October 1, 2014 | 1302 users online

Eye Shadow - Ulta - Twilight

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this for free with an Ulta purchase so it was a nice surprise. I would not have purchased this product on its own because it really does not inspire me, but it is a good tool to have in case. It needs a primer to last a long time and it also needs to be layered to have an effect. Just average in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really pretty color in the pan and I got it for a great price ($4). It has a smooth texture and is easy to apply. However, I get little to no color payoff no matter how much I pack on, and I get a lot of "fallout," with eyeshadow under my eyes. Update: ok, I don't know if this shadow has some firm top layer that you have to break through or what, but once I got "into" it, it seemed to show up a lot more, and I didn't need as much on my brush. It lasts all day without creasing (my eyelids aren't oily). I like it, and want to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had stayed away from Ulta eyeshadows for a long time because, let's face it, the quality used to be pretty abysmal. I decided to give this one a try after reading the reviews on here, and I'm glad that I did. This is a gorgeous, shimmery taupe with purplish accents. It's a surprisingly complex color for being such an inexpensive product. It wore all day for me over TFSI with no creasing and very minimal fading. I'm going back to pick up a few more of the top-rated colors, since it seems like they've changed their formula for the better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A shimmery taupe with zero color payoff. Contains parabens and terephthalates.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first try at Ulta eye shadow. Such a beautiful color. I was really impressed with the quality and blending! I have red hair and fair skin and I generally buy browns/neutrals/taupes ... and this color covers them all. I can easily see this color becoming my favorite.

I got this during Ulta's buy 2 get 2 free so it was $3.50. And you get a LOT of product. They got tons of color choices, can't wait to try the other 3 I got.

Overall, very happy ... will definitely buy more colors in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

The packaging or formula might have changed since I bought mine, but I recently picked it up again and was stunned. It's an unusual shade of taupe, maybe the queen of taupes. On my lids it takes on this icy lavender gray taupe shade, and I do use UDPP under it. Without a primer it will be too sheer. With LA Splash sealer/base it's metallic and out of this world beautiful. This is a very cool toned taupe, so warm skin tones might dislike it, and some very fair skin tones might find it washes them out or enhances blue tones in their skin. I paid only about $3 for it way back when and now I use it almost every day. It has a lot of pigment when you swatch it and the shadow is soft. Not as buttery as it could be, but soft and not chalky at all. Ulta does love to change their formula every year, so I hope it stays this good and the color doesn't change. Twilight is a rare shade. Anyone who loves taupe should own it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

Love this color so much! My eyes are a teal blue/green color and this makes for a great twist on a smokey eye.

I use it on both top of lid and bottom lashline for daytime. If I want something more dramatic, I use it with black eyeliner and loads of Maybelline Falsies mascara.

The only thing that sucks is there is no applicator, nor anyplace to store your own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad to see that some other reviewers thought this looked much like MAC's Satin Taupe as well. We recently got a MAC counter near us, so I went to swatch some of MUA's most mentioned MAC shadows. As soon as I swatched Satin Taupe I thought it was so close to Ulta's Twilight that there was definitely no point owning them both. There might be a slight difference in the finish...IMO, Satin Taupe has more of a satin finish while Twilight has more sheen, but still, not enough for me to justify a purchase of Satin Taupe. And can we just talk about the price difference??? Most of my Ulta shadows have cost about $3.33 (I like the 3 for $10 deals!)...I can get almost 5 Ulta shadows for the cost of one MAC! I do own one MAC shadow, and I find the quality of my Ulta shadows to be completely on par with MAC. Now, onto the one little quibble I have with this shadow....it works fine on me if I'm out at night, but in the broad daylight, it's not the best shadow on me; it clashes with my undertones a bit. That's not the shadow's fault though, so I'm not knocking any points off for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous taupe color. Makes for a perfect day time smoky eye look. I bought this to pair with Ulta's sandstone eyeshadow and they look incredible together. It applies smoothly and is very pigmented. Not bad for a sale price of 2 for $6.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Zandiland710

This is my favorite shadow. Bought it on a whim for .98 and have worn it every day since. So flattering on my fair but tanned complexion. Flatters any eye color. I use with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and it looks perfect. My new favorite!