July 22, 2014 | 1171 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I was on the fence with this one, but then came to like it. I found it absorbs quickly and easily, doesn't become pilly or ball up when I apply moisturizer over it, and it isn't irritating to my skin at all. I was becoming increasingly disappointed as I wasn't seeing results after using for quite a while...however, when I ran out, I wasn't someplace where I could go pick up another serum (this one or any other), so I figured I wasn't missing out by going a couple weeks without till I got home. That period of time is when I noticed that the serum had, in fact, been working. I noticed that my skin wasn't as even or soft, and the lines in my sub orbital area and laugh lines became much more noticeable. When I repurchased and began using it again, the areas I just mentioned became more subtle and my skin texture improved. I am currently phasing in other PTR Unwrinkle products into my skincare regime in order to see if the results become a little more dramatic. (I already use PTR Camu Camu cream but I just purchased peel pads and the night cream). Time will tell!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by zhaya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is specifically for the PTR Un-Wrinkle Primer. I have had good luck with some of the other Un-Wrinkle products so was disappointed in this one. As a primer, it seems to be the same old silicone that every other primer contains. It seemed to make my foundation bead up a bit, and I don't care for the feel of it. I cannot address how it worked on the wrinkles, because I only used it a dozen times or so. And since I do use the Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads, the Dragon's blood resurfacer, and the laser-free cream-gel serum, it would be hard to discern how the primer added or detracted from the mix.
As a primer, I now use the PTR laser-free cream-gel, and it glides on, absorbs in, and provides a smooth surface for my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product came in a kit that the SA told me would last three months. Sadly, it's only last a month. The serum's bottle in the sample kit is much larger than the amount contained in it. The pump idea is great though. I've only been using this product a month, but I don't see any change whatsoever in my skin. Maybe I need to use it longer, but for such an expensive product, I don't want to take that risk. PTR products for me are a very expensive hit or miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by gothikim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using PTR Un-wrinkle serum about 3 years ago, when I could no longer deny that I was getting fine lines around my eyes and some corrugator lines on my forehead. :)

Botox is not an option for me, but after doing some research on peptides, I thought I'd give them a try. Un-wrinkle contains the best peptides on the market today, and in the greatest concentration. I've used other peptide products, but none of them seem to hold a candle to PTR Un-wrinkle. It has literally stopped my lines in their tracks, and improved the appearance of the ones I'd already developed.

I have oily skin, and I prefer very light-textured skincare products. This serum isn't oily at all, and it sinks right into my skin. After I apply it to my face with my fingertips, I dampen them with a few drops of water and then work the remaining residue into the backs of my hands. Waste not want not ;>

My 25th HS reunion was this past summer, and several classmates that I hadn't seen for years commented on my skin's appearance. Thanks, PTR!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

You know, I was going to wait a couple of more weeks before reviewing the PTR "Unwrinkle" products that I received for Christmas. However, this morning before I put my makeup on, I happened to have a good glance at my face in the mirror. I noticed that my skin really looked very good. Very good. Normally, during these January days, my skin is parched and really, REALLY dry and can get flakey...but..that isn't happening. I'm wondering if it is from the PTR products....please read on:
OK..so for Christmas, my middle son, who doesn't think I need Botox, bless his heart, did some research and got me many products from PTR. He got me the cleanser, the unwrinkle pads, the unwrinkle serum, the unwrinkle day AND night creams. ( He also got me the resurfacer and the lip balm--both of which are really great).
So let me start with the cleanser--it is milky--like the Lancome, but it goes on "cleaner" and doesn't leave a film of any sort. It gets the dirt out too. I have no issue with this and I really do like it a lot. Only issue--in my clumsy way, I knocked it out of the medicine cabinet and the plastic bottle cracked--I wrapped it in duct tape so all is well.
Unwrinkle Pads: You know--I was very skeptical about these. I figured they would dry the bejeezus out of my skin--kinda like a Stridex for mature skin..I was wrong. These pads give a nice exfoliation effect without the after effects of dry and flaky skin--I'm amazed. There is enough "product" on these pads that allows me for using one side of the pad in the AM and the other in the PM. I'm babying these things because I will be running like the wind to pick up another jar when I run out. Also....I think these may give a nice healthy "glow" to the skin.
Unwrinkle Day Cream. Nice and light. Really. You don't need a lot of product either. I little tip of the finger suffices well. It absorbs into the skin nicely.
Unwrinkle Serum: You don't need a lot of this either. I dab goes a very long way and it is so hydrating and feels wonderful. I actually like it better than the Lancome Genefique--(did I actually admit that????). I thought I would never ever like anything better than my Lancome--but I'll tell you...this serum is working it!
Unwrinkle Night Cream: I've been using this and am also very pleased as a little goes a long way. I've also been following up in the PM with the serum and the resurfacer. All products of which I am very happy with.
Now--I don't have deep wrinkles. At 56, I do have those pesky fine lines, and the only thing that'll absolutely get rid of these lines is surgery or fillers. However, PTR's products are so hydrating that they plump up the fine lines and give you the appearance of the unwrinkled.
I like the clean feeling of these products as well. My skin is definitly looking better--my only sad thing is that the products are expensive--I'm pretty sure they are more pricey than Lancome..but the tremendous "deal" are the unwrinkle pads. I will repurchase these products and will be on the lookout for his newer products as well. Overall, very pleased. Note--not a miracle worker but it does a great job on mature skin! Thank you for reading.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by miss_lolo

