November 28, 2014 | 1066 users online

Lipstick - Boots - No 7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Fascinate: I adore this! Gorgeous warm reddish-brown, which can be built up if you want a darker tone. Goes on smoothly and feels surprisingly moisturizing. Glossy but not at all sticky. The packaging I have is beautiful too, a midnight blue with subtle teal shimmers.

Lasting power is what I'd expect from a tinted balm, which is what I consider this more so than an actual lipstick.

Though I have a plethora of lippies in a similar shade, there's just something special about this one. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by minardi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice line from Boots. I still have the "brushed silver" tube version in Excite (10) and Smoulder (30). I have blue tones in my lips, which makes it hard for me to find shades that don't add more blue undertones. Can't do most corala and reds. Mauves and plums are definitely out.

So to find a moisurizing lipstick with no odd taste or that left lines in my lips AND looked great was amazing. Oh, and were priced reasonably vs $20 to $60 counterparts that didn't deliver. Tubes are lightweight and secure.

Excite (10): Looks very natural, without being boring. Very flattering, just a slight tint of pinky rose with dash of brown.

Smoulder (30): A sheer red with no blue. Not like I am wearing siren red, but a toned down candy apple red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

In my opinion these are a far better version of Revlon lip butters- and they came first. Perfect in every way, flattering juicy look, wear well, better than most sheer lipsticks, moisturizing, good colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by goodie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very impressed! At $9.99, I will rebuy, rebuy, rebuy!!! I was previously in love with Dior's High shine Addict sheer lipstick. That stuff truly is amazing and worth every penny, but there is no way I can continue to buy that at around $28 a tube! For a special event though, its all I want to wear...until now! I got the Boots Sheer temptation in Excite yesterday. I have worn it all day and loved every bit of it. Its goes on the same and wears the same as the Dior. I love the sheer glossiness and even the shimmer is fantastic! Its not long wearing, but when it fades it does so gracefully. Its so sheer and easy to apply that putting it on is a breeze and not a cause for concern or much pomp and circumstance, you just slick it on and go. It looks so good on! This color is a perfect every day color for me. I cannot wait to try the other colors. I have olive skin, brown hair and eyes and most colors are not dark enough for my taste. Excite is a nice peachy, sparkly golden brown. In love with it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LittleLatte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Boots display at my local Target doesn't get a lot of love. Sometimes I think it's been abandoned and that Target is dropping the line. Colors run out and are not restocked. Anyway, I've bought the Sheer Temptation lipsticks before and liked the formula and color. At the time they came in a matte silver tube that felt cheap and looked ugly IMO. I confess packaging is as important to me as color and formula.

Today at a nicer Target I was pleased to see the Boots line well stocked, including the Sheer Temptation lipsticks. The tube is now a beautiful peacock blue metallic-like that looks and feels much nicer. I thought it might be a different formula, but no, it's Sheer Temptation and available in the same colors. I bought Entice and was pleasantly reminded of how nice this formula is. The color reminds me a little of Clinique's Waterlily Buttershine, a coolish plummy color with bluish shimmer, less greasy than the Buttershine formula.

I was disappointed by the US L'Oreal Caresse formula (drying and opaque) and the darker Revlon Lip Butters are too pigmented for me. The L'Oreal balms could have been HG if they were at all noticeable on my pale lips. $10 is steep for a drugstore lipstick but the truly sheer but visible color and balmy feel give me what I wanted from other products recently claiming to have the same. I'll haul a few more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I have this in Lovely. Appropriately named, because it is lovely! A fresh natural pink glossy finish that goes with everything. Feels lovely on - not drying. Not a long last lipstick but very easy to reapply because it is so natural looking on my lips. I'm nearly out of this and will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by GGshoe

The perfect marriage between a gloss and a lipstick. It glides perfectly like the creamiest lipstick and has the perfect amount of shine . Not sticky at all and it makes your lips feel very moisturized. I am a gloss girl but I usually apply some chapstick first for moisture, then lip liner to tone down a bit the glossy high shine. Now I just found the perfect lipstick for me. I purchased the sheer temptation absolute in shade 05 Attract and I love it. I'm also smitten by the fact that is unscented, no bad perfumes, No terrible taste!!! Lovely, lovely! (If you like more color go for the non sheer version).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the colour Lovely and that is exactly what it is. I got this in one of those no.7 gifts that they give you when spend over a certain amount on cosmetics. Lovely is a deep pink with iridescent shimmer, on me its a sheer glossy pink that is fun but suitable for work. I would never have bought this on its own without the deal as 10 is steep and the packaging is flimsy. Thankfully I have a new 5 off voucher so may try a brighter or deeper colour for autumn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I got this in Attract after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in one of her vids. It pairs perfectly with the Boots lipliner in Nude. It's such a wonderful nude color that is extremely moisturizing. Not too long-wearing, but most moisturizing lipsticks aren't. Will definately go back to Target and check out another color or two!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a find! I have to thank all MUAers who posted reviews about this lipstick -- it's great! I echo everything "notalike" wrote and will add that Attract (05) is a very flattering shade for ivory-skinned blondes. It's a beautiful neutral that you can just slick on and go, without worry. It's also a nice, semi-glossy formula that's perfect for my fellow thin-lipped MUA sisters as it gives a bit of a fuller lip effect. Boots is really an impressive retail brand. Will keep this one close at hand always!