Maybelline Colorama - Red Velvet

3.0

on 12/28/2006 2:04:00 AM

I probably wouldn't buy again, as red creams are not my big thing. But it's a very nice shade and I'm giving it a nice review.

The Color...

A warm red, it goes on sheer with one coat, opaque with two. It is very medium red and a little muted in that it's not a shocking true red. It's slightly muted towards the brown spectrum. I am wondering how close this would be to China Glaze Italian Red, a color I want to try. Strangely, it does go on darker on the nail than in the bottle. I am looking and looking at this color and there is just something about it that doesn't mesh well with me. It could be how green my skin is... I am a NW20 and a Px B/R level 2 with lots of green in me. I think I just need a truer red---I think my skin amps up the muted tones and my skin looks a little grey.

The Application...

No problems here, the color went where I put it without being gloppy or messy or thin or slippery. I find these Coloramas to be really good colors for nails and easy to buy a lot of. I won't be getting this for me but I can imagine this may look good on a more yellow toned girl.

ED: I finally saw Italian Red... I think it may be the same color but Italian Red is more sheer.

Popular Polishes