November 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Resilience Lift Extreme - Ultra Firming Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Sampled Resilience Lift Extreme-Ultra Firming Makeup SPF in 3N1. Good color match, and pleased with performance of fdtn.

Glides well over skin, evens skin tone, doesn't sink into fine lines, and finish is soft (doesn't appear cakey and mask-like) and semi-matte. Coverage is medium, and doesn't require layering to achieve desired result. One light application is all that is needed.

Resilience Lift Extreme is perfume free (thank goodness!), and packaged in my favorite type of dispenser ~ a clear, glass pump bottle.

UPDATE - previously rated with four lippies; however, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup has slight better coverage, and costs only $10.99. Changed rating to three lippies for Resilience Lift Extreme-Ultra Firming Makeup SPF 15.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so picky with foundations, when it comes to color and finish I don't want anything chalky on my mature skin and the color must match I hate looking like a clown or too pale. I visited the Estee Lauder counter at the gift with purchase season and was looking for a foundation. The saleslady advised this one. She sent me home with a sample however the sample was way too dark. I went back and another lady gave me the perfect shade. I picked up the full size plus a bunch of goodies with the GWP. This foundation is smooth either with a damp or dry sponge for fuller coverage. I wear powder on top to finish the look and its perfect. Its not a flat foundation, it gives dimension, natural looking but wayyy better. Doesn't settle into dry spots or lines.It doesn't have an annoying lingering scent. Looks fresh for hours. And having a pump makes this much easier. I would repurchase but I think it will take me a long time to finish this bottle, You don't need much. I guess everyone's skin is different since I've read some negative reviews. I think this foundation is definitely for 40+.
Plus the GWP i received 2 full size lipsticks which I adore! a mascara, amazing eye cream and a bronzer, all in a beautiful pouch. Well worth the purchase!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is this stuff is awful awful awful. I paid a pretty penny for this chalky finish foundation. It goes on chalky and no matter how light you apply it , it sits like a chalky film on your face. It is extremley aging on mature skin and shows every line and wrinkle. My husband even commented on how bad my skin looked with this foundation. Do not waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

eurgh such a high maintenance , hard work foundation. If you don't exfoliate your face before application it will stick to any dry patches. But you can continue working it into the skin and it will blend out but it takes a lot of time. It is very moisturising and it continues to be throughout the day which meant I had to apply powder which is a new thing for my dry skin. It certainly doesn't lift anything , it settled into the creases around my mouth which double wear doesn't. I found this quite sheer, which is surprising as the texture is very thick so I had to apply a few layers to get the desired coverage. It smells of clay and you will notice it, but it's not unpleasant. The packaging comes with a pump which may explain why it's more expensive than double wear. I believe this is being discontinued in England so if you do love it , snap it up as quick as you can. I prefer double wear so I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by coraii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I found my HG foundation! I had been using Lancome Visionnaire but this is an even better match for my skintone My main goal has been to find a foundation that matches my skintone with a radiant or dewy finish.

I have tried countless foundations. I haunt Sephora and have a drawer full of tiny samples. The generous sales associates at Estee Lauder gave me two small bottles of Resilience 1N after trying it out on me. I was pretty skeptical because I've had such a hard time matching my very fair, neutral skin but voila!

This foundation has a smooth, dewy finish but not too dewy. It is quite rich but not oily. It gives medium coverage and is buildable. It comes in a pump bottle and is nicely packaged. I'm quite surprised that it hasn't receive higher ratings, but that just goes to show - everyone's skin is different!. I hope they don't discontinue this and I was finally able to throw out all the tiny samples of all the other foundations.

I hadn't visited an Estee counter for a long time, but I'm glad I did. When I bought the full bottle, I also bought an Envy sculptural lipstick - fabulous! If you haven't tried their line in a long time, you may want to visit. Happy shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is an unsung hero among liquid foundations. It's a fragrance-free, blendable, and buildable satiny-finish liquid that comes in shades designated as cool, warm, or neutral. I find the coverage to be medium, and how it looks right after application is how it looks hours later.

I have never had any irritation or breakouts, and I have very sensitive skin. The pump dispenser, unlike the one on Lancome's Renergie Lift, actually allows you to dispense just the amount you want. I use either my fingers or a brush for application.

I have gone through so many foundations and am thrilled with this one. I've been using it for several months now and will continue as long as EL continues to sell it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Callisto83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I got a sample of this to try before buying, because this must be one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It is supposed to be good on dry mature skin, so I presumed this would work for me. But no. Sensitive skin types be aware, this gave me an allergic reaction and looked really grainy and horrible on. It burned and stung, and I actually turned more red with this on than bare faced. This is extremely expensive in my country, so I am so happy I only got a sample. It certainly was Extreme, but for all the wrong reasons..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from the SA after explaining my DW was just too drying on my skin now and had high hopes for this. Did not buy and will not buy. Haven't an idea what the packaging is like. It stuck to every dry patch on my cheeks and ALSO on my chin and nose which are oily. It did not blend easily and I tried my Estée Lauder flat foundation brush, RT stippling brush and my fingers. None of them gave a good finish. It accentuated every slight dryness and undereye line. The colour was a reasonable match but I expect a flawless finish which lasts all day. I don't expect a foundation to go on looking rubbish and as if it has already been worn for hours and has started to wear off. This made me look old, my t zone oily and flaky and my cheeks parched. Coverage was patchy. Avoid.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this foundation since I wasn't able to get a sample of the Country Mist foundation. I got a sample in the shade Bisque. This foundation has a matte finish and is not thick, but covers well. I prefer the Futurist foundation since it has more of a satin finish. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on smooth and silky. The first time, I had EL's BB creme underneath it. The second time, I had Paula'sChoice Resist Moisturizer with sunscreen under it. Extremely easy to blend. It seemed a little shiny; however, the PC product is shiny, so I don't know which was most responsible. It looks fresh. My color was Ivory Beige, 2N1, for the NW20 skin. It's flattering.