August 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Eyeliner - Jordana - Easyliner in Lavish Brown

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim a few months ago - for $4, I felt like I wasn't risking too much! And I really haven't been disappointed at all. This is a great liner, and one I've been using very regularly since I got it.

The colour is a really great dark, almost "burnt" (does that make sense?) brown, that is really defining without being as harsh as black sometimes is.
Pigmentation-wise: there is absolutely nothing to complain about here - it glides on smoothly, no tugging at the eyelids, and sets in about a minute. I like this as it gives me time to smudge it out a bit if I don't want it to look as obvious.

In terms of lasting power, I think that this is really good, but it definitely doesn't always last all day. It's usually fine if I'm just using it as a straight eyeliner - a bit of fading after about ~6ish hours (which I don't mind at all), but it does disappear more quickly if I use it to tightline (although it still sticks around for way longer than many I've tried). This isn't a deal-breaker for me, especially given the price, but if you have oilier eyelids it's something you might want to be aware of. :)

And finally: packaging. What can I say? It's functional, inoffensive, and I really like the retractable style in general! Only quibble is that the lid occasionally falls off in my makeup bag, but as it is a retractable pencil it doesn't usually go everywhere like a normal pencil can do.

Overall: I love it, and would highly recommend to others. And come on - $4 (and that's in NZ, where basically everything is a bajillion times more expensive then it should be... except for this!)!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by paigepiam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got 4 different colors of this easyliner. They've been my favorite for a couple of years. They go on easily, hold up fairly well (have to reapply mid day in the summer) and wash off very easily at night. I'm no fan of eye products that slide down my face & this does not :) I also don't like to have a need to scrub and tug to get makeup off. This one washes off easily yet holds up nicely & looks good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this liner as my brow pencil for my gym makeup bag. I chose it because of the price, the size of the pencil (not too long) and the reputation Jordana cosmetics now has in my eye (extremely good). I'm perfectly pleased. I usually use the Wet'n'Wild powder brow kit with Ardelle clear brow setting gel, but I needed a simpler set up for my gym bag. The Jordana pencil fits the bill (I'm currently using it with the ELF eyelash and eyebrow gel, but I'm on the fence about that stuff). The formula is great - very soft and blendable, and the color is not reddish or greenish - perfect fit for my dark brows. The pencil isn't so long that it doesn't fit in my makeup bag, and the cap is pretty reliable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The quality of this product is average at best, which is disappointing because as others have said, its a great color that is kinda hard to find. Its a black brown that is neutral. It is dark without being harsh and it doesn't have any red/orange like some other brown pencils out there. I just had issues with it running and smudging a lot and it wears off after a few hours and needs to be reapplied. Is rather spend a little more on something more reliable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate to bring the reviews down for this product, but it really didn't work for me. I wanted to love it because it's a.) it's dirt cheap, b.) I love the ease of automatic eyeliner, and c.) the blackened brown color is perfect for my complexion. However, for me, the product smudged...a lot. I don't have particularly oily eyelids either. I wore it on my upper eyelid and within a few hours it transferred to my undereye area. I wore it to go out and every time I went to the bathroom, I had to remove more product from under my eyes until there was no product even left! If you're looking for a similar product for a similar price, I'd recommend Ulta automatic eyeliner in black/brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by sassepiano

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. It's kind of a bummer because the price is right and the color is nice. It runs like an Olympic marathon runner on the lower lash line for me. I really hoped that this would work for me but the formula doesn't work with my skin so well. I use eyeliner like TP, so a cheap HG would have been nice!

This is fine for emergencies, but I just need to check for raccoon eyes every 20 minutes or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Northerncitylady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to splurge on Lancom's eyeliner in 'coffee' which is a VERY deep rich blackened brown. $24,00.
This $1.98 eyeliner from Jordana in Lavish Brown looks EXACTLY and feels and stays JUST like the lancolm pencil. It is SO VERY DARK brown that it looks BLACK, very intense...yet I can wear it outside in the sun without looking weird as I would in black. There is a difference in the 99 cent pencil and this $1.98 pencil, and I think it's confusing some people. I have a few of the 99 cent ones also, no complaints, they do the job...but the $1.98 one is an automatic pencil that never needs sharpening, and goes on smoothly and creamy. It does not 'run' or smudge, but stays on all day. The shade of brown is so flattering. I may never go back to black again, and I plan to keep purchasing this one. I don't care if the packaging is wonderful or not because it goes in the trash anyway, so I didn't take any lippies off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Kishalisha

Smudged like crazy. I even tried to set it with brown eyeshadow, and it still smudged.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color is perfect and the texture is creamy. But the lasting power just isn't there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I saw this in MUA reviews. I am a mess when it comes to eyeliners. Cannot keep a straight line and forget black for me.
This is very inexpensive, so you don't get upset when it doesn't work!
I can use this and it's easy to use, no mess and you cannot over do. You have control of it. I don't like the ones that come in a gel and I have to somehow draw it on-forget for me.
this is also a good brown for brunettes-no red in it

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No