April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Use this every day. super smooth and pigmented. Wasnt sure how i would like this (im a bit picky - look at my other reviews lol) this was my first foray into cream/gel liners as had always used liquid.

Was pleasantly surprised at the ease of it.

I ditched the little brush that came with it as it was clumsy, not stiff enough and made too thick a line for my taste. I went and bought a super super fine brush from an art supply store for 0.99 and it works like a dream. (generally dont recommend these type of brushes for any other products!!! )

this product does not smudge or flake off on me and i have lots of trouble keeping things like eyeshadow on.

Would def purchase again.. but it is lasting me a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

This just doesn't last. It transfers like crazy (even using my HG primer underneath) and smudges all over my lids. I've had it for about four months and so far it hadn't dried in the pot, and every single time I try to wear it, I magically become a raccoon 2 hours after leaving the house. It has such great reviews, I'm very disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by skyecakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My cousin got this for me for Christmas a few years ago, and I actually didn't start using it until recently. Even after sitting in the pot for a few years, this liner still works extremely well.

I really like this cream liner- I use the Sephora Pro Bent Liner Brush #23 for this. Originally I used the Sephora Pointed Liner Brush #17, but I find the bent brush works better for me, and it's easier to apply and make a wing at the end.

This stays on me all freakin' day. I love it. I never even have to check in the mirror to see if it smudges, because it honestly never does, and I have really watery eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Black gel eyeliner is my #1 make-up staple and this is my HG gel eyeliner. It's very black, applies smoothly, dries quickly(on your eyes, not in the pot!), no smudging, lasts all day. I've had it for about 3 months and it's just as wet as the day I opened it (and I have a tendency to leave it open until I finish both eyes). My only complaint is that when I tried using this to tight-line, it transferred to my contacts. I'll stick to pencils for tight-lining but as far as gel eyeliners go this is a winner for me. Eyeliner isn't something I'm willing to "experiment" with; I want an eyeliner that can look as good at the end of the day as it did when I put it on that morning.. This does just that, at a lower price than many other department store/high-end make up brands. (I use a hard angled brush with it)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I've had mine for three years and its still nice and creamy. Excellent quality: pitch black and creamy and it dries quickly and doesn't budge. The brush that comes with it is a little on the thick side (for me) but I'm using a slightly finer, slanted one for easier application. It would be great if Clinique could supply a dual-ended brush with 2 different thicknesses. Very dramatic look, so I reserve it for big nights out. I can't see myself finishing it any time soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by bobbyeleigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this liner! It goes on smooth, it says put, and it never dries out in the pot. It is my fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly didnít know gel or cream liner could be this magnificent. I wear winged liner every day and have always just bought the gel/cream liner from the drugstore because I thought why pay more for basically the same thing. Iíve tried LíOrealís, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Elf, Physicianís Formula and a few other drugstore liners in the little pots. Some have been horrible and others were good and I assumed they were as good as it gets. I thought it was normal for a cream liner to work great for about a month before it would start to dry out and become difficult to apply and flake all over my face throughout the day. Iíve never been able to hit ďpanĒ or completely use up any of my drugstore liners because they just become far too hard to work with. Then a few months ago I was at my local Clinique counter and decided to try their cream liner for the heck of it. Let me tell you, this stuff applies like nothing I have ever used; it is so soft and smooth, like butter. This liner applies so easily that itís saving me time in the morning because I donít have to struggle with applying dry, pasty liner. The best part is that the consistency of this liner is exactly the same as it was the day I opened it; it is showing absolutely no signs of drying out. I have the black color and it is a true deep black; dries to a matte finish and I only need to go over the line once to get a solid black line. This liner cost me $16 which is only about $5 more than the drugstore brand I was using and in the long run the Clinique liner will be cheaper since itís not drying out and becoming unusable. I will definitely be getting my moneyís worth on this liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ammyyyy

Without a primer, the eyeliner is dark and glides on very smoothly without tugging but after a few hours, it starts to smudge and after half a day I end up looking quite raccoon like. With primer, it tends to stay pretty much all day with minimal smudging. The eyeliner also comes with a mini brush, which is decent considering brushes that come with makeup are usually pretty terrible and it's perfect for applying eyeshadow or eyeliner for the lower lash line.
Overall, I would prefer this eyeliner over the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (which also smudged on me), just because it's cheaper and you get more product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Amberbock363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It was not at all what I expected from an "eyeliner" I'd compare it to a mac paint pot it would make a better base. It's easy to get too much I started with a full container and once I built up non patchy color and put a couple swatches on my hand there was a significant dent in my container which I'm also going to post a photo of. The dry down time is sllllllow and it's not waterproof I smudged it 2 min after I applied it with my med shader brush. First swatch was the residue left over from my horrible attempt at my eye the second is layered and the third is one 2. And I also compared it to a paintpot which is not supposed to be opaque in one swipe. Overall patchy thick goopy slow drying easily transferred, it takes a lot of product I put a significant dent in one use. The color is nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ohemeffgee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tons, and I do mean TONS of eyeliners. Gel liners have never been my favorite, but nevertheless I have Stila's, Clinique's, MAC's, L'Oreal's, etc. etc. etc. I don't know why--I almost never use them. I don't know why I pulled this out of my stash the other day, but I did, and was pleasantly surprised. It applied easily, and was a very deep, dark, pigmented black (go easy, guys). And best of all--IT STAYED PUT. I have the greasiest eyelids in the history of greasy eyelids, not to mention watery eyes, yet this stuff stayed put on my waterline, on my bottom lash line, and on my top lash line...without UDPP or TFSI. This almost never happens, folks, and when it does, it's usually with liquid liner. MAC's much loved gel liner has never done this for me, but this little baby did it! Great, no nonsense eyeliner if you prefer gels to liquids.

For a cheaper alternative, try Wet N Wild's mega liner. It's slightly less smudgeproof, but it's also like, 50 cents. And it's even blacker than this one, which I didn't think was possible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No