I've been using this product for nearly 2 months now. I was very excited in the first few days of use as I saw results especially around my eyes. Not that I have deep wrinkles, just fine lines. I do feel like my face looks more refreshed right after I use it.

After about a month I wondered if it was doing anything at all...maybe I was imagining things? But what I've found is that it seems to work best without layering up too many products. I'd recommend waiting for it to well and truly sink in before applying other serums etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by shopperdoc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been usuing this for several years twice a day. I like it as a base to other serums and moisturizers. It is the product I use most consistently because of the ingredients. I don't think I noticed anything dramatic. It is more that my face stopped where it was or maybe improved some-I don't have many lines for my age. My complexion is even and people think I have great skin. I would not dare stop using it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using PTR's Unwrinkle serum and night cream for a year. My horizontal forehead lines and vertical 11 lines are nearly gone - I'd say, conservatively, a 90% improvement in the depth and length of these lines. My skin's texture and tone have also greatly improved. Other people noticed these improvements before I did, perhaps because I see my face everyday.

I would say that I saw major improvements after 3 months of use, and they peaked at 6 months. Regular use maintains them. I would LOVE to find another night cream and serum that delivers these benefits but are cheaper. I'm always on the hunt for them. But I think nobody has the actives/concentrations that PTR uses. Some of them are extremely expensive. Overall, I'm very impressed with these products and will continue to buy them until someone creates a less expensive dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am surprised at the minimal number and mediocre reviews of this product. After many failed attempts with other treatment products, and after some research and word of mouth referrals, I have been using this serum along with the PTR Unwrinkle night cream during recent months and have been highly impressed with the results. There has been a significant reduction in fine lines, a unexpected, but pleasing plumping effect, and a dramatic improvement in overall tone and texture. I have spots of melasma caused by past sun exposure and this treatment has been gradually fading and breaking up these spots. I use this serum every morning and at night. It sinks into the skin quickly. It has has not caused any irritation, but my skin has adjusted to retinoids and glycolic, chemicals that can cause irritation, from other professional and over the counter treatments. If you haven't been regularly using these type of ingredients, you may need to gradually build up a tolerance. The only downside is the price, ouch. But a little of this product goes a long way. The first bottle lasted approximately 8 weeks. This serum is designed for older women. So if you are under 35, take my advice and stay out of the sun, wear sunblock, use a good moisturizer and take the money you would spend on this and buy a nice pair of shoes or something fun!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by phizzybee

quite expensive. light weight and quickly absorbed. you can smell the rose. use sparlingly. i think it might cause some break out to my t-zone (oily/combo blemish prone) so i keep it to the sun damaged and drier areas or my forehead and freckle goggles. can be used under makeup. i end up a bit oiler i think. i wish they would give you just a little window to see how much you have left..