December 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

I have officially fallen in love with this product. I wear it with Murad SPF 15 Mattifier, and either Mac Prep & Prime or Meow Cosmetics Finishing Powder in Oily Skin.

My color is Naughty Abyssinian. It's a great match for me. I don't know my foundation color, but my neck is a very warm light toned yellow, and Naughty Abyssinian transforms my super pale pink face into my neck color. It looks very dark in the jar, but I find that these powders tend to run light. For reference, Bare Minerals Golden Fair is too light for me. (Sorry, does that help?)

It's been really frustrating to find my color, as so many foundations out there are pink. I have worn Missha BB Cream in No. 21, and liked the shade but god it makes me so pink and grey. Now I can just layer Meow Cosmetics over all the products that normally make me pink! I am really thrilled with the color match. So I was dreading the wear time, as I am very oily, but... let's just go through all the pros.

PROS: Great color match!
- Great wear time. I'm only a bit shiny after 8 hours, and only in my t-zone. This even beats Rimmel Stay Matte in terms of wear
- Doesn't emphasize the dryness on my nose. Doesn't cling too much to dry flakes
- Large lid is great for swirling my Ecotools powder brush

CONS:
- a bit expensive, but still not at high-end prices
- The plastic jar is annoying to close. It's a screw top, but the plastic squeaks. Also, the powder is packed in so tightly at first. I taped half the holes, and just carried it around in my purse for one day to loosen it up. Seems to work
- It takes forever to ship to me. 10 whole days. I know, I'm dramatic
- Coverage is not the best... I will use Rimmel Stay Matte underneath when I want more coverage. But then again, my skin has only been bad recently. I hope to get it back to normal soon

Overall, I love the product and will definitely buy again when I run out. I will also try to post swatches up later, because this line doesn't have enough swatches!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meow Cosmetics claims "Pampered Puss has the same coverage, texture and feel of our original Purrr-fect Puss, but it's formulation has been completely redesigned with the most delicate and irritation prone skin in mind."

I enjoyed Purrr-fect Puss (their lowest coverage formula), but wanted something with heavier coverage for bad skin days so I tried a sample of this. It has medium coverage, layerable for more (although not buildable to the same level as their Flawless/heavy coverage formula), however it does not feel quite the same on my skin as their Purrr-fect Puss formula does.

I have dehydrated-to-normal skin, and I find Pampered Puss more drying than the Purrr-fect formula, and it also doesn't quite meld with my skin the same way. I can feel this formula sitting on my face.

This isn't a bad option by any means if you're looking for a layerable powder foundation with medium coverage, but in my opinion it doesn't meet the expectations set forth by the product description. It may also be better suited to normal-to-oily skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by 12catcrazy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Me - 57 years old, rosacea, "fine" lines (look like wrinkles to me), breakouts, broken veins, dry, sensitive skin. I need coverage, yet so many products break me out.

I've been using mineral makeup for pretty close to 9 years and have tried so many. Monave was my HG for many years and I've been recently using Sterling Minerals delicate foundation, which I like, but is expensive (and I use ALOT of the stuff). So I decided to re-try Meow after first trying it years ago.

I ordered samples in 6 colors and most would have worked. The Meow site promises that Pampered Puss is for sensitive skin and offers "buildable coverage", and boy, did that sound good!

Unfortunately, for me, there was very little coverage, buildable or otherwise with this foundation. I tried it dry and I tried it wet - nada. Looked almost as if there was nothing on my skin, which was okay on my forehead, which looks like normal skin, but not for the rest of my face.

This is a very nice makeup if you have average skin which needs some evening out or if you have a couple of blemishes which can be spot concealed. In that case, Meow Pampered Puss will make you look as if you have perfect skin without looking like makeup and I'd say to give it a try (the samples are cheap enough). If you need something heavier duty, pass this one up.

I'm giving it 3 lippies because it's price is great and if your skin is fairly decent, you'll probably like it alot. It also comes in something like 80 shades from very pale to dark, so you'll probably also find a match. This company also makes some really nice blushes and eye shadows in a gazillion colors so the website is worth looking at. I just wished this foundation had worked out better for me. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really sad that this product didn't work for me. I'm a fan of Lucy Minerals but Meow seems to have a bit better deal when it come to international shipping, so I gave it a try. I ordered a ton of samples, a few other goodies. I also ordered one of the heavy coverage formulas, Flawless Feline.
Pampered Puss, to me, had about the same coverage as a cheap pressed powder, no matter how many layers I did. It also gave me the itchies (somewhat common with some mineral foundations). Of the 9 samples I ordered, I didn't find one that was a good match. The powders tended to a lot lighter than I expected. To give reference, I tend to be the second lightest colour in many makeup lines for powders and liquid foundations.
In my husbands words, when I wore Meow, he said he could tell I was wearing makeup but when I wear Lucy, he doesn't think I'm wearing makeup. FYI In Lucy Minerals I'm a Light Medium.
Back to Lucy I go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

BEFORE: to prime my skin, I use Face of Australia tinted moisturiser in medium (light coverage with SPF 15+), and if I'm aiming for full coverage which looks airbrushed but not heavy/cakey, I will dot Cinema Secrets corrector on the problem areas & buff it in with the tinted moisturiser using the good old Sigma F80. I then blot around my eyes to prevent creasing.

