October 22, 2014 | 1410 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - Revlon Ionic Hot Air Styler Kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used hot air brushes growing up in the 90s so I miss having volumized hair especially after using flat irons from 2000s until now. I was curious and lemming for sexy volumized hair so I went and bought this. Here is what I think of this product: I'm ambidextrous so I have no problem with blowdryer and a round brush which actually produces better results than this product. However, this is great for people who are not ambidextrous like my sister who never learned the blowdryer/roundbrush method. I should rate this product for 3.5 or 4 because of two annoying things: 1. its incredibly loud like a lawn mower 2. the tool is made for someone with giant hands!! I have small hands and I have to have a firm grip on this. I really like the two attachments, one attachment looks like a round brush, the other attachment is permenant plastic bristles/this attachment actually changes in size from 1 to 1.5 which is very convenient. I actually like the round brush attachment better because of its teeth which grips hair better. I was planning on returning this tool since it created so-so results yet I'm going to keep it when my sister comes over she can have it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why there aren't more hot air brushes on the market. My AfAm hair (transitioned, 3a curl) is fine and curly/prone to frizz. When I use this, I don't need a curling or flat iron afterwards, because the tool dries and smooths without removing all curl. I only ever use the bristle brush attachment. The tool is lightweight and easy to pack but also is very, very, very loud. The high setting is too hot for use with the brush attachments. That said, this tool doesn't compete with the efficiency and power of better hair dryers on the market. Nevertheless, I am on my third. The first just sorta bruned out after 2.5 years of regular use. The second lasted 2 years before an outlet in a UK hotel labeled "US voltage 220v" cooked the motor; it runs, but smells and sounds so different that I have retired it...and bought another. I have a regualr hair dryer too, but this tool is just great in its simplicity, especially for travel, and cheap enough for me to forgive its shortcomings.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LuLuitchka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never thought that I could like a hair dryer/styler as much as I do this one. I have chin length, baby fine hair. It's thick but quite fine.

I mainly use the concentrator and the large bristle brush. I'm pleased with the no frizz results [thanks to the ion feature]. It's also cut my drying/styling time in half. I no longer have to use a flat iron after I blow dry. I experienced a short learning curve as I figured out how to hold the styler.

I recommend this styler if you have short [chin length and shorter] and fine-ish hair. Remembering to press the ion button was awkward at first. I also wish there were more heat and speed settings.

For the price [about $30], this is a great dryer/styler. I like it so much I got a second one for my gym bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the model that's dark blue.

I am SMITTEN with this product after only one use! I have a chin-length bob with oddball waves that I used to beat into submission with a blow dryer first, then a round brush plus blow dryer, and THEN a curling iron. Time consuming and still, I missed spots! I'd get bits that would flip out at the bottom instead of the gentle curling-under that I wanted.

After just one use, this morning, I'm amazed. Not only did it cut my routine in half, my hair looks way better.

I used my regular dryer to get my hair about 75% dry, and then used the hot air styler with the larger attachment. At first I wasn't sure how much I needed to guide the brush with my other hand, and it IS hot so you'll want to be careful. Still, even with a bit of heat to contend with, I'm thrilled with this purchase, especially for the price ($26 at Target.)

Yes, it's a little large and maybe a tad loud, but it gives you fantastic hair!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is the same Revlon styler/dryer I have. It's white with a bristle brush attatchment, a small hard plastic bristle brush and a concentrator. Also has the ion feature. I paid about $30 for it at Target last summer.

I always let my long hair dry in my hair towel for an hour or two before I dry & style. If I don't have much time, I will partially dry my hair with my regular hair dryer and then finish up with the styler.

I only use the bristle brush attachement. My hair is too long for the smaller one & I have no need for the concentrator as my hair is not wet, just damp. I always use the ion feature and my hair is less frizzy & it is shiny. I can finish drying my hair & styling in about 10 minutes. I get really nice body, some wave & curl in my hair and it looks great. It's much easier for me than working with a dryer & round brush.

