October 25, 2014 | 1516 users online

Foundations - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am anal about making my skin look as near perfect as possible. I don't have amazing skin - good sometimes, but not amazing. When my skin is blemish-free, I LOVE how this looks right after I apply it and top it off with light powder. Dewy, even, clean, like I just got a facial. Light-medium is a perfect match for my hard to match olive NC25-30 skin. More product, darker color. The next darker shade is reddish - not yellow based as light-medium. I've gone through a couple tubes of these - used to mix my own shades for my ever-changing skin tone....BUT it leaves my oily skin too shiny, even with Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder over it.

PROS: Very natural looking, extremely light coverage, has SPF, perfect match for NC25-30, no shiny flecks, squishy tube is great for travel.
CONS: Too sheer for my skin that has slight discoloration and occasional acne, stings my eyes if it gets too close, makes my face so dewy it looks wet.
I started using this when a makeup artist told me that as we age, less heavy makeup really looks better and fresher, and it is so true. I had been using MAC Studio Fix for years and wanted a change to something more natural looking. I've found that Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation has a bit more coverage than this, but is very natural looking with light coverage. I've been using that predominantly for years now. But on occasion I return to this Neutrogena - maybe for a weekend at home when I don't want to be totally naked faced. I wish my skin was great so I wouldn't need any foundation! This is worth trying if you have great skin that's normal to dry.
EDIT: Just gave this 2 more lippies cuz I've been wearing it for a few days and today a total stranger told me I have beautiful skin - that never happens! I think the trick is to apply with a kabuki brush...my skin looks even all day and not overly shiny - yeah!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by emilykathleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to summer foundation. It's pretty sheer and doesn't feel heavy plus it gives my face a nice glow without being too dewy looking. The SPF is great too! I have tried using this in the winter months, but it's the wrong tone when my slightly yellow toned skin is a bit pale. I can't really explain it, it just looks off. Overall, this is a great lightweight foundation and I'll be repurchasing for this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have oily skin & get tons of blemishes at the same time. While switching my skincare routine to Epiduo I still get blemishes but my skin has became very dry. While I'm someone who could use full coverage & get away without the cake face some days I just want something light. This tinted moisturizer was crap when I had oily skin. Left me so greasy with no coverage. Now that my face is very dry & all I have are really matte foundations that cling this is the perfect base for the rest of my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

Liked this at first... I don't know why. This is awful.. It's NOT WATERPROOF WHATSOEVER.. and when you touch your face it comes right off onto your fingers. Also, when you put it on your face is gets all chunky and weird. Hate it... And the fair- light should be light-medium for only people with yellow skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I bought this because I left my Asian bbcream at home when I went to a weekend trip to Seattle. I picked this up at Walgreens for about 10 bucks. I was curious on trying the western bb creams/ cc creams but I'm glad I decided to get this instead! I didn't want a heavy foundation and I needed something with SPF this was perfect! It made my skin glow and it didn't look like I had makeup on! I bought it in the lightest shade and it blended into my skin perfectly. It didn't cover up my random red pimple that came to say hello on my cheek but I didn't expect it to. (It's just a ringer moisturizer after all and I go for very sheer coverage anyway) I actually prefer this over my bb cream now it's cheaper and I don't have to get it imported :) it won't cover freckles either if anyone was wondering. It will even out skin and make you glowy! I didn't get oily at all and I didn't have to powder it or blot my face which I normally do. :D overall a great product if you like a natural no makeup look that you won't have to worry about for the entire day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was just looking for a regular tinted moisturizer/bb cream since the one I usually get was out of stock. This went above and beyond my expectations! It covers soo nicely for a tinted moisturizer and matches my skin very well. Also I'm less greasy with this product than the other product I normally use. Maybe this is a newer version of this product because I don't understand all the bad reviews. I am a medium skin tone and the shade light-medium 30 worked perfectly for me. Also the name of this product is healthy skin glow sheers illuminating tinted moisturizer. Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

I hated this product, it is horrible! It does not provide coverage for me at all. I would recommend Korean BB Cream for those who wants light coverage and no irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I am not sure why this got bad reviews. I wanted to get the Healthy Skin Enhancer 20 but the lightest color was horrible, way to dark for my skin. This however seemed to match well at the store. I bought it and tried it at home. Very lightweight sheer coverage,but enough for the summer. I like that this has retinol and can fight blemishes. I may add a touch of this to my regular foundation for the winter. Good buy. Thanks :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by humbledaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product while on vacation and realizing that I'd left my entire makeup kit at home. I just thought I would give this a try instead of my normal heavier foundations. I used this on top of the Garnier moisturizer that I was using at the time. It was okay. . I don't really need a ton of coverage but at my age I do need some. After I got home I mainly used it for days when I wasn't really going out. Anyway, fast forward to the present. I ran out of my regular foundation and reached for this product. This time, the results were terrrible. The difference is that I am now using a Neutrogena moisturizer (Rapid Tone Repair) underneath, and when I put this on top of it, it pills up. (I had hoped that the brands being the same, that there would be some compatibility.) So now I'm skipping the moisturizer entirely, and just using this. I suppose it is more like a tinted moisturizer anyway, but it doesn't say that on the packaging. Just this without moisturizer is okay, but I think for me it's best used on casual summer days. It is just not quite enough coverage for my 50+ skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel very conflicted about this product and here's why:
I first bought this after my skin had cleared up from taking antibiotics. I like it a lot - SPF coverage, just a light sheer tint to make me look "finished". When my acne started getting bad again I stopped using it as much because the coverage is (as you'd expect) not very good. But for weekends and such I'm okay with not having my zits perfectly masked, just slightly masked, but this product looks AWFUL over any zits. Its not just that it doesn't cover them - I don't even know how to describe it. It makes them MORE noticeable than nothing! Bottom line - if you have really good skin, then this is a good product for you. If you have acne prone skin and want a light coverage for weekends and such, look elsewhere! I will hold onto it in the hope that my derm prescribed lotions will banish my bad skin again.