CONSISTENCY: absolutely no idea what planet the reviewers who say the formulation is glittery are from, but this is matte with no glitter and has been for the 12 months I've been buying it. I prefer some 'glow' in my foundation, so I add Meow's Crystalline Cat Glow Powder which provides a pearlescent sheen (I have also reviewed this & awarded it HG status).

APPLICATION METHOD: I lightly apply the Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation around my eyes first, and then gently buff using the Body Shop Face & Body Brush. Repeat over the rest of my face.

AFTER: I apply bronzer, blush & highlighter then buff everything to gorgeous, airbrushed perfection with the Body Shop Brush mentioned above. Topped off my a light misting of Skindinavia Bridal Formula setting spray, or NYX Dewy Finish setting spray.

COLOUR MATCH? As other reviewers have mentioned, there are so many shades/formulations it's almost impossible to choose. I made great use of the $1 samples & I mix my own shades now which is great for when the seasons change my skin tone from pasty to tanned. Frisky Manx (frisky = light, Manx = yellow/peach) is a good NC15/20 match & the predominant shade I use when mixing my winter base.

ALSO: when I first experimented with Meow Mineral Foundation I tried the 'Flawless' (heavy coverage) formulation first because my skin tone is uneven with some acne scarring. While I want my skin to look flawless, I found the formulation to be too heavy. I've now switched to 'Pampered' (medium/buildable coverage) which is just right. Maybe one day I'll try the 'Purrr-fect' (light/medium) range..

RE-PURCHASE? I already have, many times! Postage to Australia is very reasonable and the longest it has taken to arrive is 5 weeks, and the quickest is 2 weeks.

OVERALL: I've had almost zero breakouts since switching to Meow Mineral Foundation (now it's only the odd monthly blemish). Much as I love Kevyn Aucoin SSX, the main ingredient is petrolatum which equals Cloggy McCloggington and resulted in awful cystic acne which scars horribly on my skin type. Since discovering MakeupAlley 2 years ago, I've become more adventurous in trying new (cruelty-free!) products & will probably keep trying other foundations etc because why not? But I think this will remain an HG for me regardless.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jcbalint

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon Meow cosmetics by chance, so long ago that I don't remember where.
But I have gone through at least half a dozen (full/large) jars of their foundation in that time, and would hereby like to make sure such a great company & products gets their praise for their great product & innovation (in colours & tones & undertones) which is so unlike any other mineral foundation company.

Also (through my belated reviews) I want to say thank you to all MakeupAlley members for their reviews, which have saved me (and others) so much money over the years by sorting out the "Stars" from the "Duds" out there. It is through our reviews that great companies & products & innovation are supported - as they should be - and duds are consigned to the trash.

Meow was great with their advice & samples, as an NC20, I ended up a "3-Naughty Manx".
I ordered both the Full coverage (Flawless Feline) and the Medium (Pampered Puss). Both are matte and do not contain nanoparticles. The full coverage version did not agree with my skin (felt heavy and itchy by the end of the day), although it produced a truly flawless/airbrushed finish. The medium coverage is what I've been using ever since. It is buildable into more coverage, as long as skin is moisturised & properly primed beforehand (just give it a few minutes between applications).

As long as you can persevere in finding the right colour (and I doubt there is a person out there for whom they cannot match a foundation colour), I think there is little to complain about. There is no shine/mica, it is long lasting, did not break me out or get itchy, and did not change colour or texture throughout the day (and we have some hot & humid summers here in Australia). Even their jars are huge and good value compared to many other mineral foundation companies.

Meow regularly runs Specials (Mother's Day, Christmas, Easter, LOL! any excuse, really!) for existing customers & and as an international customer I stock up during those times, as shipping charges are greatly reduced during such promotions.

Negatives? Absolutely none. I'm a customer for life!
Many thanks & keep up the great work!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After many (many) trials with various mineral foundations, I bought this online and had zero hope that the color or formulation would work for me. I am happy to report that I am no longer a cynic. The color match is perfect. The coverage is perfect. I do not itch or break out from this, to the contrary, my skin is clearer then it has ever been while using a foundation. It takes hours and hours before I have any oil break through. It does not settle into fine lines or pores. REALLY well done Meow Cosmetics. I am a fan for life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I wasn't too impressed but I've grown to like this. I used Everyday Minerals (EDM) for years but decided to switch to this because I was having such a hard time finding a good color match with EDM.

I took a few photos of myself and emailed them to their color help team. They recommended Siamese, Korat, and Abyssinian in the 0 and 1 depth (they thought 2 would be a little to dark). I couldn't bring myself to spend a minimum order of $10 plus $4.35 shipping for samples, so I found someone to swap with me. Abyssinian is ridiculously light/white but Siamese and Korat are both good and very true to the description given on the website. I am right in between Sleek (1 depth) and Frisky (2 depth) in Korat (golden beige) but I anyway went with Frisky Korat because I wear a lot of physical sunscreen which turns me white.

