September 2, 2014 | 1942 users online

Foundations - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by emilykathleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to summer foundation. It's pretty sheer and doesn't feel heavy plus it gives my face a nice glow without being too dewy looking. The SPF is great too! I have tried using this in the winter months, but it's the wrong tone when my slightly yellow toned skin is a bit pale. I can't really explain it, it just looks off. Overall, this is a great lightweight foundation and I'll be repurchasing for this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a bit expensive but for the amount of product you get it's worth it to me. I use the Sephora brand Anti-Shine primer first and then I add this for the soul purpose of the SPF 30 to protect my face and the moisturizer part for a daily face lotion. I of course need an additional sunscreen for the rest of my body but this tinted moisturizer is a good alternative for the face. After I apply the tinted moisturizer I go in with whatever full coverage foundation I want to use and that's it for liquid face products. Although by itself this product sucks seeing as it's too shimmery and sheer which for those purposes is good but for me I like heavy duty matte coverage. Liquid sunscreens break out my face and sting around my eyes and I have yet to find an oil free face moisturizer I actually like. This Neutrogena tinted moisturizer is the perfect balance of moisturizer and sunscreen that works great under makeup. Even though I have oily skin this product is great at adding moisture so my face doesn't feel the need to produce natural oils that make me greasy. This is literally killing two birds with one stone. Would repurchase for sure :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

Liked this at first... I don't know why. This is awful.. It's NOT WATERPROOF WHATSOEVER.. and when you touch your face it comes right off onto your fingers. Also, when you put it on your face is gets all chunky and weird. Hate it... And the fair- light should be light-medium for only people with yellow skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I bought this because I left my Asian bbcream at home when I went to a weekend trip to Seattle. I picked this up at Walgreens for about 10 bucks. I was curious on trying the western bb creams/ cc creams but I'm glad I decided to get this instead! I didn't want a heavy foundation and I needed something with SPF this was perfect! It made my skin glow and it didn't look like I had makeup on! I bought it in the lightest shade and it blended into my skin perfectly. It didn't cover up my random red pimple that came to say hello on my cheek but I didn't expect it to. (It's just a ringer moisturizer after all and I go for very sheer coverage anyway) I actually prefer this over my bb cream now it's cheaper and I don't have to get it imported :) it won't cover freckles either if anyone was wondering. It will even out skin and make you glowy! I didn't get oily at all and I didn't have to powder it or blot my face which I normally do. :D overall a great product if you like a natural no makeup look that you won't have to worry about for the entire day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was just looking for a regular tinted moisturizer/bb cream since the one I usually get was out of stock. This went above and beyond my expectations! It covers soo nicely for a tinted moisturizer and matches my skin very well. Also I'm less greasy with this product than the other product I normally use. Maybe this is a newer version of this product because I don't understand all the bad reviews. I am a medium skin tone and the shade light-medium 30 worked perfectly for me. Also the name of this product is healthy skin glow sheers illuminating tinted moisturizer. Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

I hated this product, it is horrible! It does not provide coverage for me at all. I would recommend Korean BB Cream for those who wants light coverage and no irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I am not sure why this got bad reviews. I wanted to get the Healthy Skin Enhancer 20 but the lightest color was horrible, way to dark for my skin. This however seemed to match well at the store. I bought it and tried it at home. Very lightweight sheer coverage,but enough for the summer. I like that this has retinol and can fight blemishes. I may add a touch of this to my regular foundation for the winter. Good buy. Thanks :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by humbledaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product while on vacation and realizing that I'd left my entire makeup kit at home. I just thought I would give this a try instead of my normal heavier foundations. I used this on top of the Garnier moisturizer that I was using at the time. It was okay. . I don't really need a ton of coverage but at my age I do need some. After I got home I mainly used it for days when I wasn't really going out. Anyway, fast forward to the present. I ran out of my regular foundation and reached for this product. This time, the results were terrrible. The difference is that I am now using a Neutrogena moisturizer (Rapid Tone Repair) underneath, and when I put this on top of it, it pills up. (I had hoped that the brands being the same, that there would be some compatibility.) So now I'm skipping the moisturizer entirely, and just using this. I suppose it is more like a tinted moisturizer anyway, but it doesn't say that on the packaging. Just this without moisturizer is okay, but I think for me it's best used on casual summer days. It is just not quite enough coverage for my 50+ skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel very conflicted about this product and here's why:
I first bought this after my skin had cleared up from taking antibiotics. I like it a lot - SPF coverage, just a light sheer tint to make me look "finished". When my acne started getting bad again I stopped using it as much because the coverage is (as you'd expect) not very good. But for weekends and such I'm okay with not having my zits perfectly masked, just slightly masked, but this product looks AWFUL over any zits. Its not just that it doesn't cover them - I don't even know how to describe it. It makes them MORE noticeable than nothing! Bottom line - if you have really good skin, then this is a good product for you. If you have acne prone skin and want a light coverage for weekends and such, look elsewhere! I will hold onto it in the hope that my derm prescribed lotions will banish my bad skin again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did anyone else notice glitter pieces? Its not packed with a crap ton of them, but they are definitely there and show up on the skin - gold flakes! I do not like that. My heart sunk as i was surveying the results of this product on my skin. =( On darker skin, like mine, glitter is incredibly OBVIOUS. I dont understand why companies do this. It does nothing to enhance the look and can even be a bit embarrassing >.<

That said ... I'm not going to return it. I'm hoping the antioxidant and spf benefits will outweight the disaster that is gold flakage. I love how this sinks into the skin, leaves a very nice "glowy" (not greasy) finish, and evens out my skin tone. The color I got was Medium to Tan and it works very well for my weird olive/yellow/brown skin.
Definitely still require concealer in strategic areas if you've got active breakouts or really bad scars. I think it would make a good primer for my favorite cream foundation. The real reason to buy this is for the evening out of skin color, antioxidants, and spf. I am relatively pleased.