April 25, 2014 | 921 users online

Toners - La Mer - The Tonic

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by marce0318

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of La Mer Tonic when I purchased my La Mer SPF fluid. The first time I tried was not fun, it felt like a burning sensation in my checks, and my skin became super dry. I don't think this tonic works for me. I am glad I didn't buy it.
Maybe is not made for normal Skin, Maybe it would work better on oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The tonic does a good job at cleansing my sensitive and acne prone skin. I use it before the Creme de la mer. In addition, it help to prepare the skin for the moisturizer and I feel that Creme was absorbed faster if used after the tonic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

I don't know what it is about this toner that makes me love it so much, but i do. I've never understood their whole "deconstructed waters" thing that is one of the selling points of this toner but the benefit is supposed to be that it leaves your skin negatively charged to draw whatever you add next, into your skin. Okay, whatever, but i swear it feels like that! And it just has this nice clean crisp feeling about it without being, at least to me, drying. I no longer work for Estee Lauder so to buy the tonic will be quite pricey, and i am hardly rolling in money, but i will actually repurchase this unless i can find a less expensive toner i like as much, and so far i haven't found that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

A decent product. Though I don't feel it is necessary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This toner smells nice but it really doesn't do much for me. I figured since the moisturizer works so well on my skin why not try the whole line. This stuff is so expensive and I really didn't find it satisfying at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I always use toner, so after starting with all things La Mer I had to give this a go! I have found it to be very gentle and it smells lovely. It soother redness from using my clarisonic and it absorbs very well. I don't really know if its better than my usual Estee Lauder toner but I def like it. The price is a bit steep, so eventhough I said I would re-purchase, I will have to use it up and make up my mind whether its any better than my previous toner. As I use my clarisonic I never have the cotton pad turning a makeup colour, so I only need to use it once, only a bit of the toner is needed. I will have to update to give my full opinion, I have been using it twice a day for almost a month now. I have found its not too harsh and doesn't sting or anything, so I am perfectly happy with it. The verdict is still out though!

EDIT: I have been using this for 4 months, I have loads left but I may have to give it away. Its too harsh for my very sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by joyineye

It smells nice, when I use it I got the fresh feeling, maybe that's just my feeling. I think it can help minimise the prone, but it is expensive as a toner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by momofthreeboys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a huge advocate of toners, however this one has never felt harsh or drying. I use it after the LM cleaning lotion and before the rest of my LM products. I think it does a great job of taking any remaining makeup or impurities off of my skin without upsetting or drying it. It prepares the skin to receive the rest of the products. It is a little pricey for toner, however I only need it at night and you don't use much, so it last for a long time. La Mer always has gifts going on or can give you samples when you make a purchase. This helps to soften the blow. I have been very happy with this entire line and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by websterboy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised at the low review score! This is the best toner I've ever used, and it's far better than the La Mer Oil Absorbing tonic, which is way too harsh. Since I started using this toner, and I've been using it a long while, my skin just doesn't feel clean without it. Uncap, place a cotton pad at the bottle opening, and one tip is all you need. I first pat over my whole face, then gently rub it in. The pad eventually comes away dry, and any excess cleanser residue or makeup is removed. Gentle enough for the eye area! Don't let the price discourage you, it lasts a long time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

This toner is far too dry for my skin. I have purchased a whole heap of Elemis products today after a disappointing 3 weeks of La Mer products. I have mentioned in my other La Mer reviews that I will continue to support the Cremes because I really want them to work for me, but this toner is a no no. The packaging is also rather cheap and not worth the dollar I paid for them.