October 20, 2014 | 2063 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - curl-vacious

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Is this discontinued? I bought 2 bottles at Walgreen's for $2.99 each. I hope not, as I really love this product. It keeps my hair so soft and touchable yet holds very well; my "morning afters" are still fairly controlled and in good shape - just an occasional spritzing with water and reshaping needed. Love the scent, too. Don't apply too much or it becomes tacky to the touch: I have super-thick, wavy hair to my shoulders and use 2 pumps. I'm still learning about curly-styling (my hair stylist is the BEST in cutting, but she doesn't understand curly hair at all, so no help there!) but this is my routine: I towel-dry, apply 2 pumps of Curl-vacious and distribute throughout my hair. Sometimes I comb it through, sometimes I just use my hands. I clip the upper section (above ear to ear, horizontally) up and twist corkscrew curls with my fingers on the hair remaining. Then I pull out small sections from my ears up, working horizontally, and twist more sections into corkscrew or "weinercurls" (lol) until I've reached my crown. I toss in a couple of Velcro rollers up there for height, let all air dry while I apply my makeup (I have a fan wall-mounted up above my vanity, so that helps), then take the rollers out before my hair is completely dry (otherwise it's TOO hard-set) and loosen up all the curls with my fingers, shaping and piecing out individual curls. Let's see how this works come the scorching Southern summer! Thus far, I'm very pleased...and need to hunt down a couple more bottles!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lighteyes20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been straightening my hair for years and I recently decided to stop heat styling for awhile to get it back to shape..the 1st day I tried, my hair was so frizzy b/c I did not put any product in it. I went to the drug store and bought this styling cream and i really like it. It made my curls very spiral-ly and more moisturized instead of that crunchy feeling that some products give. I put one squirt in my hands, rub them together and then gently scrunch my sopping wet hair with it. I do not comb it through on recommendation from a curly hair message board. I get nice results from this. I will continue to use it and save the hair straightening for special occasions or weekends.