October 23, 2014 | 1587 users online

Skincare - Face - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Cream SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Anything pore refining totally breaks me out and this product is no exception. Gotta swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jslatino81

I loved this product, but it seems Neutrogena has discontinued it. I contacted Neutrogena directly, but am yet to hear back from them. Does anyone know where I can find this product, or find a very similar product that works just as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by GiGi6

Overall this is a very good product. I give it 4, not 5, because it didn't perform all that it promised; it didn't reduce the appearance and size of my pores, and it made me break out a little in the first week when I started using it. I also found it to be too rich for the oily areas on my face like my nose, but it was great for the dry places. It made my skin smoother, and it was good under make-up. The texture of my skin was improved. I read in Paula Begoun's book "don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" that this cream is a great exfoliant because it contains glycolic acid, which gets rid of dead skin cells and improves the look of sun-damaged skin, and that it also contains other ingredients that are very beneficial for skin.. but she says that the other products in this line are not that good, especially the toner which contains alcohol. Anyway, I believe this product will work very well for people with normal or dry skin, and who generally don't suffer from acne...As for myself, I will switch to a product with salicylic acid as it is a better exfoliant for people with more oily skin and have blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by vvo2max

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my sunscreen HG! I live in FL, so I'm serious about sunscreen but I've had problems with other products...they cause breakouts or react badly when I try to layer on foundation. This does neither! The added AHA and retinol make my skin feel very smooth. The product texture is a little thick, but it spreads easily and sinks in quickly. I do think it leaves a little "grip," almost like a primer, because my foundation seems to stay on a bit longer. Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Heddy647

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product EXCEPT on hot hot humid days... then I notice my oily, acne prone skin get quite a shine!!! Otherwise, seems to work great. Sometimes not enought SPF for me though, I am in the sun alot. Overall, I recommend to go sparingly when you do use because it covers good and I prefer to use in cooler weather. Once a day only... this is my daily when I am not using DHC White Sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2006 9:56:00 AM More reviews by curlykat

I adore this product!! I noticed a significant difference after only 1 day of using it. The reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the price. I believe Neutrogena are completely ripping us off, but the prduct does work. To those of you who find it greasy don't put as much on. Also I don't find that it stings my skin, but that's just mho.

Here's my regime: I wash my face with Neutrogena Blackhead Minimiser Daily Scrub and concentrate on my T-Zone and chin only. I then use clearasil cleaner with microbeads on my neck and lower cheeks. It is a pain to do this, but I do it this way because I don't want to waste the blackhead minimiser on a part of my face that doesn't need it, lol! Then I moiserise my T-Zone, chin and the tops of my cheeks that have large pores, with a very small dab of the Neutrogena pore cream - I'm talking a smidgen - a third of the eraser thats its on top of a pencil.

Then moisterise the rest of my face with the Coppertone Oil Free Faces Cream (spf 30). I'm getting total sun protection this way and won't look old and leathery before my time! This is the real deal. For the first time ever, I've gone from having blackheads, large pores and breakouts, to having clear, beautiful soft skin in a matter of days and significantly more benefit after 1 week.

Try it, you won't be disappointed, and remember don't use too much of the pore cream. That way you're saving the product and your $$ as well as getting the benefits!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2005 11:54:00 AM More reviews by annashan

I brought this after buying the Cooling gel mask (which I brought because of the advert which say it can reduce your pores). It is a thick cream and it does sting your face if you've got dry skin. I think it was expensive for that brand and the amount you get. At first my skin was clearer and smoother which my cousins did notice, but as I got used it longer I didn't notice anything on my pores, and as it was a thick cream it was very greasy on my face. I'd apply it in the morning but within an hour my face was very oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Stay away from neutrogena if you are break out prone. This brand uses too many ingredients and all products I have tried are the same, starts out promising then later all have broken out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 1:53:00 PM More reviews by happyworldz

I love this stuff but the price is too high for a drugstore product. $12.50 for 1 oz. It's not too rich but not too light. It's just right for my oily/acneprone skin. SPF15 is a bonus. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2005 1:07:00 AM More reviews by beautyinside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason why I won't buy this product again is because it contains retinol, and I am trying to avoid retinol products. That being said, the retinol in the product did definitely minimize the size of my pores. It definitely works, and the sunscreen is gentler than others. But once you stop using it, your pores go back to the way they were. I don't like its consistency, because I like weightless moisturizers, but I know it's a bit thick because of the sun screen ingredients.