July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Powder - Kanebo - Lunasol Skinfusing Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by stephbeexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The most finely-milled PF I've ever used (better than Studio Fix, Dior Forever and Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat). Doesn't look like powder, just good skin. Med coverage if used over foundation, otherwise quite sheer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Y003

It's too yellow for me but I'm asian lol

The texture is nice and good for summer so I won't look too yellow. It's good for making a liquid look darker as a powder but not foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by JuBB

matte finish, if you don't use the sponge correctly you might look like you have a lot of make up on. Coverage is good, feels light on the skin but seems to disappear after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

If you live in the US, go 2-3 shades darker. Trust me. Whether it says so or not, all Kanebo powders (Kate, media, lushevel, freshel) have a skin whitener that seems to bleach your skin and you look 2-3 times whiter. The tricky thing with Lunasol is that the whiteness does not appear right away. I was half way through dinner when my friend said, "you have a white sheen on your face!" And that's wearing the darkest shade available, OC-D/4!!! I'm fair skinned asian living in California where it's sunny most of the year. You want to be fair without looking geisha and as much as I love the softness, the non-drying and the pore coverage of this powder, I can't walki around like a geisha girl when it's so sunny outside all year round.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ClementineKruczinsky

This product oxidizes like heck on me. And I don't know why, but sometimes I look like I have flakes whenever I use this. Some days though, this looks flawless, but yeah, way darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by pottlott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this after my beloved Kanebo International Total Finish was discontinued. Total Finish has been my HG from when I was 16 to cover up acne and redness...fast forward ten years on and I used it to achieve that poreless, translucent look I wish I had. After using Lunasol's formula for a couple of months now, have to say Skinfusing isn't as great as Total Finish.

For reference I am asian, have combo/oily/acne prone skin. I used to just dab a tiny bit of Total Finish with my fingers on my flaws and it blends beautifully. It would last a good half day or so and never worried about it going cakey. Lunasol doesn't give as great of coverage and sometimes it's too sheer to apply it as lightly. The texture and finish is still great, however; a silky, flawless second skin....for the first few hours that is. It's not exceptional at holding off the oilies, so if you're living in a tropic environment and don't remain in an AC room for the majority of your day, Lunasol isn't going to remain flawless. It doesn't cake but it...dissolves? Maybe that's why they called it skinfusing because after a few hours and a bit of humidity the foundation dissolves around my t-zone. My cheeks, sides and eye area look OK but my t-zone looks like I forgot to put foundation on it. I've noticed this with and without the smoothing makeup base that's supposed to go with the powder foundation.

For now I'll stick with it because Kanebo has never broken me out. The quality of their products has never disappointed me and I love how there is always a shade that matches me perfectly. Maybe I'll try setting it with the translucent powder and see how much better (or worse) that is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference: dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Neutral toned NW/NC10. Having very dry skin I prefer cream or liquid foundations but I've always wanted to add a non-drying powder foundation to my collection for its conveniency. I tried quite a lot of foundations, including powder foundations but never found a non-drying powder foundation. This foundation is absolutely the best powder foundation I've ever tried. It's smooth, very finely milled, satin soft, blends like a dream, looks incredibly natural, isn't drying at all, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (it's also fragrance-free), offers great coverage, leaves a satin finish BUT the lightest shade OC-01 is about two shades too dark for my pale skin and it's too yellow. I prefer slightly yellow toned foundations to even out my ruddy skin but I guess ochre shades in Japanese foundations just run too yellow for my complexion. I'm really sad. This would be my HG powder foundation should it come in a lighter, more neutral toned shade.
The packaging is gorgeous, too. A sleek metallic, sophisticated looking refillable compact. Quite pricey; I paid $60 for both case & compact but definately worth it. If you have normal-dry skin and are able to find a matching shade, give it a try! Highly recommended!
*PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by breesana

When I first tried this product, I was in love. It covered my skin perfectly, and the result was a natural, flawless look. But once about a month passed, the product started to really look cakey and way too dark for my skin tone. I don't know if it is that I am a little more pale nowthan when I bought this powder, or if it has oxidized with use, but I am really disappointed with the final result of this powder. It makes me sad because I have had reallu good luck with lunasol sol products in the past.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice product. As a lot of reviewers have commented below, this does not make you look like you have powder on your face; it sticks right onto your skin even better than liquid. It is also one of the best products in coverage I've ever used; it covers up everything from unevenness of the skin and spots to pores and wrinkles. However this is not airy or sheer, as long as applied with the sponge. The high coverage it provides is partly due to its rather thick (yet even) application with the sponge, but I can always use a lighter hand or control the excess on my hand before patting it on. I'm a medium to light colored asian, NC25 in MAC and 20 in CHANEL, and the shade OC-2 matches perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by radiocure11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So my favorite foundation powder was Besame Cashmere powder (have I reviewed that? I better check!) but they stopped making it, supposedly they are bringing it back, but in the meantime, I needed to find a replacement.
After alot of reading of reviews and board-searching, I decided to give the Lunasol Skinfusing powder a try. The descriptions sounded closest to what I love about Besame Cashmere.
I've been using this for three days, and so far, it's the best powder foundation I've used except for the Besame. It does beat Besame in that the lightest shade is a little lighter than Besame's Light, and a better match for me. The finish is very good, but not as good as Besame's. It does minimize (or, at least, doesn't accentuate) pores. I should mention that I wear a very substantial layer of Avene Emulsion SPF 50+ sunscreen under my makeup, so I'm starting out with a handicap right from the start. Even though the Avene dries to a fairly matte, non-sticky finish, it's still a good layer on the skin.
So back to the Lunasol. Where Besame Cashmere has this strangely wonderful matte, yet not flat and non-powdery finish that is very natural-looking, the Lunasol has a tiny bit more of a "glow" due to the mica in it, I'm sure. It's not bad at all, and still very natural looking, but just different from the Besame.
The OC-1 is perfect for my very fair skin. It has a light-medium (or medium-light) coverage when applied with a fluffy powder brush or skunk-type brush. I use a smaller brush to apply extra powder to areas of redness, melasma spots, corner and undereyes, etc., and it works very well as a concealer in this way. I love this type of versitility in a powder foundation.
It lasts pretty well, too, if I don't touch my face too much. I do need to touch up problem areas later in the day, but no big deal.
Oh, and you can blot shininess and the powder will look darn near freshly-applied!
I discovered, after ordering this, that L'Oreal Infallible and Maybelline Purestay powder foundations have very similar main ingredients, but in a different order, from this (but minus the mica and plus silica). So I'm giving the Infallible a try tomorrow since it's way cheaper and easier to get. I expect it will not have the "glow" since there's no mica.
So for now, yes I'd repurchase, pending re-launch of Besame Cashmere and/or pending my results with the Infallible powder. Will update!
Update 7/24/09: Tried Infallible, but the lightest color was still a little bit too dark for me.
Also I noticed with the Lunasol, I do get some settling into the pores on my nose area later in the day. I think alot of this is due to the Avene sunscreen that also like to collect in those bigger pores, which the powder then sticks to. It's only noticeable up close, though.