October 1, 2014 | 1910 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Concealer - Fair [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by phoebe9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this concealer a month ago and have been meaning to write a review ever since- but am still on the fence about whether I actually love this concealer. I have been using mineral makeup for many years now, however struggled with mineral concealers because i do prefer liquids. So this was a risk for me but at the ridiculously cheap price i didn't care. The color is very light (maybe im not as fair as i thought) but i prefer this in a concealer, as i find they oxidize quickly and can look darker on blemishes. Its a powder so its probably suited to oilier skin types- my skin was dry when i began to use this and the powder only accentuates this. It is reassuring that it wont clog pores and i haven't broken out from it. But where it fails is its coverage. When used with a liquid foundation i found it worked much better than with another powdered mineral foundation, but all in all the coverage it offers is not great. For a mineral makeup though it isn't bad, and if you are like me and are willing to forego some coverage for the benefits of clear skin then its fine. If you have fairly clear skin anyway then this will probably be enough coverage for you. I have found a big difference in the way it looks depending on the way its applied- theres alot of getting used to it. When its applied when using a brush, use very light layers over the blemishes- maybe 2 or three- and its virtually covered.If you try to apply it all at once it doesnt work- so it tends to take a bit of time. Wouldn't recommend it for under the eyes but its fine for blemishes- I guess im still a liquid girl at heart.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite concealer. Powder doesn't make blemishes, etc. stand out where I think cream concealers do. I am loving everything by EM! None of these products irritate my skin, they match my complexion well and the prices are great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I dont know what I am doing wrong. I hate this product It has no camouflage effect on my under eyes I can not tell I have anything on. I would not recommend this product to anyone update I bought a concealer brush and now I am having better results. Not perfect but better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was reluctant to try powder concealer. Silly, silly me.
    This stuff has definitely reached HG status for me. Besides the fantastically low price (a sample jar of this, which I use daily, has lasted me well over half a year), it really covers! I've decided that, especially when it comes to blemishes, powder is far superior to cream or liquid. It really gets in there. I also love the ingredients; that is, that there aren't very many, and they're pretty natural.
    Overall, this is the best concealer I've ever used -- better than Chanel, which was my favorite until I found this!
    The only downside is the packaging. It breaks and leaks, so I can't put this in my bag, though truth be told I don't need to, as it stays on my face all day after I've applied my Stript Mineral Veil, which I also highly recommend.
    Even though my experiment with mineral foundation didn't work out, I'm glad I discovered the secret to flawless looking skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by nosethrill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this concealer. Probably the best concealer I've ever tried (and I've tried a LOT). One of the very best things about it is its paleness - for us very pale, cool-toned people, finding a non-orange concealer is frickin hard work. I love that it's quite healthy for your skin, too, with no oils or weird ingredients. A tiny amount goes a long way and the coverage is brilliant. Too pale for under my eyes - I use the multitasking concealer for there - but great for everywhere else. The only thing that puts me off buying this forever more is the stupid import charges in the UK. I got charged tax (fair enough) but also a massive 'customs handling charge' last time I ordered, which meant I paid about 50 percent again of the value of my order, which made it not such a bargain. So I've been investigating UK companies to find something similar to this product, but so far no luck - this is still the best. It would be perfect if Everyday Minerals sorted out a UK distributor!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by westcoast88

For anyone who has/had problem skin in the last this mineral powder is absolutely amazing. I've had breakouts for about 6 years (not really bad ones, but constantly, i.e. NEVER fully going away) and I have very fair skin so I'm sure for a lot of you out there in the same position you know how frustrating it is when you even get the tiniest blemish and it leaves a red mark on your face.

I've tried endless things for years to try to clear up my skin, or make up that works to properly cover up scars, nothing ever worked creme concealers just broke me out and bare minerals had me breaking out less but still breaking out plus my skin was always so oily...

I found out that everyday minerals was more natural and didn't have the mineral oil (forgot the name but someone else has posted about it) that bare minerals contains which causes sensitive skin to get irritated.

So between this and using clindoxyl gell (for breakouts, doctors prescription) my skin started clearing up so fast, now I don't even use the gell just the makeup and my skin is in great condition- and the coverage is amazing and long lasting.

**HIGHLY suggest to anyone with problem/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

Best foundation ever! Born with pasty, oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin its difficult to find the perfect foundation. With Everyday Mineral's wide selection of colors I was able to find my match. As an ex department store user, I found this brand's prices to be excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by CharlotteAmalie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I was born with dark circles, and they are incredibly cover-resistant. I started using Everyday Minerals a couple of years ago, after reading about the concealer on this site, and I'm completely enchanted by the entire face line. I was a little afraid to use a powder concealer, fearing that it would settle into my lines. That doesn't happen. This concealer covers my under-eye circles very well, yet still looks natural--not at all cakey or dry. This is also great to use over sun splotches (otherwise known as age spots) and small scars. I'm on my third or fourth container of this, and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ana_bela

I'm reviewing this as an all-over powder, not as a concealer - I have enough redness to require a liquid concealer, and enough scarring to use a powder concealer as just... powder.
    This was great for a while in the winter. I was satisfied with it for a while, until I started to get more into liquid foundations, which work so much better for me.
    I recently pulled this out to try it again, and it has no grip whatsoever in the summer heat and humidity. It was gone, just gone, within an hour, and I swear I was shinier after than I was before I put it on.
    However, I love to use EM as an additive to my liquid foundation (add a sprinkle to one pump of foundation, blend with fingers) - it amps up the coverage, blends easily, and generally helps me out. For that, I'll hold onto this super-messy container (geez) and use it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by heathersmakeupaddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer works really well for my fair skin. Sure, it is a powder so it does not give you the best coverage, but if you are young, it is an excellent product. The only gave it 4 lippies because of the packaging- I dislike these containers because they create such a mess. (I think that It has nothing to do with the packaging itself, but more to do with the user. teehee.) But, I had a sample of this product and use it everyday, so I plan to pick up a full sized one in the near future.