layers to ensure I had good even coverage because it isn't a thick concealer, but it did lessen the circles and brighten my under-eye area nicely. It hasn't creased or slid off my face (I set it with a little finishing powder to make sure), and so far so good. I hope it doesn't cause clogged pores or breakouts like a few mentioned but I will update if it does. (edit: still going strong 2 weeks later, no breakouts and continues to work beautifully.)

I don't know what "Hydroxyl" is (if it's even a real thing), or if anything in this product will actually lessen my circles "with continued use" as PF claims but if it keeps working the way it has already, I'll keep using it and see if I notice any difference. I agree the squeeze-tube leaves a bit to be desired but I far prefer this type of applicator to a click-brush applicator (and the tip of the squeezy tube is soft, so it's not difficult to apply and I just blend with my finger after that). Bottom line is that I like this, it so far does what it claims but will not be a product for everyone due to the VERY pale and limited shade choices (two; pink or yellow) but it works for me and I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by heenan

ok so i loved the finish and brightning effect on this BUT pretty sure it made my skin break out in these huge swollen welts like infected pimples not normal for me ...i say that because they only popped up where i had put the concealer and its too light if it were darker it would have looked even better, too bad because this concealer brightens and makes ur skin look flawless u can use a ton and it looks so natural AND i really think my dark circles and rosacea looked better without make up with only a few days use...i took it back i had the soft yellow great color too light tho

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ajnpinkpoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an alright product. I can blend it with my finger nicely. I am pretty fair and the lightest color looks to obvious on me. Its not that its too dark, its just too yellowy for me. Also I think it looks like i'm wearing concealer up close, it creases, and it starts coming off after an hour or two. I do have oily skin though. Also, it says it will reduce under eye circles and I haven't noticed that in mine, but mine are hereditary.