October 31, 2014 | 1223 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by warrenma1

This is great for blondes who cannot get away with using some of the darker eye brow pencils. My brows are blonde and this darkens them enough to show up but isn't too dramatic on my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I was going to like this...but I do. I have strawberry blonde hair and this matches my brows closely while filling in the sparse areas that I have. The gel holds my brows in place all day. My only complaint is that I wish the gel lasted longer. I've almost run out of the gel (I'm scraping the sides with the brush), but I have plenty of the pencil left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been filling in my eye brows with an eye shadow for a few years, after I have been continuously finding brow pencils to give me too saturated brow look. Eye shadow has been working very well for me, but I was in the mood for experimenting and decided to try out Revlon's brow pencil. I will always look in Revlon first for anything makeup-wise, and their Brow Fantasy checked out because the color seemed right and the ingredients seemed good (no parabens). My eye brows are short and never move, so I was only interested in the pencil portion, not so much the gel. I appreciated that the pencil is a "real" wooden pencil as opposed to the slim plastic twist-style pencils that I'm afraid would break on my brows. It took me several times to try out this pencil, and now I am surprised at how much I enjoy it!

I got this pencil for a change and envisioned doing several light swipes over my brows, and that would be it - quick and easy. At first, it took longer than with eye shadow, as the texture of the pencil seemed rather waxy rather than smooth. However, it just took practice and I find that it does indeed glide on easily and is buildable. The color seemed to yellowish at first (a big change from a darker shadow I used), but one day I looked in the bathroom mirror and noticed how well it fits with my hair! It was amazing!

I do use the gel portion too, and love it. At first, I felt that it didn't add much in color, but it does add a little. The color is very light, but I love it. Pencil pigment lasts wonderfully long - all day, no issues! Comes off easily with soap. Another small note is that the pencil cap snaps shut very well, so it's well protected for carrying in a makeup bag.

The amount of pencil, for me, isn't too little, comparing to the gel portion. They seem very equal. It's a great brow pencil and, though at first I felt that it's rather an accessory to my routine of filling in brows with an eyeshadow, I reach for the pencil every morning!!! I would repurchase!

*** *** ***
This is a full list of ingredients listed on the package and uses:

*Pencil Ingredients*:
Polyethylene (binding agent),
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (synthetic skin conditioning agent),
Dimethicone (silicon-based conditioning agent),
Polymethylsilsesquioxane (synthetic opacifying agent),
Mica (naturally occurring mineral - shimmery opacifying agent),
Rhus Succedanea Cera (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax) (natural binding agent from Japanese wax tree),
Sorbic Acid (natural preservative),
Tocopherol (Vitamin E - conditioning agent),
Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C bound with a naturally occurring fatty acid - skin conditioning antioxidant),
Lecithin (naturally occurring skin conditioning agent),
Glyceryl Stearate (natural skin conditioning agent),
Glyceryl Oleate (natural skin conditioning agent),
Citric Acid (natural preservative),

MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxichloride.

*Gel Ingredients*:
Dimethicone (silicon-based skin conditioning agent),
Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer (binding anf film-forming agent),
PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer (film-forming and hair fixing agent),
Disteardimonium Hectorite (naturally occurring clay-based thickening agent),
Trihydroxystearin (fatty acid-derived thickening and skin conditioning agent)
Propylene Carbonate (synthetic solvent),
Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicon-based viscosity controlling and hair fixing agent),
Phenoxyethanol (preservative),
Capryl Glycol (skin conditioning agent with some antimicrobial activity),
1,2-Hexanediol (synthetic solvent).

MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

My favorite beside the Anastasia brow wiz. I'm on my 3rd sticks! I use it daily.. It's so natural on my brows it goes on smoothly and evenly. The only thing I don't like about this is the gel. I used it few time and it made my eyebrow very hard and dry.. When I use my fingers to feel it, it almost like it was flaking.. So I only use canyon part of it. I would buy it again because it's affordable than the Anastasia brow wiz.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great idea packaging a eyebrow crayon on one end and a eyebrow gel on the other end. The concept is good. I have been using this on and off for over a year now because I really wanted to like this, I really did. But, I don't. Not at all. The pencil is firm and it takes too much pressure and too much effort to get a good brow with this. The crayon color really doesn't look good on me or natural on my brows as it is way too dark and I am a natural blonde with dark brows. I really loved the idea of the mascara style wand to brush through those unruly brows and set them right in place. This was a good idea, only my brows are naturally darker than the product and it looked odd, plus it clumped badly requiring me to use my eyelash comb to get the lumps out of my brows. So the pencil shade is too dark, the gel shade is too light and this is just a cosmetic disaster for me. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with this purchase and now that I think of it I don't know why I haven't simply tossed this out. I rarely toss a product as I will get my money's worth but this just isn't worth it. It just does not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Sadly, I am changing my prior review of this. I had commented, & still believe that the pencil end is not enough product, for someone such as myself, in her late 50's with sparse brows that are so light that they can't be seen at all, without help. That said, the pencil is just too thick & a tad too dark for me. I do not look good with thick brows. For many, this would be a wonderful product, as you can see by prior reviews. Just not for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you have white blonde brows like me, then this is a good product to try! Mine are almost non-existent. With a light hand, this pencil can make the brows look defined, yet natural. I don't really use the gel because I don't like the texture of it in my brows. Mine are sparse to begin with, so they don't move. You can find this pencil pretty cheap on Amazon too. Will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Revlon brow fantasy in dark blonde after searching for a brow gel that would tint my very dark almost black eyebrows to match my new light brown hair with blonde highlights. I don't care much for the black eyebrow- blonde hair look obviously. Anyway, I had planned to buy the Mac brow set in girl boy, which is a blonde brow gel, but stumbled across the Revlon brow gel at my local Walmart. In comparison to the Mac brow set this was around 10 dollars cheaper, but has a lot less product. I got home and used the brow pencil to fill in my brows, so as you can imagine I had black brows with obvious light blonde pencil marks from the Revlon brow pencil. (That was not a good look). Then, I went on to apply the tinted brow gel. I really piled that gel on to make sure there was no black brow hairs showing and to my surprise I really liked the finish look! It lightened my eyebrows to a dark blonde- medium brown color and looked very natural. It stayed on all day no problems. My eyebrows were soft to the touch. The only con I could find was that the amount of product they give you is ridiculous. The brow pencil is less than 2 inches long and I can't see myself getting to many uses before I run out. Besides that, It is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color. I have found myself repurchasig this product over and over. it is something I always come back to. I enjoy the staying power and the color its perfect for my light eyebrows. I do not use the step 2 gel at really, but it does hold my brows in place.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product after seeing some very good YouTube reviews about it. I had been using another drugstore brand (Maybelline, I think) blonde eyebrow pencil and had always topped it with clear mascara. The first time I tried it, I freaked out at the color of the "dark" blonde. To me, it looked very, very reddish. (I apply my makeup in natural sunlight most days or a lighted make-up mirror if that is not possible.) So I removed the pencil part from my eyebrow, used my old trusty blonde pencil and went ahead and topped it with the tinted gel in the Revlon product. I liked the tinted gel very much--it doesn't dispense too much product on the spoolie and it blended right in without me having to work with it hardly at all.

A couple days later I decided to give the pencil part another shot and I sharpened it to get the freshest color possible. Again, I thought it looked more red than dark blonde, but I went ahead and used the tinted gel over it and went on with my day. Whenever I would glance in a mirror, I was happy to find that my brows did not come across as reddish. But it still kinda worries me when I first apply it because it just looks more red than dark blonde. Some days I use my other brand of blonde pencil and use the Revlon gel over it.

I probably will buy this product again, because I really do like the tinted brow gel portion of it. Whether I use the Revlon pencil end or my other brow pencil, I do feel that the tinted gel holds up much longer than clear mascara or brow gel.