Smashbox tokidoki - dolcissima

3.6

Cute! Quality is just average, love the color and the brush is precise, I got it on ebay so it wasn't expensive at all

on 1/2/2011 11:11:00 PM

The applicator is very precise so it really has to be "painted" on with what feels like a mini~spatula. The gloss is thick & VERY shiny. I have strawberry latte and I love it. packaging and light flavor are my favorite traits.
Down side: very sticky!

on 9/21/2010 11:44:00 PM

alright, so

overall rating: 3/5

the quality was alright. but actually, i've seen better quality from lip glosses from Bath and Body Works, and the Body Shop for a cheaper price. i bought this lip gloss for around $13, so that is more than the usual lip gloss, which is $8.

the packaging was very pretty. but it's a lot like sanrio lead pencils... the packaging is so pretty it distracts you from the fact that the quality is just average, and that the packaging itself can be kind of cheap.

i bring it with me to school, and already the design is getting chipped!!! maybe i'm not taking care of it properly, but really, i expected better.

anyway, it was nice, the color was pretty shiny (sometimes it lasted for like five hours, but usually it lasts for about two or three hours), but i think i will look somewhere else for lip gloss next time...

on 4/18/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is such a nice gloss. Its very long wearing, but can be very drying. The color is peacy pink, kind of sheer. I find it is best applyed over a lip primer. The color changes drastically from sheer to nicely pigmented.

on 1/26/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Rly pretty color. And the outside is adorable. I like it.

on 6/3/2009 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

MEHHH! a soft, pale corally pink....to light for my lips. maybe over something else it would work. reminiscent of all things 80's...too frosted

Personally, I prefer the drammatica shade to this one. This color matched my skin tone too well and could not be worn alone, It also dries out my lips, which is fairly annoying to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love tokidoki & i love smashbox! when i saw that the tokidoki collection was on curtain call at smashbox.com i knew i had to snag some pieces before they were gone for good! i started with this lipgloss - & i'm glad i did! i love it! of course the packaging is amazing, so cute. the color is great as well. it appears much more of a vinbrant pink while still in the tube. i was surprised when i first saw it, but when i put it on it was a realy cool shimmering pink. my lips are pretty pigmented so not much color shows up for me. but the shimmer is great. when it's all on it gives me a great shimmering nude lip, mylips look plump & delicious!

in my oppinion smashbox lipglosses have pretty good staying power. & this gloss doesn't dissappoint. it stays put. in fact i put it on to see the color when i first received it & then ate lunch (a salad). when i was finished eating i looked in the mirror & still had gloss on! the only downside to dolcissima i feel is the applicator. i prefer a sponge applicator to the brush, but the great color & feel of the gloss override that. i would def repurchase if this gloss wasn't LE.

on 9/6/2007 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Got it as a gift~! I love the packaging! It's so lovely! I personally like lighter colors, n this is one of it! It has some light shhimmers. An PeachyPink tone! looks nice n yummy! Bud theres a downside. im unsure if its this gloss or other factor that might have been causing my lips texture to be rough, bud it seems to be whenever i use this it happens (taking 2 lippies out). I've stop using it! would prolly try it again since its not that cheap( n i dun wan to believe that its this gloss that's causng those rough patches on my lips!).

on 8/11/2007 6:50:00 PM

I have both the tokidoki lip glosses, and I have to say that Dolcissima is definitely my favorite of the two. The color is a very pretty shimmery peach that suits my medium skin tone quite well. However I have a few issues with the product. First, it dries my lips out much like the Drammatica. It does have pretty good staying power though: even when the gloss itself seems to have worn out, much of the color and sparkle stays. Second, the wand has started fraying already, making application a little bit more of a hassle than I think it should be, and I've only used it a few times. Third, I feel like a get a little too much gloss on the wand than I want; the stuff practically drips off if you aren't careful. All in all, I love the color, but it's certainly not the best.

Recommended for Medium Skin