Rimmel Lasting Finish - Asia

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an almost perfect lipstick that I always go back to. It hasn't gone bad in over a year; it gives a glowing (not iridescent or glittery) natural lip that is pale but not ghostly, it wears for several hours and has no smell or taste. It has better wear than most lipsticks. It's still on after 4 hours including eating lunch. With a slightly darker lip liner pencil it is even more gorgeous. This has no hint of orange or fuchsia or purple or brown, and it's not a barbie pink or a baby pink at all. I guess I'd call it a muted light mauve. Nor is it sheer, drying or caking, like some of the Revlon and L'Oreal lipsticks in similar shades. It's very much like Kate Moss 105 but that one is matte and this one is creamy. This is a nice relief from the complicated glossy liquid lips I've been trying out. This is so low maintenance and normal. It could have come out in 1965. That is how old fashioned it is. I think I have a spare one but I may go and get another if they still make them.

Update: there were none in my stores - I am afraid they are discontinued but will keep searching. In three stores I went to, the shade selection still included other old ones like Independent, Kasbah and Airy Fairy, that have been around for many years. So I am hopeful that I'll locate Asia somewhere.

Gorgeous mauve shade which looks very good on my nc42 skin. The colour is very opaque and creamy.

this shade and vintage pink I always repurchase. This is a gorgeous everyday colour looks better with lipliner underneath. stays put.

Rimmel lipsticks are my HG lipsticks, hands down... So many pros with no cons really... Here are my thoughts on their lipsticks

-this particular shade appears pinkish on my lips and it's great for every day use
- the texture of rimmel lipsticks is satin... The lipstick will glide easily and evenly on your lips with no patching
- it will stay on your lips for a good amount of time and when it wears off it won't be ugly looking
- almost every shade of rimmel lipstick is a great shade of color
- it won't dry out your lips
- the color won't oxidize to a darker shade, it will remain as you first applied it
- thanks to the texture of their lipstick you won't necessarily need a lip liner on your lips

I hope they don't discontinue this line of lipsticks

Finally found an alternative to my hg Heather Shimmer, also Rimmel. I have worn this for years but now feel it is just a bit to dark for me in my advancing years! Enter Asia, a pretty browny nude colour with no sparkles. The perfect everyday shade especially if like me you are pale. I love this lipstick and will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My very first lipstick i have bought and im on my second tube!! Looks so natural for medium/brown skin tone.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

One of my all-time favourite everyday lipsticks, it adds a beautiful pinky-mauve colour which isn't OTT. Super versatile and really complements my pale skin tone. It has a nice satin finish, and while it's not really moisturising, it also doesn't dry out my lips. Not the longest-lasting lipstick (despite the name), but then it doesn't wear off unevenly, so I don't really mind. Love the smell of Rimmel lipsticks too. Definite repurchase, I need to buy a backup of this in case they ever discontinue it!

I love this colour, really enhances the natural colour of my lips and it's not too pink. It's a little bit drying so I have been using paw paw ointment underneath. The staying power isn't that great but I like the colour so much that I will repurchase!

This is a pinkish-brown shade, which is great for every day wear. It is somewhere in the nude family. I absolutely LOVE this color, and have been wearing it forever. It goes with everything, day OR night.

The formula is a creamy matte, with no sparkles at all. It is fabulous for a natural look or vamped up with a smoky eye. I will continue to buy this product, as I love Rimmel lipsticks.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

As always- Rimmel's texture and scent is my fave from all lipsticks, DS or high end. This is a colour you'd have to try before buying - if it is not right for you, Paradise is more mauve-brown, Just so is a brighter, still muted, pink. If you're looking for a nude, Undressed might be it. This is a neutral rose pink that is very flattering on me. Appropriate for any occasion. I think best for serious environments, I prefer slightly brighter colours on myself generally. Would repurchase. If this exact item were in a Chanel or Dior tube, ppl wd go crazy for it.

Recommended for Medium Skin