September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Paillettes 93 Glossimer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: Light mid-tone beige pink. On the sheer side, but does add some color to the lips.

Finish: In the tube, it has a lot of shimmer and tons of tiny silver sparkles. When swatched, it becomes apparent that the shimmer is pink (a little brighter pink than the shade of the actual gloss) and the sparkles are a bit more multicolor (but still, they mostly flash silver).

Texture: Like most Glossimers, Paillettes feels comfortable, moisturizing, and very slightly sticky. The sparkles can be felt on the lips, but just barely. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't made a point to check.

Wear Length: About 4 hours, which is average for glossimers (my average for other mid to high-end glosses of similar texture is around 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

Bottom Line: I love the color in the tube, but something about it looks odd when applied. I'm not sure, but I think it may be the color of the shimmer not quite meshing with the color of the actual gloss. I almost never use the tube I have and I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by totallyfantabulous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this, the only thing is that I would have to reapply every 15min, and I'm sad to say I lost this somewhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by charmedbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my new favorite lipgloss since I bought it last month. The color is perfect for daily wear. It has a great texture that isn't too sticky. When I want a little extra Va Va Voom, I put this Chanel Glossimer over my Dior Lip Maximizer.

Unfortunately, this has been discontinued. I emailed Chanel when I couldn't find this online anymore and sure enough, Chanel confirmed this color has been discontinued. I'm so sad! Now, I hardly wear it because I want to save what is left and only wear this for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am always trying to find a pink that works with my olive skin that is opaque enough that it works on it own without a similar color lipstick to anchor it and covers my naturally dark pink lip color. This is my favorite gloss at the moment and I am just hoping its never discontinued. Change has a way of discontinuing my favorite glossimers sadly.
If you're looking for a perfect multi dimensional pink gloss that's neither barbie nor too sheer, you NEED this. I bought two just in case and will probably buy more in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

This gives me WOW lips but in a very natural, subtle way. I was truly surprised by how much the right colour can do. I am fair with highly pigmented lips and this is a soft warm pink with shimmer that gives my lips a lot of dimension. I feel like my lips have perfect lighting all the time. It is a great summer look that not only goes well with all blushes and eye makeup, it makes them look better. This is a modern way to wear gloss, a cool update for your makeup wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by reneeschex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this Glossimer. Perfect pink with shimmer. You can use this alone or over any lipstick. I love that it is thicker than other Glossimers. It stays on longer and doesn't feel wet or sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by wealthy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love love love this lip gloss! It is great for summer fresh look, and it looks young and hip for gals over 40.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Please click continued for a swtach.

This is a very pretty light pink gloss with multi-coloured shimmers. The pic didnt capture them very good but enlarging the pic may help. It is a bit similar to the Rouge Allure in Admirable from Chanel when on lips. This is not simply glossy but very shimmery. Forunate enough, shimmers in the lip gloss is rather refined and not gritty at all.

The gloss is on the sheerer side when compared to the rest of the line - providing a veil of colour. Needless to comment on the texture - gel-like with good staying power and no funny scent.

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase as to me, this is not an essential color like Praline and the other 2 shades of glossimer in the pic. This is a bit too much shimmer that I can accept as well. Anyhow, this is a pretty shade that I think I'm going to keep until I find a less shimmery one.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lip gloss. The color is so natural and gives a nice shimmer. I really like Chanel lip glosses cause they do not have a funny plastic taste, unlike Laura Mercier lip glosses. You can also layer this gloss on lipsticks to totally change the color or use lipliner to alter the color. Very versatile and a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by HedonicGirL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This beautiful shimmery nudish-pink gloss looks great alone on bare lips or on top of any shade of lipstick as a neutralizer or to add a shimmery glossy sheen! LUV it!!! One day I wore it into a MAC store and the makeup girl even complimented me on my lipgloss color and asked what color it was ^_^