December 21, 2014 | 1754 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Satin 1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This shampoo felt luxurious at first, but with continued use it made my scalp greasy and flaky. I have tried several Kerastase shampoos but am yet to find one that my scalp can tolerate. I also think the line overall is way overpriced as the conditioners have been nothing special - so go ahead and try if you like to spend money, but do not expect too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by cdn1024

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo performs very well for normal to slightly dry or fine and dry hair. It smells like expensive perfume and leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. I have short virgin hair and I love using it with Lait Vital and Immersion Nutritive. I want to keep my hair shiny and healthy as my hair grows longer and this line of products has been amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by GailScibelli

I love this product -- it is perfect if you have dry, over-stressed, chemically treated hair. Yes, it is expensive but it will make your hair soft and silky-smooth regardless of its current condition. I think some of the negative reviews come from people who already have healthy hair and don't need the extra nourishment you get from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the worst or the worst shampoo that I have encountered. I actually liked the scent, however, that's where it ended. After rinsing thoroughly, my hair felt coated and did not seem wet or damp (very strange). My hair was also extremely dry and felt just horrible. My hair is generally in good shape. Pantene works better than this junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo will transform good, healthy hair into spectacular hair. My hair is undyed, is pretty straight and was in pretty good condition before this. After using it I regularly get compliments on how soft and sleek my hair is. Tried using a supermarket shampoo once when I ran out and my hair felt weighed down and relatively frizzy. If you have curly, frizzy or damaged hair this shampoo may not be the one for you. I buy off HQ hair as it is significantly cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by hwil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a kerastase devotee since it brought my hair back to life after being bleached and dyed since my early teens. Now I'm growing out my highlights, I alternate this shampoo with kerastase resistance line and the line for coloured hair and my hair is in the best condition it's ever been.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite number in the line of 1-3 my hair feels light nourished and notably shinier ....love the smell too. Have to say eventhough my hair is on the drier end of dry this one seems to work better than the 2 -3 in its line... The conditioner rocks too!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After months of using alternately with other shampoos, I'm finally at the bottom of the bottle. I think this is one of those products you will like or dislike. I recommend for extremely dry or colored treated hair. I DO NOT recommend for virgin or fine, natural wavy hair.

It leaves my hair oily at the roots along with some breakage. Does provide shine and almost too much softness. I'm still on the hunt for HG shampoo. I'm liking the sample of Shu Uemura moisture velvet shampoo but way too soon to review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lucycoogancakes

Another fantastic product from Kerastase. It's smells amazing and I felt that it improved the texture and overall of my hair. I colour and style my hair a lot and I really feel like this product along with masqueintense helps to keep it looking healthy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Katklare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite new shampoo! I have fine hair (not baby-fine) that needs moisture, because I flat iron it every two days after I wash my hair. Most "moisture" shampoos leave my hair really oily and greasy a few hours after use, but this shampoo leaves it soft and super clean for a whole two days! I have been using it for the past two months and I am so impressed. It can be really hard to find a shampoo that is moisturizing but not too moisturizing that you get the oily residue if you have finer hair.