September 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Styling Products - Davines - Relaxing Fluid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My daughter has really fine, cotton candy kind of hair. Recently, my stylist suggested that she try Davines Relaxing Fluid. This stuff has worked wonders on her hair. It feels much thicker and glossier. The smell is fairly unpleasant and lasts all day, but if you can get past the scent it's a great product for fine hair. Use only a tiny bit though or it will probably weigh your hair down.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is for the NEW version called obnoxiously "This is a Relaxing Fluid". I absolutely adored the original version in a red tube. It was the only hair product I emptied several tubes of and was magical. Smoothing, styling, volume, yet absolutely weightless. Light peachy scent, just perfect! Now, the new version smells like strong mens' cologne, makes my hair heavy and greasy-feeling. I'm mystified by Davines' new marketing and products. Gone are the bright, appealing packages with catchy names. Instead, there are generic tubes with a cheap patterned sticker that looks like my camp-counselor art from the 90s. The names start with "This is...", (ie "This is a Strong Hold Gel") in difficult, small font. I am no marketing expert, hopefully they did research? I can't imagine any professional straining their eyes to see tiny writing on similar tubes with lengthy, esoteric names. The salon I buy products from were disappointed by the Relaxing Fluid switch. Gone are my favourite products! Oh Davines, you broke my heart! Why the changes??

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by amandab

Enjoying this as a change from Kerastase Nectar Thermique... It works well to make my hair less bouffy and frizzy. Natural wave is still there though... Definitely have found that the less you use, the better the result. I tend to now just rub a very small dab between my hands and spread through my hair. More than that and my hair looks slightly greasy and weighed down. Will be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kmkssm

I have been using this product along with the smoothing shampoo and conditioner from Davines for the past year. I love the way my hair feels and the great look after the blow dry. There is good slip without being greasy unfortunately thats where the love affair ends. This does not stand up to the humidity in SC but I have not found anything that does. My hair begins to puff up shortly after going outside. It worked great in the winter when the humidity was lower ( Still had to use flat iron ) but as soon as the sticky humidity started poof there went my hair. I use a great flat iron by Paul Mitchell and even using both does not stop the frizz. For reference my hair is shoulder length, super curly and thick, color/ highlighted. This product would probably work for many but for hair like mine in our high humidity here on the coast/ beach area it cannot beat the frizz. My hair gets a limp frizzy look due to being straightened with the flat iron ,believe me its not pretty to look at. My stylist added Wizard non-oil on my last visit that didn't help either. Still looking......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Excellent product- a little bit goes a long way and smoothes my thick, fairly straight hair perfectly. Althoug it doesn't claim it, I also find it provides enough hold for decent style. My hair feels so much softer without being weighed down. Amazing! I bought it in Toronto at my salon for about $25 for a big tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sterling2008

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know this is cheesy, but I have waited 57 years for this product. I absolutely love it. I have very curly hair that tends to frizz. This product completely keeps my hair from frizzing. It is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by EtherealArtistry09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best relaxing balm/cream since phytorelaxant!

a small amount goes a long way. i find people over use these types of products, and they become too heavy. This stuff has a great slip to it for blow drying. But also if i air dry my hair and wear it wavy, put it in towel dried hair and it helps to keep it from getting big or frizzy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by L03VIK01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A good product, tames my frizzy hair but fails to keep my hair straight in humid weather. An aspect I did not like is that it tends to build up in my hair and leave it kind of sticky despite regularly using a clarifying shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodHobbie

I love this product so much for my baby fine but tons of it hair here in HUMIDITY HELL HOUSTON TX!

The only con I have about this product is that the opening spout to squirt product out is quite wide so you have to be very careful not to squeeze out too much, but i can definitely handle that and I love that all the packaging is recycled plastic.

But back to the product. The purple cream is more liquidy then most but it distributes so well through the hair. The smell is fantastic too and it doesn't leave my hair heavy or weighed down.

The way I get the best results is to put the product is my extremely damp just toweled off out of the shower hair. Really focusing on my mid shaft to ends of the hair, let it set on it's own for about ten minutes while I make breakfast then come back and blow out with a large round brush.

I definitely didn't get the same results when I just put the product in and blow dried right away. Giving it that additional time to set in really works.

When I was done my hair honestly looked like I had flat ironed it with my GHD. My husband was even surprised that I had gotten ready so quickly. It was so soft and smooth but not flat at all.

But the best part was the fact that my blowout lasted for three days! And it was still so soft and smooth. The smell of the product is sweet and faint but it lingers just enough to make your hair smell AMAZING!

It's definitely very pricey for the size of the bottle but a little definitely goes along way even in my hair :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Iriegirl

I'm not impressed with this product and complete Salon brand at all! I'm really upset with myself that I spent over $80 in Davines hair care products and none of them delivered (i.e., . In fact, they did the exact opposite and made my hair MORE dry and brittle! ) FYI, I have relaxed shoulder length hair which is extremely dry and brittle without the aid of great moisturing/hydrating products, which I'm still on the hunt for. Initially, this product made my hair feel sleek and soft...but within an hour or less, my hair felt very dry and brittle. It may work for others, but it certainly doesn't work for me.