November 28, 2014 | 1282 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cheery Cherry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by pammo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reviewer below summed up Cheery Cherry rather well - it seems to be a magenta-based red with extremely subtle red/gold shimmers (very fine). I only applied one coat (on top of a base coat) and it ended up being very opaque with no streaks (yay OPI). Beautiful color + great quality = winner! Too bad it was part of the holiday 2006 3-pack minis .. it's so pretty!

Definitely my favorite of the 3 colors. What I've Always Wanted! is a brighter red with obvious (almost tacky when compared to Cheery Cherry) gold glitters, and Is That For Me? shows up a burgundy-purple with gold shimmers (in addition to needing 2 layers to get rid of streaks) ...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 1:56:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This came in a three pack of little minis and a cell phone charm in the 2006 Ulta exclusive holiday pack. The other two colors are What I've Always Wanted! and Is That For Me? This is in my opinion the best one of the three, and their names certainly are cute.

The Color

This is a deeper than red red with amazing satin like shimmer. It is slightly cool but I don't think a warm gal would have any problems. As far as shimmer, you are not seeing little glinty bits or a metallic metal sheen like I'm Not Really a Waitress. You are seeing just a deep cream and it's slight undertones of deep shimmer in there. Looks very very shiny. And my husband loves it.

The Application

After two coats you will have full coverage. Easy to apply standard OPI application, easy to get on your nail exactly where you want it to go without skidding, and I had very little mistakes due to runny or gloppy product or a useless brush.

This is my favorite of the three and I may have to grab a full size if I can still find one at Ulta. I do have a picture of this on my nails if you wish to see it.

Please check my review of FingerPaints Scarlet Leaves as they are extremely close. continued >>