October 31, 2014 | 1491 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Love Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't care that this conditioner is expensive (I bought a liter bottle) because it's worth every single penny! A little goes a long way, and it smells so very good and grapefruity, and it works magic in long wavy thick hair. I told my husband the price is justified because I can easily use an inexpensive shampoo (tonight I used VO5 vanilla mint) and have a lovely conditioner because my hair is my "thing" and we want it to look good, right? It must be treated special right? Wink wink ;-) he just shakes his head and I win! After all only I know what is best for my hair. I highly recommend this product and will definitely purchase again. Personally I adore the minimalist packaging plain and everything! Very thick and creamy product really softens and smooths hair. One of the best conditioners available!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I was a bit apprehensive on trying this because I really was not a fan of the shampoo. However, after reading all the positive feedback, I decided to give it a try. I let my hair air dry and put not product whatsoever in it. (My hair is typically wavy with frizzy tendencies, especially if I wear it up.) It looks so sleek and smooth without weighing my hair down! I am so impressed! The scent is something that initially bothered me, but catching little whiffs of it all day long has made it grow on me. (I believe the scent is Fig?) I took away a lippie for both price and my undecided feelings on the scent, which usually isn't a deal breaker for me anyway. I have absolutely changed my mind about this brand and can't wait to try other products now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by ksmith125

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is worth every penny. After the first use my hair felt so soft and manageable. It's made a huge difference in my CG routine. Only thing id change is the packaging in the big bottle. Can be hard to get out and use small amounts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Before reading..BEWARE, this is a long and detailed review. This product deserves it in my opinion.

Davines is Organic..hense the plain packaging and smell. I believe that this conditioner is 80% organic. (They have a whole bunch of stuff that is 98% to 100% organic, but pretty much all their shampoos and conditioners are 80%, except for the OI/Absolute beautifying shampoo & Conditioner)

This is a great conditioner if you have really frizzy, damaged, broken hair. It's great if you blow your hair out, or put any type of heat on it, as it makes your hair so smooth. I actually work in a salon that sells this. A lot of blondes love this conditioner. It's amazing how many people with damaged, overly bleached hair that is literally breaking off come in and buy this.

I am someone that has darker hair, however. I blow my hair out on a regular basis and I have a lot of it. It's frizzy and course. This conditioner makes my hair SMOOTH! I am so spoiled to the way this conditioner makes my hair feel now.

It's a very thick conditioner. Ive never been afraid of price when it comes to beauty products..as I believe that there is no waste of money in these types of things. That goes for food too. :P But so many people look at the $26.00 a jar price and they run. It comes in a fairly large jar in my opinion. You really don't need a lot. The trick is, to take a small scoop and RAKE it through your hair, starting at your ends. That is how you saturate your hair with this, by raking it through. Do that and it'll last you a good bit.

You could even use this as a mask. I always leave it on while I am shaving my legs, souping and while doing the rest of my shower routine. The smell is so nice. It does have a natural smell to it..smells like roses. I am a conditioner freak. I have so many different ones that I also love, though this one is a bit different than those and I find myself reaching for this one more.

I would definitely give this a try. Just remember to ring out some water before putting this on, start it on your ends and then rake it through with your fingers.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ababyduckwaslost

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The look if this mask made me a little grossed out to be honest but i pretty good, actully really good. When I rinse I hair really feels like something great was done to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

I am kind of in the middle with this product. I randomly came across this brand and decided on the Love cond and shamp. It does feel nice in the shower but i dont see an incredible difference when i dry my hair. Def not worth the price and the size. even though you do only need a little bit of product. When i run out i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

I was hesitant to buy this because of the price, but all of a sudden my hair was being out of control frizzy lately even though I baby it in every way (limited washing, limit harsh detergents and products that build up, hair masks, periodic clarifying, limited heat styling, etc etc). This and the matching Love shampoo have had an instant, amazing effect on my hair. The plastic tub is not the best packaging, but otherwise this stuff is fantastic. Smells nice, too. Really cut the frizz down!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this conditioner twice but I already love it! It makes my hair feel really soft and manageable afterwards. I don't need to use a lot of it, even though my hair is really thick. I find that a little dollop works into my hair very well and distributes evenly.

I've mostly been using cheaper conditioners without harsh ingredients or parabens (Organix brand) but none of them have made my hair as soft and tangle free. Although this conditioner is pricey at $27.50 for 8 oz. and contains several different kinds of parabens, I still think it's worth it. Most of my beauty products are paraben-free anyway, so I don't feel like using this product would be that much of an added "risk."

This conditioner smells like sweet oranges, which I like very much, although the smell doesn't linger in my hair once it's dry. The tub is a little inconvenient to use while in the shower, but I think it's really cute sitting in my shower :)

Overall, this is a great buy for someone like me who has really thick, dry hair and heat styles every other day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by jonnadegerman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner! It's very creamy and heavy, but doesn't weigh my hair down. I have curly, thick hair which have been colored way too many times, causing it to be very dry and brittle, but this does wonders for my hair! It leaves it smooth and soft and my hair has gotten a new life again and my curls are not frizzy any more. I use it with the Love smooth shampoo and the oi/oil from davines. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The reason why i am not going to repurchase this product is because i didn't get the WOW factor (never mind it being expensive) and so i'd rather "gamble" on other products i haven't tried yet.

over all, as a conditioner it worked. but it also worked as well as my other conditioners. in short, it didn't stand out. i used this once a week only because i felt it made my hair oily sooner than the 3rd day mark and so with this effect, i treated LOVE as a treatment more than a conditioner. because i used it once a week only, it lasted beyond the suggested12 month period without any changes in how it worked--in fact i used it for a little over 20 months! i just finished using it up 3 days ago: )

i didn't like the plastic tub that it came in. you had to dip your hand in it and after a while, the cover was loose that it wouldn't snap shut. i wish it had come in the soft squeezable bottles the other Davines shampoos (e.g. Melu) came in.

the product claims to smooth harsh and frizzy hair and yeah, it delivered to a certain extent. but in smoothing my hair, it also weighed it down in the process so i'm not sure
it's the effect that everyone would like. i didn't mind it so much because i always tie my hair or put it up anyway.

i liked its powdery scent and my 2 older girls (aged 7 and 5) loved the smell so much. i allowed them to use this once every 2 months. they didn't have any reaction to it which was great. aside from its scent, they loved the color (pink) and they loved that it was called LOVE. the highlight of this product for me is definitely how much joy this has brought to my girls. it made them giggle every time they used it--- which they always look forward to. told them though that i would be buying something else for us to try together.

additional notes i have on this product is that it did not break me out. i have acne-prone skin and i'm always careful in observing my skin reactions to products.

caution: makes the bathtub really really REALLY SLIPPERY.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No