October 22, 2014 | 1920 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Scene 1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Too sheer and does not show up at all. Pretty in the pan and on your finger, but it is not pigmented and basically shows up clear upon appliaction. What a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by MsSterious83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeshadow last year, 2007. I've never been the type to wear pink eyeshadow so I decided to try one. The makeup artist picked Scene I for me. It's a pretty color but it's not pigmented at all. I have to pack it on in order to see the color. I love all of MAC's eyeshadows, but this one I can do without.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dropsofJupiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other poster that this needs a base to make it show up or you just don't get much of an effect. I am not a fan of the velvets but this shade of pink looked like it would go great with French Grey in the crease. I planned to use Scene 1 on the lid but I think it makes my lid look a bit red and I wound up using it with the grey/blue silvery shade Swan Lake on the lid and Scene 1 under the brow. It is very subtle and soft and maybe just as well because I could never pull off a bright pink e/s this color anyway. If you are looking for high pigment and color that is bright don't get it. Even if this was not LE I would not bother to rebuy it. I did not return it though and will use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Yakkoooew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was unsure of this purchase; this particular eyeshadow barely showed up on my hand when I tested it at the MAC store, and only showed up on my eyes when I had a base underneath (I was wearing MAC Shell cream color base). When the color did show up, it looked like the non-frosty pink I had been searching for! (I was also wearing a pink shirt, so I'm sure that swayed my thinking.) Anything glittery usually catches my attention anyway!

Given that I don't have any non-frosty pinks in my eyeshadow collection (I'm sure I'm in the minority there! :o) I feel this was a good purchase for me. When I got the eyeshadow home, the color looked so beautiful, all neat and clean in the new pot (as opposed to the abused sample at the store)! Admittedly, I'm not sure how much I will use this given that I don't always use an eyeshadow base. However, I tried it with some browns (MAC Era, Mulch, Mylar) and this pink is very very pretty on your eyelid with brown at your crease and brown eyeliner. I even put a tiny bit of Scene 1 on my brow bone and it looked better than I thought it would. Today I am going to try it with Omega and Lightshade, with Teddy as my liner.

Anyway, I agree with the other reviewers that this may not be a justifiable purchase if you already have a bunch of pinks in your collection. I glanced at the other pink eyeshadows MAC has to offer and Scene 1 looks different in the pot (I've seen pictures of them side-by-side as well), but from what I've heard, once applied, Scene 1 looks similar to anything else MAC has to offer. The glitter appears shimmery once applied, but it is subtle enough to just add a bit of interest to an otherwise possibly plain pink. Once I am able to play around more with this shade perhaps I will update my review :o) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by amy_forster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To be honest, this e/s is just too similar to some of the other mac pinks I already own and this is the biggest reason as to why I wouldn't buy it again.

It always annoys me that LE are only available in pot form (hence the low packaging score), other than that, theres nothing wrong packaging wise!

Its a pretty shadow so if you don't have any similar pinks, then go get it. But, I wouldn't go paying silly money for it on ebay! I'm sure mac'll just release another similar shade to go with all the other pinks they've done in 2006!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by prettiedup

This is a very pretty pink eyeshadow. A velvet, like has a hint of shimmer. However, it is nearly the same shade as Pink Venus (which I also own). I pair this (and Pink Venus) with Cranberry for a warm, almost sunset-y looking eye. It is a very pretty, almost cotton candy pink but goes on warm. But, again, if you have Pink Venus, don't bother getting Scene 1. They are that close with PV being just a hint, a small hint, darker.