October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Premium Eve Dual Fiber brush

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually got this brush in a swap from the last person who posted a review on it (what are the odds). She may not have found a use for it, but I love it for blush, bronzer, and all-over face colors. It does shed a bit, not badly though. I'd definately rather have this brush than shell out around $40 for the MAC 187. It really isn't meant for applying heavy amounts of anything, and I believe the MAC 187 can also be used to apply liquid foundation which I would not suggest doing with EM brush. This brush really allows me to use a lot of blush or bronzers that I had always thought were too dark, because I can now apply them with a lighter hand and now they are beautiful. So, in essence, it has doubled my beauty arsenal! I can't buy it again, since its no longer sold, but I guess I can either buy a MAC or a similar product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

I bought this brush from the personal custom kit last year; however, never really found use for it. It looks really pretty and is super soft. So it is in my swaplist. There's nothing else to really comment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great, less expensive alternative to MAC's 187 or 188 brush. You do note the difference in quality, but for what you pay, it does its job!

EDIT: the bristles come out really easily and it doesn't clean very well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free gift when I purchased some thing on the EDM website. Its really great for sheer applications such as blushes or bronzers. Its just a bit hard to control because the hairs are kind of long so it tends to be floppy. But overall, I like it alot and was pleased that i got it for free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I just got this as a free gift together with a custom kit that I recently ordered. This brush, on its own, is $9. I would recommend that you purchase this as part of a kit because doing so is a better deal. I give this 5 lippies because even if I hadn't received it as a GWP and ordered it as a part of my kit, it's still a good deal. It's actually quite soft and does a good job with the light application of bronzers, blushes, etc.

I also have the MAC 187 brush. The Eve Dual Fiber brush is not as soft as MAC's 187 but what can you expect with a brush that is 1/4th the cost of the 187?

Compared to the MAC 187, the Eve Dual Fiber Brush has a shorter handle, longer bristles, and has a wider head even though it is not as dense as the MAC 187.

For someone who doesn't want to cough up the $42 that it costs to buy the MAC, this is still a decent brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by when_in_hell

I just got this free with one of the special offers on the EDM website, along with two limited edition eyeshadow colors. I am in love with my MAC 187 but don't have the money to purchase another one, so I was hoping I could use this as a backup (187 with foundations, EDM for blushes maybe?) It's a decent brush, soft against the skin and deffinately gives a nice, sheer application of highly pigmented products. The bristles are significantly longer than the 187's, so you have much less control with it. But it's great for giving a sheer wash of blush or bronzer along larger areas of the face. Washed it once and it hasn't shed yet, so seems of good quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by settodestruct

This is a really nice brush. It allows everything to go on evenly and make anything look cakey ever. It's really soft and feathery. I love this brush, my only concern with it is it sheds a little bit so I hope it doesn't have a short lifetime. I recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hannahp

I LOVE this brush!!! It is perfect for feather light applications. I use it everyday to apply my blush and bronzer. It is virtually impossible to look clownish if you use this brush. It gives me a perfect naturally flushed look everytime. You can build soft layers to create whatever look you are going for - without the worry of looking overdone.

I got this brush as part of a kit several months ago so the price was amazing. I probably wouldn't have paid full price for it before trying it, but now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

The negative reviews are from people who expect to be able to use this for foundation. It is definetely not a foundation brush. But it does exactly what the description says it is for. "used for lightweight application and blending of your bronzers, face colors, blushes, and finishing powder. Ideal for creating soft layers and add textures."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

I love this brush! It is the best brush I have found so far for applying blush just the way I like it. I find that this brush enables me to apply blush so that it blends nicely into the rest of my face. It's near impossible to apply blush so that you look like a clown. :) Love this brush and the Flat top brush (for foundation)!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I have waited to review this because I've been wanting to compare it to the MAC 187 which this brush was modeled after. Before getting the MAC 187, I found this brush to be pretty good for applying some of my intensely pigmented shades such as Girl's Day or Plum Dust. However, after being informed by some MUAers that the MAC 187 was also able to apply foundation with an airbrushed finish, I was rather intrigued.
Anyway, on it's own, it is a fairly decent brush if you are wanting to apply blushes with as I do find the hairs fairly soft and the structure of the brush (where it has a base of the shorter darker hairs + longer white hairs) to be functional for that, it definitely does not apply foundation evenly as I tried to do that but found lots of streaks and uneveness in tone. I believe the darker hairs are not stiff enough and the brush likely needs to be denser overall.
I mainly use this brush now for applying the light, all-over-face colors like Natural or Light Pink because the head on it is quite a bit larger and I have found the Flirt Brush from Kohl's to do a better job for the apples of my cheeks since it is quite smaller than the Eve brush. I like it alright and if you are going to order a kit where you get a "free" brush anyway, it is not a bad brush to have for your blushes. Even though the quality is not quite up to the MAC 187, it is still a decent brush--you will likely think it is a GREAT brush *if* you have never used the MAC 187 like I did. continued >>