August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Fragrance - Aquolina - Blue Sugar

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

To be fair, I really should've known this would not be for me, since I passionately hate the original Pink Sugar. But I was intrigued by the licorice in the description, and thought also that since it's marketed as a man's fragrance the whole thing might be toned down.

When my samples arrived, the moment I opened the box I was practically thrown across the room. They were even bundled in bubble wrap, and it was still overpowering! So yeah, the strength is not lacking here.

As for the scent itself, I can't even...all the sweetness of PS plus some generic cologne scent. I could smell some licorice to be fair, but I could not get this stuff away from me fast enough. I had to throw it in the outside garbage so it wouldn't permeate the house.

I don't care whether a fragrance is geared toward a man or woman...I like some "girly" ones and many that are thought of as unisex. That's not the issue here. I don't care who I smelled this on...I would honestly have to stay a mile away from them. It could be the hottest, most awesome person ever, and I'd run away screaming before I puked all over them.

I always want to add the caveat here that I'm not discounting the fact that body chemistry can change scents radically. So if this works on you, awesome, truly. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

Men, please wear this. While at work a man came into my shop wearing this. Sexy. I didn't even think for a moment he may be gay. Sexy-licious. It smells like graham crackers a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous! Quite A feminine scent. Its as though the cloying notes of Pink Sugar - the heavy vanilla and fruits have been taken out. Whats left is a warm chocolatey/patch licorice. It reminds me of A Star Men but Blue Sugar is subtle and soft. Plus it lasts all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by kafutul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a lovely unique scent, it's sweet yet spicy and really lasts,simply love it love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ritatir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When every my hubby puts this on - he know he can get away with just about anything..
I find it hard to believe this perfume for women - but on the right man... OH LORD!!
I have always been addicted to liquorice - having hubby smelling like a hot chunck of my favourite sent.. well do I need to say more??

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Ice9grrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading reviews on this, i had to try it for myself. Luckily, one can find the larger size for pretty cheap nowadays. I agree that it smells very similar to Angel, which I like and am out of, so score on that. I primarily smell the vanilla, patchouli, and what they list as "cedar" (or a woodsy smell) - but it is also very reminiscient of Pink Sugar (but more complex, as noted in below reviews). The atomizer produces a very fine mist, which is nice. I am really glad about this purchase. And yes, I too, am a GIRL!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JanuaryGarnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not much of a fan of sweet scents, or licorice, but I love this! It reminds me of ginger snaps. The cotton candy and licorice blend seamlessly and make this a wonderful scent for men and women. After trying this, I might try Pink Sugar.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Jessmoberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

DH wears blue sugar a lot, and I like it on him. It's not my favorite, but it certainly is very sweet; I'm happier to have him in a sweet sort of thing than a generic citrus or fake-smelling aquatic. It's a refreshing change from normal men's scents and also goes just fine on women if Pink Sugar's sweetness was too much for you!

When it soaks into fabric, though, beware - it takes on a very unpleasant musty note.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by FashionistaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this fragrance is like a sexier version of pink sugar. At first spray it does smell like licorice, but once it dries down I can't smell notes of licorice at all.
I'm very "girlie" and I've been wearing this scent almost everyday since purchasing. But I do think a man could also pull it off.
Reminds me a lot of alien or angel by Theirry Mugler. Or a little like Lolita Lempika even.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by charlieshaw

I love Blue Sugar! Smells like sweet sugary licqourice and vanilla! Very sweet, which is perfect for me as I'm a teen! Brilliant staying power and I always get compliments, love, love, love, love, love it!