November 20, 2014 | 1937 users online

Lips - Wet 'n' Wild - Pout Protector SPF 15 in Tint of Cranberry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Buy again? YES, YES!!!! This little gem is amazing, the color is great, a nice, not to over the top, not to sheer red. I haven't noticed any drying out or bleeding. I have three of these stashed in the purse, car, and make-up case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is AMAZING! I'm already on my second tube and because I always use it so much, I might have to buy again soon! It's small so I always stick it in my pocket where ever I go. This Pout Protector and my Smackers lipbalm are HG products for my lips. I NEED them both. The cranberry color looks very natural and it doesn't have any weird shimmer ot anything, like Burt's Bees. Since the lasting power is pretty good and it's not actually a moisturizing lip balm (like the name "Pout Protector" suggests), I think of it as a light lipstick, with SPF of course. If you layer it on thickly, you can get a lot of pigment. I usually just dab my lips lightly with it and then blend with my finger. Or I rub my lips together. I also have the Pink one, which is a light pink and has shimmery particles in it, and the Plum one, which is similiar to Cranberry but way too dark for me. I also bought the Caramel one but I quickly gave it away because it made me look dead. I can't wear browns. But this Cranberry shade is perfect! I hope they never discontinue it!! The only con: I wish the words on the label wouldn't rub off so fast. Then I'm left with a plain silver tube and it looks sooo cheap. Even though it IS cheap (and that's what makes it so great), I wish the words could stay on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

For a wet n wild product, this actually has a LOT of pigment. Its a little more drying than I thought it would be (since it's supposed to be a "pout protector") but it's great over a balm; it provides just the right amount of color and it includes spf, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted a balm that sufficiently tinted my lips to be noticeable. I tried Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in the darkest shade, but hated it because there was very little color, too much shimmer, waxy feel and that horridly strong mint oil, and way too pricey at $5! I really don't care for mint oil in any lip product mostly because of the cooling effect it has. Then, the Rite Aid $.99 Wet N Wild sale came along. I checked the reviews on all WNW products and made note of the high scorers. I purchased this product because of its high scores and this shade because it was the darkest, after my Burt's Bees experience.

I agree with the other reviewer that this balm is is somewhere between lipstick and gloss upon application. I cannot characterize its color as anything but a deep red, more on the neutral side than the cool side, on my lips, even though it does have a bit of pink to it when applied to the hand. It has lots of color impact for being a tinted balm, and, like the other reviewer stated, it is very shiny when it first goes on (but wears down to being just slightly more shiny than the average untinted lip balm), it has SPF 15 but it also goes on without any waxy feel. It does have a barely discernable minty smell but only a slight minty taste upon application that quicly fades. It has only a very slight cooling effect immediately upon application that quickly fades. :-) It does, however, have a slightly "cheap" aftertaste that is tolerable, especially considering the non-sale price of around $3.

I really like this product and will buy another in a different shade, the next most dark. This one is just a bit too dark red for daytime wear at work, for my preference. The small, slim tube makes it ideal to carry in my purse. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

This one is a cool reddish ,dark pink color. Its very pretty ,as I usually dont go for this sort of color,it kind of is like a cranberry in color ,very pretty and would look good on most.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover582

i wanted to try this because i needed a last minute balm so i got the clear one and this reddish one and everybody should know I NEVER WEAR DARK COLORS ON MY LIPS! With that said, i really was hesitant to try it out and i have really pale skin im talking NC20 colored skin. I applied this color on my top lip very once then pressed my lips together to make it look like a lip stain, then i put some carmex over it and i was pleased with the result definately a nice color boost for my lips in the winter :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

given the name ("tint") I expected something sheer; along the lines of Clinique almost lipstick. this is is somewhere between lipstick and gloss. not sheer, at least on my lips. I dig it! It's super red, super shiny, and I love that it has spf 15 (my lips always burn). wears reasonably well considering how glossy it is. I will def. have to pick up a few more of these as it made my dry lips look fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm a lip tint and balm whore. i probably have 30 of them. this is the one that my sweetie notices when i put on. i hardly think lip balm is considered sexy, but it certainly gets noticed. the color is called 'cranberry' but it goes on clear cool red. it also has a minty scent. i'm not wild about that, but it isn't unpleasant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what a wonderful product! pout protectors are sheer balms that come in a thin, twistable stick form. they have a very thin, moist, balm-like feel and a lovely mentholatum/minty feel/smell. cranberry is just that, sheer but noticeable (you can layer more for extra color though). they last as good as any balm, but do slightly stain your lips (at least this color). adds a mild-moderate gloss. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.