BUT ... I gave it a high rating because I love how my hair looks after I use this. The noise is horrendous. I can only use it on the low setting as the noise is at least tolerable then. It works for me because I'm using it to finish my hair rather than completely dry it. I still would probably buy it again but I wish they could do something about the noise factor!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have neuropathy from lupus and my right hand was paralyzed for a while. I went on medication and got my hand back, but it is still very weak. This hairstyler is a godsend for doing the back of my chin length bob. I can use two hands to control it, instead of having to hold the blow dryer with my left hand, and round brush in my weak right one. If you have any sort of disability in your hands, you should try this! Works great on my fine, thin hair -- but remember that it is a STYLER. Rough dry first with a regular blow dryer, then finish up with this when hair is just still slightly damp. Very inexpensive, too.
Can't remember exactly how much, but was for sure under $25. Way to go Revlon!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on the second purchase of this same product. They last a very long time, probably each one I've had has lasted over 4 years. They are good at drying hair into a smooth, non-frizzy style without having to use a separate hair dryer and then flat iron. I have naturally wavy hair and I cannot live a week without this tool, let alone a few days. I only use the 1.5" brush, like the first reviewer. It's also great for restyling hair on your day after shampoo day (or 3rd day, if you are one of the lucky ones that can get away with it). If you start with hair that is super wet it's harder to use - I let mine air dry for at least 10 minutes before using it. The trick to it is to lift the hair on your scalp/crown out and away from your head, drying those sections first, and then the bottom part of your hair. This dryer gets VERY hot too. I have burned my forehead and the side of my neck on it a few times. It has low, high, ion on/off, and cool settings. I never use the cool setting and always use it on ionic, most times on "high" because it takes a lot of heat to get the frizz out of my hair. After the dryer gets older, the base can come detached from the drying brush part more easily, but not so much to be an inconvenience. I've taken it on numerous vacations. I won't chance my hair to a room dryer- who wants to fuss more with getting ready on vacation? My hair is color treated, bleached, fine, naturally wavy, and not thick, so this is perfect for me. I think it does less damage than blow drying and/or flat ironing every day, but it still does get really hot, and you need a thermal spray or lotion or protectant with it so your hair doesn't burn. Really low priced, compared to how much I've used it and how long it's lasted.
Edited 11/10: I had to repurchase yet another dryer after my last one (that I'd had for about 4-5 years) died on me; and it doesn't get as hot as it used to. It still works well but the de-frizzing aspect isn't quite as much as it used to be, but I still like the dryer a lot. Next time I will go for the ceramic one instead of the blue one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I have always been horrible at using a hair dryer and a round brush. And being that I have frizzy, wavy hair, I need something to help when I blow-dry my hair. My friend had a similar dryer to this and it makes her hair look great. However, she has super long hair and I have chin-length hair, so I thought it wouldn't work. But on a spending spree at Target, I decided to try it. I'm so glad that I did. It works great! It cuts down on my drying time (I section my hair off with clips) and makes my hair smooth. I'm so glad I found this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Until I received this as a gift, I honestly had never heard of a hot air styler brush. I actually had to get on youtube.com to see how to use one! LOL! I have fine hair that falls just past my shoulders. As I have never been good at using drying my hair with a styling brush, I must say that I am delighted with this Revlon product. It is ionic and ceramic which I need for my fine, dry hair. In the kit you receive a 1" brush and a 1.5" brush attatchment, and a concentrator attatchment. I found this incredibley easy to use once I sectioned my hair off. Drying 2" strips of hair at a time, was the fastest and easiest way to use this. I love how lightweight it is- my arm does not go numb like when I am using my Revlon Vortex dryer! I did not find this to be any louder than a regular blowdryer nor did it "catch" in my hair. As I always use a leave-in conditioner (Beauty without Cruelty) and thermal hair spay ( Tresemme) this hot air styler did not leave my hair with the frizzies. It left it looking like my hair stylist had done it. It has two heat settings and a cool setting.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a replacement for my Conair hot air brush, which I had used for so long that all of the plastic bristles had fallen out and the boar's bristles were all bent.

I purchased this one due to glowing reviews on the web.

I saw that it had tourmaline, which my conair did not, and was ionic, which my conair wasn't. It also has 500 more watts of power, so I figured with all things considered this would be a good step up for me.

It is deafeningly loud, which is not good for my ears as a professional musician. And the loudness didn't seem to translate into heat. It didn't get nearly as hot as my conair.

It left my hair frizzy, and took substantially longer to dry than my Conair.

It also was incapable of grabbing larger pieces of hair, which also meant it took longer to dry.

This tool was a real let-down. I'm going to try to return it to Ulta today. In the meantime, I'm going to order the ionic version of my Conair, which I have definitely come to appreciate. (Plus, from Amazon it's $12 less than the Revlon Tourmaline Ionic Hot Air Kit.)