September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Double Ended Eye Shadow Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Lypiphera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this with EDM's "Mini Eyeshadow Kit", which has 10 mini eyeshadows (1.0 g each) and this brush. I was hoping that this brush would replace another brush I had that I just wasn't happy with. It's great for putting color all over, but it's not one that I use for blending or putting on a small amount of color. My favorite end is the non-angled one that I use for putting color on all over. The bristles are very soft and apply the shadow well. I would say it is, without a doubt, worth the price. I got my kit over a year ago and still have eyeshadow left. The brush looks virtually brand new, even though I have been very delinquent about caring for it. It's a brush I would get again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by beca108

I really liked this eye shadow brush. I didn't have much problems with shedding at all. However, you can buy it cheaper at Walgreen's for $5, brand name Perfection.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Lynn_2408

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love EM MMU but this brush is terrible... after like 2 weeks of using, both ends fell off the handle! The angle of the brush is fine and the bristles are nice, but it does shed. I would not recommend this product or repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by fuser12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this brush with the EM eye shadow sampler (which is a really awesome deal! I love their samplers...). It started shedding from the very first day, which was a total disappointment. I like the size and the angled side for application, but the overall quality is lacking. For me, it was a pretty big disappointment. Still love EM, though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I used to think it didn't make much of a difference with what kind of brush you used for applying eyeshadow, but I was wrong! For most of my life, I was using the sponge applicators, and just recently some Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target. I got the EM Eyeshadow Brush as a "freebie" when I ordered one of the EM Mini Kits, and I just fell in love!
The rounded end is super soft and is just the right side for sweeping color on the whole lid while the angle side is perfect for the crease area. Again, the texture on them is great and I haven't noticed any shedding on them. I just recently bought another kit and got a second one as my "free" brush-I want to collect a few more of them so I don't have to keep washing them when I change colors. Even if you don't want to necessarily shell out the $8 for this brush, I think you'll find it worth it as one of your choice brushes in any of the kits or as a "free" one in the EM Mini Eyeshadow kit where you get this brush AND ten eyeshadows for just $18. It is a real steal since the Bare Escentuals eyeshadows have HALF the amount in them and cost about $10-13 EACH.
Sorry...I know this is supposed to be about the brush--but don't let this be your only purchase!
UPDATE: I still haven't had a lot of shedding of this brush as some of the other reviewers have mentioned---maybe I just got lucky? But it appears to have been discontinued anyway, so hopefully they will improve on these. continued >>