August 1, 2014 | 1777 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Baby Bee No Tear Shampoo and Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I was instructed by my ophthalmologist to clean my eyes out once a day (minimum!) w baby shampoo & that is how he rec's taking off eye makeup, but I use waterproof eye makeup so I take it off evenings w a makeup towelette.....but this is perfect for using in the mornings on my eyes w a soft washcloth to get all the night gunkies out of my eyes. I wash my face w a cleanser like Clinique then I save the Burt's Bees for my eyes & it's really helped w my chronic dry eye & I have a cataract & also very sensitive eyes. I use an antibiotic ointment twice a day (long term use), so it's good for cleaning off the residue & doesn't irritate my eyes. Luv the scent!! It's like vanilla & apricots. I haven't found anything better for cleansing around my eyes. It really is no tears!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great scent. Bought this one for my kids but i used it myself all the time

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by skeptic11

This was a no brainer when my son was small - he has very sensitive skin and the shampoo and the body wash from Burt's Bees gave him no irritation when everything else for a few years did.
No dry skin, rashes or bumps or crying about eyes hurting. That is a big contrast with other baby washes that are big popular drugstore brands but left him rashy.
This is highly recommended even though it is pricey for sensitive llittle ones.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by MJelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product. I bought it for my 5yr old daughter, she has fine blond hair, which sometimes are frizzy (depending of weather). This shampoo did nothing good for her. First of all, it irritates her eyes, which is not acceptable for baby shampoo. The second, it produces a very little lather, so I nad to add product again and again to wash her hair properly. And finally, when we went to the hairdresser to cut her hair a little bit, she said that my daughter has a lot of residue on her hair and needs a proper shampoo, not this crap.
My daughter visit pool lessons around 3 times a week, and this shampoo obviously not enough to clean salt and chlorine residure. Prabably this shampoo is ok for babies, but I tried to use it myself several times and noticed that my hair tend to look oily, not clean and not shiny even after wash and blowdry.
At the same time this shampoo is selling in Australia for more than 15$ which is ripoff for such a decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for me to use for travel -since it is an all-in-one that's gentle and sulfate-free. My grandmother kept a bottle on hand for my baby cousin, and I used it a couple times at her house in a pinch so I knew I liked it. Well, I guess they changed formulas. This one is very strongly scented (I am extremely sensitive to scents) and strips my hair. It lathers nicely, though, and the scent goes when you rinse. I will probably just use the bottle up as body wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

Much better then J&j's anything (as they use petrochemicals and test on animals). This is no tears and natural so it's great for babies! Clean smelling as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jennabonita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!! For a long time I used no more tears, but upon further inspection realized there were some pretty nasty additives that I was not completely comfortable with.

You always know when you buy a Burt's Bees product that it will consist of safe, all natural ingredients. While this is important for me in my skin care decisions, it is even more important for anything I use on my baby.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

I've been a big fan of Burt's Bees Baby Bee products. I especially loved the Shampoo Bar, but since it was discontinued I tried this shampoo and body wash. It works great as a body wash - a little goes a long way! However, it's not as great as a shampoo. It suds nicely but it gets the hair *too* squeaky clean - so squeaky it turns hair into a tangled mess at the slightest touch. Ever over-washed your hair so much that it felt like straw even when still wet? That's what this does to my little daughter's hair. She is learning to wash her own hair and loves that it foams up easily, but the tangles afterward are too much for me to continue using this. This one's a miss.

UPDATE - I figured out to make this work as a shampoo. First I use this on my daughter as a body wash and then simply scoop and pour the bath water over her hair. In this diluted form it cleans the hair easily without overdrying or tangling. Follow with an all-over head and body rinse. So I'll increase my overall rating to 4. I still would not repurchase, though, since the directions clearly tell you to use this like a standard adult shampoo. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let my start off by saying that I bought this product for myself, not a baby.
I really wanted to like this product because it's completely sulfate free. The good news is that it lathers up quite nicely, especially for a sulfate free shampoo. Also good is that it does a great job at cleaning my hair. It feels absolutely squeeky clean. These two factors earned this another lippy. The bad news is that this stuff makes my hair tangle up sooo badly. My hair just feels like rope after washing with this, especially at the roots of my hair. This surprised me as this is supposed to be such a gentle shampoo & looking at the ingredientslist it really should be. But this makes my hair feel worse than after washing with a sulfate shampoo.
Putting in a lot of conditioner does help with the tangles, but I don't like to put conditioner at my roots (where the most tangles are) because it makes my hair greasy. Also, I just flat out don't want to put up with it because my hair normally doesn't tangle at all.
So I had high expectations for this, but I was let down. I will be using this as a body wash from now on. I wouldn't want to use this on my baby either. Maybe just as a body wash, but not as a shampoo. I would not buy again.
Edit: I just noticed that the ingredients listed on my bottle are not the same as the ones listed here. So I guess I have the new formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by KrysLeigh

I have used this wash for my son since he was born and he is 6 now:) Great stuff!