July 22, 2014 | 2160 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Resilience Lift Extreme - Ultra Firming Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by coraii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I found my HG foundation! I had been using Lancome Visionnaire but this is an even better match for my skintone My main goal has been to find a foundation that matches my skintone with a radiant or dewy finish.

I have tried countless foundations. I haunt Sephora and have a drawer full of tiny samples. The generous sales associates at Estee Lauder gave me two small bottles of Resilience 1N after trying it out on me. I was pretty skeptical because I've had such a hard time matching my very fair, neutral skin but voila!

This foundation has a smooth, dewy finish but not too dewy. It is quite rich but not oily. It gives medium coverage and is buildable. It comes in a pump bottle and is nicely packaged. I'm quite surprised that it hasn't receive higher ratings, but that just goes to show - everyone's skin is different!. I hope they don't discontinue this and I was finally able to throw out all the tiny samples of all the other foundations.

I hadn't visited an Estee counter for a long time, but I'm glad I did. When I bought the full bottle, I also bought an Envy sculptural lipstick - fabulous! If you haven't tried their line in a long time, you may want to visit. Happy shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is an unsung hero among liquid foundations. It's a fragrance-free, blendable, and buildable satiny-finish liquid that comes in shades designated as cool, warm, or neutral. I find the coverage to be medium, and how it looks right after application is how it looks hours later.

I have never had any irritation or breakouts, and I have very sensitive skin. The pump dispenser, unlike the one on Lancome's Renergie Lift, actually allows you to dispense just the amount you want. I use either my fingers or a brush for application.

I have gone through so many foundations and am thrilled with this one. I've been using it for several months now and will continue as long as EL continues to sell it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Callisto83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I got a sample of this to try before buying, because this must be one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It is supposed to be good on dry mature skin, so I presumed this would work for me. But no. Sensitive skin types be aware, this gave me an allergic reaction and looked really grainy and horrible on. It burned and stung, and I actually turned more red with this on than bare faced. This is extremely expensive in my country, so I am so happy I only got a sample. It certainly was Extreme, but for all the wrong reasons..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from the SA after explaining my DW was just too drying on my skin now and had high hopes for this. Did not buy and will not buy. Haven't an idea what the packaging is like. It stuck to every dry patch on my cheeks and ALSO on my chin and nose which are oily. It did not blend easily and I tried my Estée Lauder flat foundation brush, RT stippling brush and my fingers. None of them gave a good finish. It accentuated every slight dryness and undereye line. The colour was a reasonable match but I expect a flawless finish which lasts all day. I don't expect a foundation to go on looking rubbish and as if it has already been worn for hours and has started to wear off. This made me look old, my t zone oily and flaky and my cheeks parched. Coverage was patchy. Avoid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this foundation since I wasn't able to get a sample of the Country Mist foundation. I got a sample in the shade Bisque. This foundation has a matte finish and is not thick, but covers well. I prefer the Futurist foundation since it has more of a satin finish. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on smooth and silky. The first time, I had EL's BB creme underneath it. The second time, I had Paula'sChoice Resist Moisturizer with sunscreen under it. Extremely easy to blend. It seemed a little shiny; however, the PC product is shiny, so I don't know which was most responsible. It looks fresh. My color was Ivory Beige, 2N1, for the NW20 skin. It's flattering.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm so truly dissapointed in this foundation. I have been on the hunt for a full covering foundation for dry skin for a while now. After hearing great things about futurist I wanted to give that one a go. But since my country only sell 5 shades of futurist and online there isnt any possible website you can order a sample or fullsize of futurist which ships internationally, I decided to switch to resilience lift. Since I heard it was practically the same thing (for futurist sake, I hope not). Anyways in the estee lauder foundation shades im always in the '2' range and yellow undertones so I ordered a sample of 2W Dusk. Well first of all the colour is a bit weird. It has a yellow undertone but at the same time looks a bit orange after you applied it. The foundation itself has a bit of a mouse texture I find. Its very sticky and difficult to blend. Also I didnt really like the smell. But I could overlook all those things, if it would at least work with my dy flaky spots on my skin. But oh boy, was I wrong. I never had a foundation which made my dry spots stand out like this. Looked like I rubbed my skin with sandpaper. The good things of this foundation is that it is med/full coverage and it lasts pretty well. But for that price estee lauder should be embarresed xD

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sandcastles99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great on my super dry skin. It blends easily and doesn't make me feel like I'm covered in product. A light hand is needed when applying this because apply too much and you will definitely see it on the skin. You need very little to achieve medium coverage. It also runs slightly pink. The pump on it works well and is easily controlled. Overall a great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by gorapakora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. The coverage is medium to full, and doesn't settle in my fine lines or cling to my dry patches. It blends nicely & wears wonderfully. I've been using it for a few years now & haven't found anything better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by aamna786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

the product is actually quite good. it blends in well with the skin, and is easy to apply with brush or even the hands. the only downside to this foundation and many other estee lauder foundation, is the colours that are avaliable. the product just didnt have the right amount of yellowyness that was suited to my skin. furthermore i find that this product oxidises half an hour or so after applying it,to a slightly darker colour.. the packaging was okayish. not really that appealing, sort of grannyish old fashioned., but this could be because it probably more aimed at more maturer women. due to it expensive price i would be purchasing this one again

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No