I mix a small amount of this foundation with my Shiseido sunscreen and it takes a way a bit of that white cast. Then I take a brush and go over my whole face after my sunscreen sets. It adds just a bit of color and warmth back to my face. This foundation leaves no visible sparkle.

PROS: awesome range of colors, wonderfully natural finish, no shiny skin after hours of wear, reasonably priced for full sizes
CONS: expensive samples, slow shipping, no returns on purchases

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited for this product and was ready to love it. I have it in Sphynx, and I loved that they had a shade light enough for me! Right after application, I love it and think it looks perfect, but a couple hours later, the color's different, it has a different feel and I can't wait to get it off. I'm not particularly oily and I've tried using different toners, primers, and going bare underneath this foundation, but it's always the same: it looks terrible after a couple hours of wear. I also bought their finishing powder, hoping that'd make a difference, but it definitely doesn't. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lizbobiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

PRODUCT: Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation Samples in Various Shades/Undertones

OVERALL RATING: 9/10

Pampered Puss is the Medium/Heavy Coverage Mineral Foundation offered by Meow Cosmetics. I ordered samples (1/4 tsp.) of this product in the following undertones and shades:

- Siamese (neutral undertone) in 0-Inquisitive (lightest shade)
- Chausie (cool pink undertone) in 0-Inquisitive (lightest shade)
- Bengal (cool beige undertone) in 0-Inquisitive (lightest shade)
- Bengal (cool beige undertone) in 1-Inquisitive (very light shade)
- Snow Lynx (white, no undertones)

PROS:

- SHADE/UNDERTONE VARIETY (10/10): An amazing array of both undertones and shades! Fourteen undertones are offered, each in seven different shades (not including the Snow Lynx foundation, which is pure white without undertones, and comes in one shade). I am extremely fair, and am often a lighter shade than what is offered in drugstore brands; I was very pleased with the wide range of shades and undertones! I found a foundation that is not only white enough for me, but didn't seem to yellow or pink on my skin!

- COVERAGE (8/10): I really liked the coverage! It was easy to apply a thin layer for light coverage and build in the areas where I needed more. The product didn't build too quickly either, and it was easy to avoid overapplication. However, what was even more exciting to me was that the product didn't appear to sit on top of my skin. When I looked at my skin closely in the mirror, it was hard to tell that I had applied foundation, even in the areas of heavy coverage; it didn't mask my skin at all and had a really natural look to it. It did take a little long to build up heavier coverage, but I would much rather have the foundation build slowly than too quickly.

- PACKAGING (9/10): The packaging was very cute! Each 1/4 tsp. sample came in a little re-sealable plastic bag with a homemade label, all of which were wrapped together in leopard-print tissue paper. Also, a personal thank you was handwritten on the receipt, with my name and everything! The company is obviously an independent one, and the fact that they took the time to personally thank me for ordering was a really nice touch.

- PRICE (8.5/10): I was very pleased with the price! I expected an indie company to charge more, but the samples were only $1.00 each! Not only that, but they had a special shipment price of $8.00 for an order of all samples (to Canada)! Besides the samples, the foundations come in two sizes, the Munchkin size (6-8 grams of product) and Full size (22-30 grams of product), which are $14.75 and $25.45 respectively. I typically spend this much or more on foundation, so I think this is a great deal, and I will be ordering a full size and doing a review on that soon!

- INTERACTION WITH SKIN (9/10): The product didn't break me out or clog my pores at all! Not only that, but it felt very nice and light on my skin.

- DURABILITY (9/1)): The product lasted throughout the day (about ten hours) without looking "melty", without reapplication! I use a primer under my foundation, which definitely helps my makeup to stay in place; however, even with a primer, many foundations will start to look gross 6-8 hours after application as I sweat, as if it's sitting on top of the grease on my skin (you know, when you talk on your phone and get a nice big streak of melted foundation on your screen). I really liked how the product stayed where it was supposed to and kept its matte finish.

- INGREDIENTS (10/10): I don't usually pay a ton of attention to the ingredients in makeup, but I thought it was notable that the foundation only had four ingredients (Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides). The foundation didn't clog my pores or break me out, and felt really nice and light on my skin, so I assumed the product's short list of ingredients and lack of perfume had a lot to do with it!

- FREE EXTRAS: I ordered the shades mentioned above, as well as another six foundation samples for my sister, all in the same order. They sent me two free bonus samples, a blush and a bronzer! They weren't exactly my shade, but they suited my sister well, and who doesn't love free stuff!

CONS:

- I know this isn't a true "con", but I typically don't like powder foundation as much as a liquid or mousse. I get dry skin in winter, and powder always tends to look worse on dry skin. However, the product was so great otherwise that I'm willing to deal with the fact that it's a powder foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No