August 23, 2014 | 1891 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Momo conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This nasty green piece of glob with the nasty smell is actually a very decent conditioner. Good enough to overlook the gross smell! It's easy to work with, easy to distribute in hair and it rinses out reasonably well. Results in very manageable, silky, glossy soft hair, from the first use. Sometimes it's hard to stop running hands through hair, it's that nice! Does not necessarily need the Momo shampoo (that one is a bit average) to achieve the result, so it's a good stand-alone conditioner. Only negative points are that it needs a good cleansing shampoo as it manages to build up rather quickly and the fragrance is unpleasant and does not really fade away. Other than that it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by mcrish

My hair is of medium thickness (have plenty of hair but each strand is not terribly thick), ombre-highlighted, and chest-length.

This stuff ain't cheap. There's no getting around it.

BUT ... I've used this only twice now, and have seen noticeable differences in my hair. It's more manageable to blow out, combs right through once I'm out of the shower, and my hair continues to feel soft after I'm done blowing out my hair. My hair feels silky when rinsing this out, and not like an oil-slick like you get with cheap conditioners that just coat your hair in stuff. I've used it with John Masters Organics Evening Primrose shampoo (I'm VERY particular about hair products ... must be as close to chemical- and soap-free as possible and high quality) and have had great results.

But again, like I said, this stuff costs quite the buck. I purchased it at the salon counter after an appointment without knowing the price. Had I known the price, I probably wouldn't have bought it. :/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MoMo conditioner is for Dry and Damaged hair. Sadly, this is the WORST thing I've used on my hair since drugstore cheap-crap (some $1.50 product for Dry and Damaged hair). Made my hair gummy when wet. Used with the matching shampoo AND with a different shampoo and still gummy. Applied usual styling products, blew it out and wow, a nightmare: frizzy as hell, felt dry and coarse.

CAN NOT say how bad this was. Now, maybe if I didn't have dry, coarse hair that is colored to begin with, it would be great. But if you're buying based on the recommendation/type of hair you have that is on the product, HOLY MOLY.. this is the WORST thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by vbparry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine, wavy hilighted hair that is very easily tangled & damaged. I bought this conditioner on the advice of a stylist and I cannot overstate how useless this product was for my hair type.

I really wanted to like it, but after rinsing it out, I couldn't even run a wide tooth comb through my hair. I had to get back in the shower and soak my hair in Sebastian Penitrait mask to get it untangled! I'm happy that it worked for other people, but if you have hair like mine, you might want to make sure you can return it before you fork out your hard earned cash!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by khairun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Thick, green, comforting, works. I like it enough. I like the texture and it does soften my hair and I use it daily. I just wish it was better packaged (it could be worse though, the jar could not seal tight and have water leak in all the time, so good thing it does) and that you get more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this with the Momo shampoo. (read review for that)
The conditioner is great! I tease my hair (not jersey style) But a few here and there with hairspray, usually in the shower i have to brush my hair out with conditioner, but with this. no way! it takes all the tangles out..your hair will feel silky and bouncy! I'm surprised at some of the bad reviews, but everyone's hair is different. =)
I was hooked on the sample, I ordered a tub last night....yes a tub.. Not crazy about getting a tub of conditioner I wish it was a bottle like the shampoo.
It Is very very pricey, well for me it is for an 8oz.. but i figured id splurge for the little ones before i decide to buy the huge bottles as ive been using cheap sham+cond lately (kpak keratins)
If your thinking of getting a duo, i would defiantly do research online before running to the salon to buy it for top price. usually you can find promo codes and things :) love them!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this a 2-week trial in tandem with its equally disastrous counterpart: Momo Shampoo. I didn't find the conditioner quite as egregious as I did the shampoo, but it was still a costly failure. I liked its consistency, which was thick enough that I could place it precisely where I wanted it to go, which allowed me to concentrate on the ends of my hair and other rough spots. It had an immediate smoothing effect, but that didn't translate to better hair once it was dried and styled. Maybe the thick consistency was the reason Davine's thought that packaging a product you keep in the shower in a tub was a good idea. Every time I had to scoop some out, I would get water in it. Ew.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

Momo is thick, creamy, green, fresh-smelling and somewhat moisturizing. I use it with the matching shampoo. I get better results when I use the shampoo and conditioner together. Using the conditioner alone doesn't give me the end result I want. My hair is thick, coarse, curly and I heat style everyday. My hair is left shiny and soft and bouncy. I would repurchase the conditioner and the shampoo as a set, but wouldn't purchase on their own. I hate the packaging. I dropped the jar and it cracked so I had to put it in another container. Why they can't put it in a tube is beyond me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by redhotpaprika

PROS:
- leaves hair shiny
- gorgeous fresh green scent
- creamy texture, easy to apply

CONS:
- very light, not enough moisture
- strong smell that lingers

OTHER THOUGHTS:
I've just finished a tub of this conditioner and I am not too impressed with it. It's very light and isn't effective enough to keep my normal virgin hair moisturized on a daily basis. If used together with Davines Momo Shampoo it left my hair dry and unruly. Overall I would recommend it for oily/normal hair only. Price-wise, Redken Clear Moisture Conditioner produces the same results but costs less. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

See my review of the smoothing fluid purple stuff. I like this too; it's reminds me of mayonaise but much better! It's super thick and moisturizing, which is wonderful for my super dry, very curly hair. I use it with the Love shampoo once a week and I use the purple stuff after. Using these products has really helped my hair be in better condition. I only wish this smelled like the purple fluid, but otherwise it's an awesome conditioner. I would guess this is surely not for people with very fine hair that gets easily greasy or weighed-down. My hair is fine but very voluminous and fluffy and frizzy so this does a good job of moisturizing and calming it. Plus it's so thick you don't need much and it lasts for a long time. Highly recommended line.

EDIT: I'm off silicones, and my hair is better for it. This is loaded with them, and basically worked by coating it. It claims to be natural, but I don't care where dimethicone or other kinds of silicone come from, I don't want it in my conditioner. If you have curly hair, use caution with this line, lots of sulfates and silicones. I recommend Trader Joe's instead.